your opinion on Roswell UFO crash

Started by arthur.com, Tue 31/07/2007 17:46:51

Previous topic - Next topic

LUniqueDan

QuoteBut people thought King Minos was a myth tell they found the Minoan Civilisation on Crete.

Troy was definitively a better example :King Minos is still a myth... we just discovered some ruins, with no writings, and called the civilisation with the name Homer give (Precisely cause we know nothing else.

@Radiowave : Like spaceboy, i'd like you to quote me one of those serious book you'r talking about. Like the exemple of C.Berlitz (earlier on this thread) : it's not because you wrote a 300 pages book on something (even a collection of books) that there is any argument about that.

(make me think of Daniken's elucubrations)
"I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe. Destroyed pigeon nests on the roof of the toolshed. I watched dead mice glitter in the dark, near the rain gutter trap.
All those moments... will be lost... in time, like tears... in... rain."

Nacho

Quote from: lo_res_man on Wed 08/08/2007 05:59:40
I agree with that, I'm just saying we should keep looking, who knows? That's basically what I am saying, "Who, Knows?" Okay yes, Troy is an excellent example, Thank-you for bringing it up. I am not saying its real, I am just saying we should still search. That's all.

No, you are completelly wrong, Troy is not an "excellent" example. Troy war was mentioned in history more than the "9 pages", that the Atlantis was, by many authors, and not just by one telling a tale. Troy was not located in a lost continent. Troy was not supossed to be a tecnological civilization that existed  when the rest of the world was almost in the stone age.

For God's shake... Do you know the myth? Atlantis was, according to Plato, in front of "the Heracles columns", that is the Gibraltar straight, or the Spanish city of Cádiz. The main Island was bigger than "Asia and Libia" (Wich means the North of Africa and the known Asia in those days, the Middle West) It dissapeared swallow by the sea, but it is still in not very deep waters.

Where the hell is that "continent" now? You must know that contient does not dissapear in 9,000 years (if you know something about tectonic plates, I mean...)

"Who knows, we should go on searching"

So, if we find something that it' s not were Plato said, did not dissapeared as Plato said (some thousand years after what Plato said) and it' s thousand times smaller than what Plato said... why should we believe it was what Plato said???

Of course... if you start searching stones, you might find one worked by men hand 9,000 years ago... But that is not Atlantis. Every brick of that period found is told to be "Atlant", what a stupidity... Even if the brick is found in India, it doesn't matter... soon will come a jerk telling it was an "Atlant" evidence.

"We should go on searching"

Yes... probably in 9,000 years someone might start searching 9,000 years old houses in Kansas... and he could even find evidences that a girl called "Dorothy" lived there. Does that mean that the Wizard of Oz existed? No.
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

Tuomas

Ehhh, ok, this is what army does to one. What the hell. Whenever I have time to read these is when I'm drunk (75% of time) so ehhh.

Anyway. I love UFOs, I just had sex with one. Last night with two of them.

Stupot

Quote from: Tuomas on Wed 08/08/2007 22:05:06
Anyway. I love UFOs, I just had sex with one. Last night with two of them.

Were they Ugly Fucking Ogres?
;D

lo_res_man

Understandably Fickle Opossums?
†Å"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge.†
The Restroom Wall

Tuomas

arthur.com

Unknown Flying Object!

The peopole who died in mysterious circumstances where there in the autopsy or saw the debris.
If it was fake why did they die in mysterious circumstances?
If it's a crime to like pokemon video games -arest me!

MrColossal

"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

space boy

i found a video in youtube where a guy films a ufo thingie.
Looks realistic.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtKuBKIaVvs

Stupot

Oh come on now.  Everybody knows it was made by Ant and Dec.

evenwolf

History Channel had an excellent show about Roswell today.  The documentary represented the sound channel / project Mogul side of the story really well.    One guy said Mogul is a bad cover up story because the government wouldn't leave top secret balloons just floating around the desert for anyone to find.   

My response:
1.    Nobody would guess what the balloon was for.
2.    Balloons don't typically float near the ground, dumb ass.
3.    ITS A DESERT.

None of the UFO supporters had a decent argument:   "government coverup =   UFO."  So by that logic,  Monica Lewinsky had Bill Clinton's alien baby.
"I drink a thousand shipwrecks.'"

Andail

And Iraq didn't have weapons of mass destructions, they had weapons of mass alienation!

radiowaves

Quote from: space boy on Wed 08/08/2007 11:12:20
Quote from: radiowaves on Wed 08/08/2007 10:40:02
Space boy, if you take up some books, you would see that actually there is some hard evidence. those amateur websites run by youngsters are bullshit.

Could you tell me which books i should look for?

Try David Icke :D

And to find Atlantis, use some books from Rand Flem-Ath, Graham Hancock and Colin Wilson.

Anyway, back to topic:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5305085298884471236&q=ufo

And if you haven't got a free hour....
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4468185100897567649
I am just a shallow stereotype, so you should take into consideration that my opinion has no great value to you.

Tracks

TerranRich

Sorry if this is old news, but Stupot...do you honestly believe the moon landings were faked, or were you joking? I couldn't tell.

Why would anybody think they were faked? Because the flag was waving? Because there were no stairs visible? Easily explained.

Stupot

m0ds

Old thread I know but I am thrilled to have seen another one tonight :D I'd always thought I'd see any kind of UFO whilst out in the random wilderness but now twice I've seen them above me freaking house!!! AWESOME! As always I popped out for a cigarette and looked up, to see a star "circling", just kept going round in circles. To imagine its distance it looked like it was travelling round a 2p coin or something. Anyway it slowed down almost instantly and started moving back, then forth, then back again, then forth; and continued to do this for a long long time! I even showed my mum who also saw it moving. Accelerating forward, stopping, accelerating backward, stopping, fairly quickly. ODD!!!! I watched for 20 minutes until clouds covered it up. But 30 minutes later on my way to work (I was keeping an eye on the sky!!) I saw it once more, same motion, forward & back, only it looked a bit higher - but my view could've been obscured by the clouds. Since then it's been raining and cloudy. I also thought I saw more than one too, but that may just be me going mad ;)

SO anyway. Yeah. Why the hell do I keep seeing UFO's?! :P This one definitely seemed more alien in motion than the one I saw a couple of years back. So I'm guessing its an expensive marketting ploy for Aliens vs Predator reqium. :P Anyway, peace! etc x

Stupot

There's always a scientific explanation.

What you saw was obviously a fly with a peice of tin foil strapped to its back.  When the sky clouded over, the foil stopped reflecting the moonlight.

See, I'm good I am.

Nacho

Quote from: m0ds on Tue 15/01/2008 00:05:22
As always I popped out for a cigarette and looked up, to see a star "circling", just kept going round in circles.

What did the cigarette have in?
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

Dualnames

Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk