Anim Comp (end on 15 jan.) - The sword in the stone

Started by Ilmion, Thu 27/12/2007 14:57:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Ilmion

Rules:

A sprite is supplied, with a theme.
Participants must use the given sprite for their animation.
Each competition will last 11 days (-ish)
The starter of each competition will decide on the winner.
The winner, who will decide on the next competition's theme, must also supply a sprite.

Theme
The classic Excalibur sword in the stone. Will someone be able to remove it ? Will someone stick it there ?.

Good luck!

Ilmion

It saddens me that my third post is the finding of my failure. :(
My failure to make a base sprite that would have inspired the animator in you. :o
I must take the fault on my self for not to be an excellent "artist", but in no way does I take personally the lack of involvement.  ;)
Maybe the holiday could be for some thing in that.

However, as I do not want to bring the responsibility for the disappearance of this thread on my frail shoulders of 3 posts ...
I call on to others animators who do not want to see this competition disappear, to express their desires.

I don't want this post to be a dramatic one too, since I've look into competition for only 4 months (I know I registered in December, but I've been on AGS for almost 1 year), maybe it's a current thing for competition in general to evolve.

FYI : Why only 3 post ? I must say that I'm more a great reader of this forum (I login a least once every day), but I try to maintain, my post on subjects I really think I can bring something.

SinSin

Dont take it badly mister ilmion animating takes time and because of the recent holidays some of the animators will be busy entertaining (plus the return to work = major factor  ) the sprite itself is fine tho. I had a few ideas,   but as i have been busy lately fixing things such as hard drives and then getting the bluescreen of death, it has been impossible for me to enter since my computer has had to be restarted from scratch.
(this is really annoying as Mike Lechey has suffered a major setback)
I hope the competition does heat up a bit but until then maybe an extension is in order. as there are many things that can be done here.
Currently working on a project!

Ilmion

Good idea ! I should have think of that before going melodramatic  :P

So, let extend this competition until the 15.

Seleceus

Quote from: Ilmion on Tue 08/01/2008 14:12:49
Good idea ! I should have think of that before going melodramatic  :P

So, let extend this competition until the 15.
Geeezzz, and I always work better under an impending deadline...

Insert cliche here  ->         <-

DrewCCU

i'm not actually competing but i wanted to make a quick suggestion.  If you are going to extend the deadline then you may want to edit the date on the topic subject.
"So much of what we do is ephemeral and quickly forgotten, even by ourselves, so it's gratifying to have something you have done linger in people's memories."
-John Williams

stajp

Sheep chef.

I'm terrible at drawing so sheep is from the game Wormux, taken in SVG form from http://yeknan.free.fr/blog/index.php?2006/03/22/74-galerie-svg - tnx to yeKcim for giving it under CC licence.

Made in Inkscape, so sword and stone are somewhat better drawn due to smoothing while converting bitmap into vector (I hope it's OK). Images converted to animated gif by unFreez, then edited in Gimp.

vertigoaddict

I wanted to enter this compettition much earlier (during the holidays) I've actually completed the sequences (is that the right word to use?) but when my pc got re-formatted I lost my Adobe imageready, and I don't seem to have any other programs that can help me make GIF animated images. I'll look for an installation CD or something and try to enter.

I'll edit this post, when I've got it.

monkey0506

@vertigoaddict: It's not the most intuitive or user-friendly software, but Microsoft GIF Animator is a free software you can download to make animated GIFs. I've used it before and it actually works quite nicely, though it might take a few minutes to figure out. := (One thing to note is that you can't use it for editing the frames. You simply import the frames from external files)

yarooze

2 vertigoaddict. 

Look here:
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=32234.0

I'm using Graphics Gale, but I bought it, cause the free version can't save animated gifs (but still can make them).

You cam also use the Movie Maker from your XP (if you have XP and do not want to install anything) and save the animation on youtube. We'll look it there...  ;)
My Blog

vertigoaddict

Thanks monkey, yarooze.

I tried the Microsoft GIF animator and boy when they say GIF, they mean (only) GIF! (which messes around with the quality, thanks but, I'll look around first).

youtube huh? interesting...

EDIT: I have my media studies exam on the 16th, I don't think I can do it after all, Oh well. Thanks anyways, maybe next time?

Ilmion

Now, this competition have lasted long enough.

I find the two inscriptions very original, "bravo" the two of you, you surprised me.

I declare stajp the winner, because I very much like the fact that he integrated it to a larger context and because I like fresh tomatoes ;)

stajp

Great.  Lost 3 hours to even get a good idea for the next competition, it was easier to animate this than to make a new sprite! :)

BTW Seleceus' sprite was great, didn't expect that end. Hopefully you like food more than drinks! :)

Seleceus

Thank you.  I just draw what I see...

Quote from: stajp on Tue 15/01/2008 22:26:15Hopefully you like food more than drinks! :)

Unfortunately (?), I do!  And I have the spare tire to prove it.
Insert cliche here  ->         <-

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk