"Downfall"-DEMO available for download now!

Started by Grim, Sun 19/08/2007 17:27:46

Previous topic - Next topic

hedgefield

Dualnames

The background art is quite awesomec and the character art fits in there. Reminds me a bit of White Chamber which is good. Good job. Carry on with it.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Grim

Thanks. I'm currently experiencing some technical difficulties due to not being a good programist- that soddin' scripting is killing me!...But I should solve it soon and hopefully finish game at the end of this year.

Dualnames

Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Grim

Just solved the huge problem with main character being chased and killed by one of the npc's and now I can move on! Thanks to all at beginners technical questions forum!

Afflict

The animation looks like it will animate nicely. Well Done.

Bonus points for all the gore!

Bastos

The Backgrounds really fit a horror game....

Good luck on finishing this....

Grim

It's not far from completion now...
Thanks for all the positive comments...and negative ones as well but I think everyone's been so polite so far that I haven't noticed any:)
Anyway- it should be finished in first quarter of 2008. Now my brother joined me on this project to produce some music for the game. If anybody remembers Elvira games this is the kind of stuff but in much more modern version and better instruments. I'm also planning to add some guitar tracks of my own production.

Trying not to reveal too much...but here's another screenshot.

Barbarian

Great looking job so far. I like your art style.
I'm working on a horror-style adventure game myself these last couple of years, but my graphics are mainly "ripped" from other sources. For a future project I plan to do more like you've done, and just hand-drawn my own art.

Anyways, I know it's hard work to get the setting and "feel" right to get a good horror-adventure game, though I think you're on the right track from what I've seen so far.   Best of luck with it, I look forwards to playing it when it's done.
Conan: "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!"
Mongol General: "That is good."

Blade of Rage: www.BladeOfRage.com

Galen

Astounding work Grim. Keeping the outdoors in "Film Noir" grayscale really seems to accentuate the insanity contained within the building.

Dualnames

Grim, I hope your game makes me feel uncomfortable and scared...

SuperDre

Looking at the screenshots, I must admit that it looks very good and 'original' (the art)..
Keep up the great work.. the only thing to be a bit 'negative' about is the characters look a bit stuck on, but that's because of the difference in art.. maybe you could try to get the characters a bit more like the background..
But even with the difference, I hope to play this beauty soon.. good luck.. ;)

Grim

I sacrificed 3 years of my life for this game... Sometimes I spend few hours to make ane sequence of animation and I'm very proud of it. This is my best shot. I hope it'll work. My aim is to show things that other games would just hide... There is a scene in which character cuts an NPC with a chainsaw..and I want it to be seen in all its gory details. My goal is to make this game an ultimate horror experience. Only the graphics are a bit retro, but that's the whole point- in the age of 3d shooters to make game with more depth and story then blockbuster titles...

As to character not fitting the backgrounds... Just wait for the final version. I can't make pencil-drawn chars- this is just too complicated. Instead I want to make sure that sprites animate well and are believable. I doesn't look that bad..or maybe I just don't see it anymore? Anyway, 2 more months and Downfall should be finished and I promise this will be game like nothing before:) I might be a bit full of myself, fair enough, but I really think it's gonna be a decent piece of a game.
Time will tell.
Happy new year everyone!:)

Rd27

Quote from: Grim Reaper on Mon 31/12/2007 21:53:53
My goal is to make this game an ultimate horror experience. Only the graphics are a bit retro, but that's the whole point- in the age of 3d shooters to make game with more depth and story then blockbuster titles...

I really hope that you succeed in this, because horror just simply ROCK's  :)!

I really like the graphics-style and all. I hope that the music/sounds will be good too, because they are important thing in horror, in my opinion atleast.

I will definetly give this a try when you release it!

MYKAYEL

how much longer will you torment us?
I don't think I'm the only one who is DYING to play this game. All you're hard work seems to pay off. I might be getting ahead of myself, by I think you're game is going to be cooler that the X Days A X series. :D

Grim

Thanks Rd27 and MYKAYEL!:)I'm doing my best here:)
I think I will set release date on st Valentine's Day as the game is about death and a lot about love too:)

MYKAYEL

Quote from: Grim Reaper on Thu 03/01/2008 18:32:50
and a lot about love too:)

Oh boy, this is getting better and better.  ;D Keep up the good work and make sure you give it a nice ending. (lots of games screw up at the ending) Well good luck working on your game. As I said before, I am Dying to play it. Also the graphics are just plain amazing, it's perfect for the atmosphere. Rd27 is right about the music and sound, so good luck with that, I know it can be quite difficult. If you need a beta tester, then please PM me, cause I sure as hell would just love to test your game. ^^

Buckethead

I can't wait for this game to be finally out! Good luck with finishing! Now I have another reason to look forward to valentine's days  :D

CosmoQueen

KPop and AGS....................that is my life.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk