Is anybody else having problems with the AGS boards?

Started by Stupot, Wed 29/08/2007 17:34:21

Previous topic - Next topic

voh

Quote from: Rui "Trovatore" Pires on Wed 29/08/2007 23:14:15
Ah, well, in that case, welcome to the club. :D

I've yet to receive the complimentary club pass :-\
Still here.

Stupot

its getting worse... maybe its about time to free up some memory and delete some old posts from the archive.

Babar

Ahhh! I finally understand! You've got some absurd thing written here somewhere that you are unable to delete, and you wanted an excuse to get them removed secretly.

However, I've also been having problems, occasionally of the kind ManicMatt showed. I know it's not my connection, because I got that upgraded recently, and when the forums aren't working, other stuff is.
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

scotch

I haven't noticed a slowness on the site since the server switch. Am I the only person that it's totally fine and fast for, all day, every day?

Gord10

I am having a problem for about one month.

I can't enter the website and the forums without using proxies! I believe it is a problem about my connection.
I am really tired of the silly p0rn advertisements that I have to see whenever I want to enter the forums or being oblicated to ask a friend of mine to find the URL of the topic in here that I need to link at somewhere else.
Games are art!
My horror game, Self

dasjoe

Quote from: Stupot on Mon 03/09/2007 16:34:28
its getting worse... maybe its about time to free up some memory and delete some old posts from the archive.

oh yes, because we're using an average of 560 MiB of available ram and 7.7% of our cpu power, that's way too much!
also our connection is running too hot, it's running at 1.1% of its capacity.
now tell me what to prune, i obviously can't run this thing :(

edit: i'm not running the forums but the server, in collaboration with some other people.
... it's quite easy being the best.

Pumaman

Yeah, the server isn't under excessive load or anything, which is why it's strange if people are having problems. I can't say I've experienced any issues myself, it seems consistently fast and reliable.

I wonder if there might be some routing issues between particular ISPs/countries and the server?

dasjoe

people could add this line to their hosts file and see if it helps, google how to do that:
Code: ags
212.227.132.49	www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk

Gord10

@Dasjoe: I have done this and I am able to access the "www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk" address without using proxies now. But I still need the IP of http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/ , as I am still unable to access the forums without the proxies. I'd be grateful if someone could help me to find the IP of http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/ <: )

(I will hit my head to the monitor if I ever see that p0rn stuff again)
Games are art!
My horror game, Self

dasjoe

Gord10

I have just figured it out this. Thank you very much Dasjoe, though :) Now I can connect without any problem.
Games are art!
My horror game, Self

Stupot

Maybe it's the weather, then.
Dasjoe, you're not sarcastic at all are you?

lo_res_man

I got the whiteness a few times as well as a few cannot findserver errors, but yeh, F5 usully clears that right up.
†Å"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge.†
The Restroom Wall

AGA

Quote from: Stupot on Tue 04/09/2007 04:13:43
Maybe it's the weather, then.
Dasjoe, you're not sarcastic at all are you?

He's German, they're a very serious people.

dasjoe

i am concerned with matters of consequence. i don't amuse myself with balderdash.

lo_res_man

Your on a board that is as likely to discuss "the forgotten elements" heroines breasts as the the meaning of life, and you say you don't concern yourself with balderdash?! :o
Oh come on, life is all about balderdash! Silliness is a large part of what makes life livable!It all just so silly! ;D
†Å"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge.†
The Restroom Wall

Stupot

Good job I re-read that.
I was preparing for a healthy discussion about Baulder's Gate.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Funny, now I've been getting those 404 errors. Usually they clear as soon as I hit refresh, but this time it took me... wow, a whopping 5 seconds. Who shall restore this precious time back to my life?

No biggie, but thought it might be worth mentioning. Y'know, for that fabled record.
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk