PC Rituals

Started by Oliwerko, Sun 02/09/2007 14:08:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Oliwerko

Hi there.

Another little poll here. I hope it'll be fun.

I want to ask you guys if you have any "PC rituals" - related to anything, from PC games, internet, etc... Like perhaps having your feet in cold water when you're browsing or anything like that. That's it. Don't be shy, I have also a weird one  ;D

I'll start:

If possible, I try to make a woman character in any PC game (whole my life, I had one, maybe two exceptions). It may sound weird, but that's what I do. However, I still keep my male name (that's even more weird). It started looong ago when I played computer by my uncle - unreal tournament was it, I remember. I chose a woman character. And it sticked on me. So that's my ritual.

And yours ?

Buckethead

of course you pick a woman character when playing UT... their female models have less poly's so they are faster... duhh  :P

anyway... I don't really have any weird habits. Except maybe that I close the curtains so that no light shines on my screen.

Oliwerko

I assumed you sit in front of your computer with your bucket on your head, mwhahahaha.

lo_res_man

I light candles and burn incence, and write pentagrams on the floor all to invoke the spirit of the computer. :D no not true, but i do keep the moniter off until I think it is done loading. since I can usully find something else to do, it helps make the LONG time it takes for my computer to boot go faster.
†Å"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge.†
The Restroom Wall

Akatosh

I've been using the nickname "Akatosh" 99.99% of the time since 2003 (only exception is my E-Mail Address) whenever possible. Does that count?

Oliwerko

lo_res_man -> I used to do that long time ago. But it didn't stick to me like the woman characters.

Akatosh -> Yes, it's hard to make your name completely consistent on all sites.

radiowaves

A somehow end up wearing my thick and warm headphones all the time when I am sitting in my PC. And there is no music playing btw, I just warm my ears or something...
I am just a shallow stereotype, so you should take into consideration that my opinion has no great value to you.

Tracks

Stupot

Yeh Stupot isn't the most original name so I'm lucky when I can get it.

Any rituals?... Well I always keep a tab with my Yahoo! inbox open and just refresh it every once in a while instead of loading it up every time... dunno why, though... I'm not that popular and its mostly spam anyway.

Oh, and I normally load up solitaire as soon as Windows opens and have a game of that while I wait for everything else to catch up.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

I'm fiddling with clothespins right now, and come to think of it, it's a rather regular thing. Hadn't even ever noticed before...
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

LimpingFish

The choosing female characters thing is more common than you would think. There's probably a term for it, but I'm too lazy to investigate.

My hands must be freshly washed before I sit down in front of my PC, but that could be due more to my OCD than any specific PC ritual.
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Haddas

I always scroll and click when i don't have to. It annoys some people. I don't even really notice that I do it, but apparently it is so.

R4L

I don't know why, but I have a habit or right-clicking. I HAVE to listen to music too, or else it feels off.

Radiant

I mouse left-handed, which makes people think I am left-handed. Which I'm not.

Also, I use the keyboard rather than mouse whenever possible, including in FPS games. That's gotten me some weird looks, but I'm surprisingly effective with it.

nihilyst

I usually eat and drink while I'm at the PC. When it gets later, I turn on some ambient chill internet radio music to get the right nerdy feeling.

Obi

Well First I wake up, contemplate my life. After doing this I take a run and kick the computer, otherwise it won't work. Then I wipe my finger and proceed to push the power buttons three times, it has to be three so it goes On - Off - On then I wait till it starts and I have to press del to bring up the BIOS screen but my bios has a password so I type in are-o-s-e-b-you-d-s and it gives me entry to bios settings.

I check the temperature of my PC and at what rpm the fans are running at. After finding out that everything is ok and working I quit from the bios and let the Computer Start. Once it has booted Windows I have to choose my login details and input my password. So I input I-L-I-K-E-G-U-N-S then it logs in. Then I must invoke the internet using the provided icon on my desktop, to start it I have to double click on the Icon and then input my internet password which is J-A-I-O-S-E-N-S then I'm on the internet.

Next I want to start firefox so I make my mouse pointer go around the Firefox Icons 3 Times clockwise then 3 times anti-clockwise then click on it, but if the mouse pointer accidentally touches the icon before the 6 turns are done I have to start again.

If I'm going to start playing a game I have to check behind me and ensure all windows and doors near me are closed to ensure that no one can get in and stab me while I am playing a game.

Domino

Quote from: Oliwerko on Sun 02/09/2007 14:08:32
If possible, I try to make a woman character in any PC game

When i used to play the Sims or Sims 2, I always made my character a Female...and always a Lesbian. Don't know why.  :)

lo_res_man

I also like to pick female character when playing games, also don't have a clue. I mean I have an excuse, but why do the who knows how many other guys do? Its like the "chicks" in chatrooms.
The Restroom Wall

Stupot

If it's a beat 'em up or something I often choose a female because they tend to have massive tits which bounce beautifully.  But if it's any other kind of game, particularly if there's an element of role-play I'll normally choose/create the kind of person I would like to be...  ie. Heroic, masculine, muscley (but not too much so), a hit with the ladies... everything I'm not really.... but still male.

lo_res_man

For me, call me odd, but I really like playing females in role playing games.  though a good old fashioned titty bounce fighter game is fun two.
The Restroom Wall

zabnat

Well, I also choose female characters whenever possible. If I'm going to have to have something in the center of my screen whole time I'm playing why not choose something pleasing to eye then?

On the other hand I never pretend to be a "chick" in chatrooms.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk