"Downfall"-DEMO available for download now!

Started by Grim, Sun 19/08/2007 17:27:46

Previous topic - Next topic

yarooze

As I allready said - I'm waiting for this game! Keep working!  ;)
My Blog

Grim

New screen:

I won't show more screens 'till game's finished. That should be soon. Enjoy!

Snake

God bless it!

I can't wait for this game, Grim, it sounds and looks like it'll be an instant hit :)
I love your artwork.

Can you give an estimate for when it'll be released?

--Snake
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

SuperDre

looks really cool.. gives me a flashback to 'the white chamber', which was also an awesome adventure..

Galen

Soundwise is this gonna have creepy music or creepy ambient hums (if you understand my meaning)?

Grim

I thought the release date would be 14th January- Valentine's Day, but it seems a bit unrealistic now... So it might be a bit after the deadline.

As to music and sounds, like I've already said, my brother is providing me with music. 8 tracks is already made, 2 more in production. It suits the atmosphere quite well.

Minimi

lucky for you, Valentines day is 14 february, not january ;)

DazJ

Very impressive. I'm looking forward to playing this myself.

Music and sound FX make or break a horror game. I find that if you're ever in doubt about what creepy ambience noise to use, just throw in a couple of kids whispering or singing with a reverb effect - works every time ;)

Rd27

This game looks better and better after every new screenshot  :)!!!

I'm really looking forward to this!

Grim

Didn't manage to meet the Valentine's Day deadline.... I'm really sorry... but the games is not far from being completed, so be afraid:)

SuperDre

don't worry, just make sure the game is really completed when you release it, and be smart, if anyone asks what the deadline is, just answer the following: "It's done when it's done." ;)
good luck

hieronymous

looking good. some very interesting, unusual and quirky graphics here
Art of Darkness, Beyond the Comfort Zone

Stupot

I'm shitting myself just looking at the screenshots.
Good luck with the release, Grim.  I can't wait.

Grim

Demo for the game is available now!

Link for all interested is in the first post of this thread.

Enjoy!

Peder 🚀

Why oh why?

Why did you choose rapidshare? :P
I have to wait like 17 minutes :( (and I havent even downloaded anything from there.)

Either way, I will post my comment about the demo here:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nasty looking game! (Thats positive in this situation! :P)
Anyway good demo!

Only thing is the interface was a tiny bit confusing. As the character wouldent walk it seemed like unless the pointer was over a walkable area when pressing.

GFX is looking good!
And I am definatly gonna play the game when it comes ;D!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

And I will also gladly host the file when i've downloaded it!

Grim

17 minutes?....

Sorry, I had no idea it's so slow....

I'll be really happy if you can host it. Cheers for that!:) And enjoy the demo in (now)16 minutes!

Peder 🚀

downloading files aint to bad if I remember right, its just the waiting before you even CAN download it :-\

I finally got to download it and here is my mirror:

File hosted by Sons of Gaia for Grim Reaper

Grim

Thanks Peder, I placed your link in first post as well.

Angel Dust

Played it and it's pretty good but there is not enough dammit! ;D.
Only problems would be the character walking and talking animations are a bit off, the other animations are very good though, and the intro dragged as far as pacing went (maybe create a few more animations to accompany John's story?). Of course the walking and talking animations don't really matter too much but if you are looking for anything to improve on that might be something to look into.

One weird bug I noticed; when I went to go to the corridor, and the character started walking into the screen, his head appeared to be on backwards!

Anyway I'm really looking forward too this now so hurry up and finish it already! ;D

miguel

I second what Angel Dust wrote and also think it's pretty good.
I gather John is just as troubled & twisted as the woman that he kills, well that was the opinion I got from it.
You have a great start here, I hope you release it soon.
I loved the music.

Working on a RON game!!!!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk