Bye-bye Intarweb :( (For two weeks) (Guess who's back!)

Started by monkey0506, Thu 03/04/2008 23:01:34

Previous topic - Next topic

monkey0506

Well it finally happened. It's been coming for years now. Some of you may recall me mentioning moving out of my parents' home. This is it.

However, not quite as anticipated. Actually, I knew it would happen. I just hoped it wouldn't. After he hit me I knew it was only a matter of time before my stepfather attacked my mother. Turns out he did back in October when she had her gallbladder surgery. So on Easter (23 March 2008) when the fight started to peak on the verge of becoming physical once more, my mom said enough was enough. We ran.

I've now moved in with my friends as I had been planning to, however for various reasons I no longer have internet access...not really. I now live 5 miles from the mall (as opposed to previously living about 50 miles away) where I can use the computers at Circuit City...but there's no guarantee how much or how often I'd really be allowed to use their computers.

So for now I have to say goodbye. I'll be around when I can, and perhaps soon we can get internet at our apartment...but until then, this is monkey, signing out.

Domino

Sad to see you go monkey, but it looks like there are more important things in your life that have to be worked out first.

Good Luck and come back soon.  Also, hope everything works out with your mom. There is no reason for any Domestic Violence like that.

Domino

ThreeOhFour

I agree with Domino.

Good luck, and come back soon :).

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Good luck with everything.

Sylvr

:o!! Monkey! I'm really sad to hear about this! I was just going to send you a pm asking about stuff, and here it is! I'm sorry it's had to happen like this, but at least it seems like a step in a better direction? I hope this gets sorted out really soon :\

I hope to see you around soon :)
| Ben304: "Peeing is a beautiful thing, Sylvr" |

OneDollar

Sorry to hear about that, I hope everything works out alright for you.

Buckethead

owh my how awfull. Best of luck to you, I hope things work out.

Fleshstalker

You need to kick your step father's ass.

auriond

:( SSH had just made a blog post about you... and now you're leaving, and under such sad circumstances too! All the best to you and I hope everything turns out right for you.

Ghost

You will be missed, but I'm sure we meet again, sir!

Sylvr

:( and it's your birthday today too. Happy Birthday...

Mr Flibble

Crikey, had to emerge from my hidey hole for this one.

Good luck Mike.
Ah! There is no emoticon for what I'm feeling!

Stupot

Grim circumstances mate.
Hope it all works out.
And hope to see you round here again pretty soon.

monkey0506

Yes it certainly put a hamper on a lot of things. But good news! I've been keeping all my files for the last year on the secondary hard drive, so when I went back for more of my things, I snatched that too! :=

We'll be all right. As for my stepfather...he's going to alcohol rehab...but it's not enough. Even if my parents get back together I won't move back in with them...and it would take a lot to even get me to visit that man.

Thank you all for your condolences and birthday well-wishes...I'm no longer a teenager (the big two-oh today), so it probably is high time I got out of my parents home anyway. ;)

voh

Congrats on the b-day and getting out of a shitty situation. I wish your mom all the strength she needs to not go back to an abusive relationship.

On the same note, I wish you all the best, dude. Your life starts here :)
Still here.

SinSin

Shocking  :o   
Am sure things will work for the best for ya
Chow for now Monkey boy
Quote from: Mr Flibble on Fri 04/04/2008 16:08:51
Crikey, had to emerge from my hidey hole for this one.

Mee too
Currently working on a project!

monkey0506

Heh! It seems we got Internet at our apartment a little sooner than anticipated, that being we got it today as opposed to the previously discussed two-to-three months from now, and my roommate has agreed to let me use her computer for my personal endeavours (GAME DEVELOPMENT!).

So perhaps I was being a bit overdramatic, but I just wanted to let anyone who cared (specifically those who have been bugging me to get off my bum and release those modules I keep talking about! :=) what was going on in my life that was apparently going to inhibit my computer usage...for apparently a few weeks. All my files are stored on a SATA hard-drive in my room that I can't connect to my roommate's computer, so I'll have to start from scratch...depending what I can or can't find online.

Guess that will teach me to only keep one major backup of my files haha!

Ryan Timothy B

Nothing can kill the Monkey!  Well some monkeys, but not a monkey jacked up on AGS drugs!! :P 
I don't know you too well, but Welcome Back.

Sylvr

voh

Concerning your SATA HDD, how about an external enclosure for it? They don't cost all that much and you'll be able to use your HDD on any USB-using computer. Though probably not too comfortably without USB 2.0, but you'd be able to get to your data.

Also, welcome back :)
Still here.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk