Started by naamlock, Fri 31/08/2007 11:06:31

Previous topic - Next topic

naamlock

I make it with PAINT :

Blue

You must have great patience  :o
It looks very cool!

ildu

The text is pretty boring, but otherwise it all looks great! Tell us more about this project.

zabnat

The black silhouettes at the bottom don't look as good as the white one in the middle. White has more dynamic pose and seems to have (hard to say as the legs are not completely visible) more correct proportions.
Some other notes: gun seems to have very low barrelline. Your sig looks a bit like it's connected to other black figure, maybe move it a bit more to the corner and maybe make it smaller.
Otherwise I quite like this piece.

Steel Drummer

This is great! The bottom picture needs some polishing, but the other two are fabulous!

I love how he just casually says 'I make with MSPaint'. :D
I'm composing the music for this game:

Evil

I'm a sucker for zombies. I really like the first two, the last is alright. It's not bad, it's definatly capable of being awesome.

Preportions aren't perfect. First is GREAT, second has a lot more going on, but the proportions of the left figure are a little off.

Very stylized and interesting. I'd like to see more it you make with PAINT. ;)

radiowaves

Great patience my ass, curve tool all the way. But this doesn't mean its not a great graphics. These pictures are AWESOME!
Now try and AA all of it manually in Paint, that requires some more patience, but still not much ><
Aa would do it some good. I might help you with that, but its better if you learn by yourself :P
I am just a shallow stereotype, so you should take into consideration that my opinion has no great value to you.

Tracks

Snarky

Why don't the figures have any feet?  ???

Stupot

Quote from: Snarky on Sat 01/09/2007 01:37:30
Why don't the figures have any feet?  ???

Coz they were eaten.

Great pictures, man...  you should enter The MSPaint Game and put us all to shame.

ildu

Quote from: radiowaves on Fri 31/08/2007 22:43:07Great patience my ass, curve tool all the way

I agree (with the exception of 'curve tool'). I mean, you can do almost the same on Paint than in Photoshop (excluding layers, custom brushes and some post-processing niceties), but on a pixel platform. Using a tablet (without pressure-sensitivity), it's basically the same as painting anywhere else. No self-respecting painter uses all those crap filters and effects in Photoshop, anyway. It's 90% about drawing and coloring ability. Also, the text is anti-aliased. Was that made in Paint as well?

Oz

Nice! But the characters look like the Bee Gees. :) Disco Of The Dead!
Diversity is divine!

Stupot

Quote from: Oz on Sat 01/09/2007 13:51:27
Nice! But the characters look like the Bee Gees. :) Disco Of The Dead!

You'd have trouble 'Staying Alive' with all those zombies about.

naamlock

for the text I used a "police of caractere" (I don't know , if I can say that in english... do you understand ?) find on the web.

glaft

police of caractere : font  ;)

naamlock

Grim

Why do you people punish  yourself by using MS Paint? This program gives such a limited possibilities that it makes you wanna cry! So why not get something like PhotoShop or PaintShop Pro? It's much mucj easier than you think...

LGM

Sometimes it's better to limit your means of creation. In the long run you usually come up with something better.
You. Me. Denny's.

radiowaves

Photoshop is good for certain things, MsPaint is good for other kind of certain things, like pixel art! PS is only good when manipulating something or just brushing.
I am just a shallow stereotype, so you should take into consideration that my opinion has no great value to you.

Tracks

Blue

Quote from: radiowaves on Sat 08/09/2007 00:12:33
PS is only good when manipulating something or just brushing.

Not true. Photoshop is excellent when it comes to pixel art as well as anything else.
But of course that depends on how you define pixel art. So how DO you define it?  :)

Buckethead

I think PS comes in handy when pixeling if you want to draw another view for your character. You can set Rulers

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk