Cloverfield craze?

Started by , Fri 27/07/2007 13:25:03

Previous topic - Next topic

Fyntax

I thougth it would be another Cthulhu movie..

voh

Cthulhu is taking time off to write his memoirs. Not that I'd read them, because I'd probably lose sanity just for purchasing it.

Also, I quite enjoy Lost.
Still here.

Brad Newsom

Quote from: Fredrik1 on Sat 28/07/2007 23:23:48
I thougth it would be another Cthulhu movie..

The last cthulhu movie sucked major balls. If you didn't know, it was called 'Cthulhu'. Not even a period film. >_<

Stupot

The WHOIS address for slusho.jp is in Tokyo.  Maybe I should check it out.
I wouldn't know what to say though.

veryweirdguy

Quote from: voh on Sat 28/07/2007 23:26:54
Also, I quite enjoy Lost.

Me too. Let's be friends.

I just read about this in Empire and unsurprisingly, the details are scarce.

But I think this is often where ol' JJ really shines, in giving JUST ENOUGH information and nothing more. It certainly gets people interested.

I don't know how most people feel about the new form of marketing that has formed in recent years, where instead of being given information and promotion on a plate people have to seek it out more, but personally I love it.

A good viral campaign can spark lots of interest and get people excited over...well...not a lot really. And I think that is an intelligent way to market something. It keeps people hooked as information trickles slowly in, and this keeps them interested for as long as you need them to be (if done well.)

Thoughts?

Redwall

Except that it ends up like the secret message in A Christmas Story: when you get to the end, all it says is "Be sure to drink your Ovaltine!"

Viral marketing is very effective, yes. I'm personally disgusted by it, especially as it heads from "track down the clues on the internet" to "pay people to go to parties and subtly name-drop products in conversation" (which some marketing firms are already doing).
aka Nur-ab-sal

"Fixed is not unbroken."

radiowaves

I am just a shallow stereotype, so you should take into consideration that my opinion has no great value to you.

Tracks

Stupot

Is anyone here of the idea that it's going to be tied in with Lost?
I can't see it myself but it would be fun.
Perhaps the unseen monster is actually Smokey (Cerberus) who has been unleashed into the real world and wreaks it's special brand of havoc on NYC....

.... nah...

Redwall

Dude, I beat you to it:

QuoteBut if what it turns out people are so terrified of is a column of black smoke that makes you see images from your past, I'm so there.

:P
aka Nur-ab-sal

"Fixed is not unbroken."

Indie Boy

Didn't they say they wanted to do a Lost movie? It would be great if they did, but I doubt this movie is the one.
I won't use this login.
Try IndieBoy instead

m0ds

There's people saying it could be a giant version of the Lost monster :p But that's too crazy for me!! Apparently the inspiration for it came when he visited Japan and was inspired by the fact Godzilla toys were everywhere. But that's from an online tabloid. And we all know not to trust those ;) Still. Looks like they want to make the monster something very unique. But most definitely plain. A giant Blue Cup.

LimpingFish

Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Brad Newsom

In the poster you see the Statue of Liberty without its head. In the trailer you see the head propelled toward the camera. One problem. The head is too small. The statue of liberty is built so you can walk around it, including its head. Thats the only problem I had with it.

Stupot

Quote from: Rix on Fri 10/08/2007 01:08:28
Didn't they say they wanted to do a Lost movie? It would be great if they did, but I doubt this movie is the one.

Yeh originally they were talking about having five or six series then ending it with a movie for the finale.  Well they've got their six series so if that's what they're going to do then I'm sure they've alread started planning it.

Chris Carter wanted the X-files to finish with the movie, but Fox said nonono, you have to make more seasons so the movie suffered and it ruined CCs vision of the show... Luckily ABC have given Lost an end date they can work to, so if they make a movie it will be awesome.

PS... What is Chris Carter up to these days?  There was supposed to be a 2nd X-files movie.  Dunno what happened to that.

Stupot

Woohoo.
Sounds promising.
I'm glad it's going to be a standalone story.  Theres nothing really left to visit in the main mythology.

And this way, they could have a new film every 3 years or so and it will always have  new story.  It could be up there with James Bond.

Anyway not to go off topic... Cloverfield.

jetxl

Is it this? http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/11808/
Its called "1 18 2008", though?

After The Host I'm hard to impress.

Evil

I think this looks great, but I agree; what the hell is up with the tiny Statue of Liberty head? The idea (if we guess right) is great and it looks like the concept is executed well.

Stupot

Maybe the small SoL head is a clue.
I mean this is JJ Abrahms we're talking about.
a) Its not like him to make such a basic mistake and
b) He loves playing with the minds of the audience.

radiowaves

Quote from: Evil on Sat 11/08/2007 06:45:19
I think this looks great, but I agree; what the hell is up with the tiny Statue of Liberty head? The idea (if we guess right) is great and it looks like the concept is executed well.

There is no head, maybe its all in someones mind and the monster is black smoke...
I am just a shallow stereotype, so you should take into consideration that my opinion has no great value to you.

Tracks

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk