Mockup Blitz: Extreme jobs (14 Feb - 27 Feb)

Started by CodeJunkie, Thu 14/02/2008 01:39:48

Previous topic - Next topic

CodeJunkie

In case you've been stuck in a time warp the past few months:

"Your objective is to create an adventure game mockup. This means that you must create a scene exactly as it would look as if you were playing a game. You must design the interface, the main character (if 3rd person view) or any other characters, and the background."

This 2-week we shall say NO to bland jobless characters.  Your task is:

Imagine the player has an extremely interesting, difficult or plain wacky job.  Draw a location they're likely to visit.

Some examples:

• A black-market dealer collecting and selling goods, set in a dark alley or a subway or an obsolete part of the sewers.
  • A SCUBA diver searching for treasure, wrecks or fossils.
  • Some supernatural being overlooking Earth or abusing their power for their own amusement.

Use this opportunity to draw locations you wouldn't usually think of drawing, and be innovative!  Don't forget to draw characters and a GUI!

No limit on resolution and colours.  Entries by 27 February at midnight (GMT).

Have fun!

nihilyst

Hm. That really wasn't my topic.

I wouldn't have something against a normal round of BB next time, though.

ildu

Yeah, I'm tempted to enter in the hopes of winning and bringing BB back myself, too. It's not a bad topic, though. I might actually try something.

Traveler

It'd be nice to see the old BB competition back. I don't have much time, but I'd probably enter, too. These mockup blitzes are not my cup of tea, though. (Nothing against the topic.)

Akatosh

It's late, lame and contains recycled stuff, but hey, at least it's something.

You play as Dr. Adam y Mota, the head of the Liberal Social Democrats (LSD, in case the obvious pun eluded you) of Revenga and you're trying to get El Presidente to fulfill some promises he made.

Which would be not very dangerous... if we weren't talking about El Presidente here. But since we are, it's nothing short of suicidical.

CodeJunkie

Perhaps I should've made this a BB instead...well I guess Akatosh is the winner!  Feel free to start another (hopefully more successful :P) thread!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk