attempt to draw a library

Started by Mouth for war, Sun 30/12/2007 18:11:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Mouth for war

Yep I'm trying to draw a library for my game and this is the first screen for it...i think it looks ok but there are always things you can do to improve. I'm not sure about the perspective...anyway if you have anything to say about it let me know. I will of course fill the shelves with books etc. Thanks.
mass genocide is the most exhausting activity one can engage in, next to soccer

Galen

Wow, that's pretty nice. However the Bonzai tree's trunk looks a little off and the larger bookcase to the left could do with a partner IMO.

Mouth for war

I never looked at it as i bonzai hehe i just wanted to put a plant there but yeah the trunk looks a little thick maybe...about another bookcase...a partner... then you must mean that i should put an exact copy of that one beside it or..?
mass genocide is the most exhausting activity one can engage in, next to soccer

Galen

Yeah, something like that. To me it just looks too empty.
But perhaps leaving a bit of open wall just to stop it looking cluttered.

Renal Shutdown

Personally, I'd stick a noticeboard between the bookcase and the door.  Having books that close to the exit would result in easy knowledge pilfering, and thieves don't need any more education.

The plant, and the globe for that matter look odd, as they're of a different style to the rest of the clean lines used.  This will probably change once more detail goes in (assuming you intend more detail, it's a little sparse at the moment).

The shading around the skirting boards looks off, too.  I'd suggest picking a light source (or several), and adding shadows for the whole room to suit.

The brown object, desk perhaps, in the bottom right has some line wierdness on the go.

The bookshelves on the left are more cartoon-like than the rest of the image (perspectively, etc).

I've no comment as per the ceiling.
"Don't get defensive, since you have nothing with which to defend yourself." - DaveGilbert

Medical Waste

Yeah the plant looks weird not having an outline like everything else.
Next time you are unsure of perspective it's probably best to post it before you've added such detail!
THE PATIENTS ARE REVOLTING

monkey0506

When I first saw this title I wasn't sure what to expect, but as soon as I saw it I said to myself, "Yes, that is definitely a library." I don't to go into a lot of detail ATM, but I must say this is an excellent start. ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk