The Blackwell Convergence - Now available!

Started by Dave Gilbert, Tue 18/12/2007 22:04:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Gilbert

(I'm going to send out the official announcement tomorrow, but you guys get it first)

Coming June 30th, 2009, from Wadjet Eye Games!

A new film opens to rave reviews, despite its bloody history.  A beautiful uptown office remains unoccupied, despite its prime location.  A downtown artist berates himself for selling out, while a Wall Street investor congratulates himself on a job well done.  Just normal life in the big city?  Or is somthing more sinister binding these events together?

Bizarre connections are a dime a dozen for the Blackwell family, but just how far back do they go? Medium Rosangela Blackwell and her spirit guide Joey Mallone are about to find out.

Screenshots:

Remember this room from Legacy?  It looks different now.

Rosa's apartment has also gotten a facelift.

Tracing a ghost's life history.

Nishanthi is back, and she's gossiping about Rosa.

Joey gets asked a difficult question.

Team:
Writer/designer/coder: Dave Gilbert
Background sketches: Chris Femo (Joker)
Background artist: Luminous Arts
Portrait artist: Ian Schlaepfer (Big Brother)
Sprite/animation artist: Shane Stevens (ProgZMax)
Music: Thomas Regin
Poster art: Dan Lee

Confirmed voice cast:
Rebecca Whittaker (Rosangela)
Abe Goldfarb (Joey)
Brian Silliman (Allen)
Francisco Gonzalez (Frank)
Among others!

Some voice samples:
- Rosangela
- Joey
- Rosangela and Joey

Demo:
Get it HERE

Release date:
Early-mid 2008

Price:
$19.99

For more details on the game (like character info, concept sketches, and other goodies),  please mosey over to the Wadjet Eye Games website.

Dualnames

Great. Still looking cool and awesome Dave...
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

ManicMatt

I wish I could somehow easily sell these games in my shop, GameWorld; I reckon people would buy them!

The Hero

Dave great game great seairs so far but i most say i am not exactly feeling the new roseangela to be frank shes awful
I will wait for you in heaven

Domino

Looks outstanding, as usual.  :)

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

I wish you all the best with this, your third commercial blackwell game!  Think about it, Dave: you've now produced a trilogy!

joelphilippage

I'm exited about the new game. I don't think the new Roseangela is that bad. True her voice is a bit deeper but I think this is as close as you could get. Looking forward to playing it.

Dave Gilbert

The change in voiceover actresses was unavoidable, alas.  The original actress (Sande Chen) is way too busy nowadays to commit to doing the voiceovers for this, in addition to living too far away. Rebecca is in for the duration, and as a bonus she's worked with Abe before.

The Hero

Cant be helpd I guess great game though

vertigoaddict

I don't think Rebbeca's that bad, definately not awful, I think you're just bothered because it's not The original voice actress.

I'm looking foward to this game (even though I still haven't played the previous games).

Gregjazz

I'm really looking to this!!

The Hero

Changing actors in a game is never really that great of a idea in Dave's case though he had no choice Rebbecca will century take some getting used to Dave I'm a actor I can help with voice directions if you like?

Ghost

Luck on you, Dave. That looks fantastic!

Nikolas

Quote from: ManicMatt on Tue 18/12/2007 23:56:36
I wish I could somehow easily sell these games in my shop, GameWorld; I reckon people would buy them!
Maybe discuss with Dave a bit? get a few copies and see how it goes? something to that end?

Dave, really cool! God luck with this and let us know when we can preorder and stuff! :D

Vince Twelve

Gorgeous as usual, Dave.  Congrats!  Where do I get in line?

Supersheep

This looks fantastic. Can't wait for the game!  :=

Cino

I actually found the original Rosangella's voice a bit annoying and this might even be better.
Anyway, can't wait for the game. I'm more than willing to buy this one as well.

Layabout

Yay! Looking forward to this.
I am Jean-Pierre.

GarageGothic

Really looking forward to this one. It's a shame that Sande wasn't available, and I must say that I prefer the previous cover illustrations - this one seems to lack some of Dan Lee's unique "painterly" style. But the plot sounds absolutely intriguing (haunted movie? welcome to the club :)) and the screens are gorgeous. When I first saw the character sketches in the unlockables for Unbound, I thought the guy in the tie was supposed to be the ghost of Joseph Mitchell, but it seems to be a new character, which only makes things more interesting...

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

QuoteIt's a shame that Sande wasn't available

Arr. In times, the voice-acting wasn't much, but Sande's voice really defined Rosa.

Still, out with the old, in with the new, I guess. If Dave picked this new Rosa, then it's because she sounds more like Rosa.
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk