Resonance

Started by Vince Twelve, Fri 04/04/2008 13:12:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Vince Twelve

xii games presents

[/center]

A particle physicist's mysterious and spectacular death sparks a race to find his hidden vault and claim his terrifying new discovery. The player will take control of four characters whose lives become entangled in the search for the scientist's vault. They will have to learn to trust each other and work together to overcome the obstacles in their way and to keep this new and powerful technology out of the hands of a dangerous organization.

Screenshots: (click for full size)

Features:

• Four playable swappable characters
  • A twisting, riveting storyline
  • Unique long-term and short-term memory systems
  • Cheat death by rewinding time
  • A unique and intuitive interface
  • All the love and care you've come to expect from an independent adventure developer

Team members:

• Janet Gilbert - Programming
  • Shane Stevens - Characters and animation
  • Nauris Krause - Backgrounds
  • Nikolas Sideris - Music and Sound
  • Vince Twelve - Design, programming, story, writing

Cost:

$9.99

Release:

June 19th on WadjetEyeGames.com, GoG.com, and Steam

And more!

Compared to Linus Bruckman, which I kept totally secret right up to release, I'm being very forthcoming with information about this game and its development. (I'm remaining tight-lipped on the story and puzzles though.) So, if you're interested in following the game's production, keep checking in at the xii games blog for more production diaries and information.  And don't be stingy with the comments!

Thanks to my shoe-string budget, all the members of the team deserve some extra payment in the form of recognition for their hard work.  So if you see something you like, be sure to let us know!  I hope you like what you see!

Follow development

On Facebook
On Twitter

nihilyst

Wow. That's just ... incredible. Luckily it's not the 1st of April :)
I wish you good luck with the production of this game.

EDIT: And after reading your developer's diary, I have to say: You have had some really creative ideas, that add a lot to the adventure genre. Good work!

Ubel

WOAH! :o

Yeah, that's all I'm gonna say for now...

Buckethead

Darcness

*Speechless for a moment*

Holy $%@*!!!

The concept is great, and the art...MAN!

I'm definitely gonna check this one out.

Nicely done!

Free the Floopians, Our first commercial indie game.

Peder 🚀

Ive allready seen this on your website but dont think I left any comments..

Anyway, this game looks brilliant!
And you seem to have snatched up the perfect team!
I am really looking forward to this game and damn! I just watched that movie and it looks amazing :D.
I love the way the interface works!

Will this be a "download" only game? or will it be sold on CD to?

*Bookmarks the blog*

Wish you good luck and looking forward to read more about it while production progress!

Peder Johnsen.

ThreeOhFour

I've been keeping an eye out on this one over on your blog, and it is easily the AGS game that has me the most excited.

Artwork that is incredible (both background and character art is jaw droppingly stylish), a concept that is great, and a soundtrack that we all know is going to be superb. Just looking at the screenshots and reading your ideas about the game's style makes me feel that this is more than just some adventure game to play and forget about.

After Linus and Anna, I have complete confidence in the quality of the story and the puzzles. The "team" of characters that has to work together and the memory based inventory system - who can not be hopeful of an interesting and enjoyable gameplay experience after hearing this?

Whilst I've seen all these screenshots before, the new video is great. You have an object label thing that fades in and out! Fantastic! The inventory looks ridiculously good, flashing lights, shiny panels... it's fantastic. The drag and drop inventory has me... interested. I'm sure it is an intuitive process, so good stuff :).

The animation is smooth and very cool - we all know ProgZ is the master anyway ;) - and the background graphics are superb. My favourite is still the laboratory background, of course, with it's ridiculously atmospheric design, but this one is gorgeous as well - reminiscent of a Deus Ex style setting, except with a bit more character. There is a train animating in the background!? HELL YES!

The way you drag the door up to the STM - YES. That's perfect!

Wow. If I sound like a drooling fanboy, then yes, that is what I am. I was a little disappointed we didn't get to hear music during the video, but I am confident Nikolas will give us a soundtrack that will take our breaths away.

This may be the longest, most disgustingly drool filled post I've ever written. I honestly do not care. I love the graphics, the ideas, everything. I will buy this game. My only question is - will you have special editions of the game (leading on from Peder's question about the cd version)? I'd feel like less of a fanboy if I didn't purchase a soundtrack cd, etc ;).

EDIT: Oh, and Cellfish Networks = ;D

(hope there's a bit more of this sort of humour through the game :))

Snake

I don't even know what to say, Vince...

This game looks so beatiful and the interface is genius - I love it and am looking forward to it... very much.

Thanks for the video and the insight on the STM - it's just amazing.

*snake continues being speechless*

--Snake
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

auriond

That... looks... SPECTACULAR. I'm adding this instantly to my watched threads. Go Vince go!

Fleshstalker

:o That looks amazing!

Darth Mandarb

I usually try to not comment on games in production ...

But wow!  I just have to say wow.  This is top-notch stuff guys.  REALLY excellent work!

miguel

this game takes AGS to a professional level.
fantastic stuff!
Working on a RON game!!!!!

Play_Pretend

I can always tell when a game *really* impresses me because I make a noise like "Gng!" in my head.  TRULY fantastic looking stuff. :)

Minimi

I'm just simply amazed by this game! I would easily lay down around $20 for a game like this, if it is going to be as I've seen so far!

Also inspires it me to take adventure games to the next level, as you have done with your great GUI ideas! STM, LTM, just genious!

Good luck with the game and to the whole team!

MashPotato

Wow, looks great, and that demonstration of the STM feature really piqued my interest :D
Good luck with production! :)

Vince Twelve

Thanks everybody for the awesome comments!  I'm sure it'll help keep everyone on the team pumped too!

To answer Peder and Ben, I can't say anything for certain about the distribution methods of the game, but I definitely would want to sell both a download version and a physical CD version, even if it's only a limited-edition kind of deal.  You'll have to ask me again when the release gets (much) closer!

And Ben, sorry I didn't release more of Nik's great music in that video!  If I do another one, I promise to show off more of the soundtrack!

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

I MADE that interface with love and 8000 revisions.  Also, Vince is a slave driver.

Also, Vince has done some extremely creative things with the dialog system.  You will like it.

P.S.  Send me money.

JuuJuu

Another game to add to my "must-play-when-finished" list. This actually made my jaw DROP! I can't wait!!

Vince Twelve

Quote from: ProgZmax on Sat 05/04/2008 01:28:21
I MADE that interface with love and 8000 revisions.  Also, Vince is a slave driver.

Also, Vince has done some extremely creative things with the dialog system.  You will like it.

Who let you out of the dungeon?  Whp-ish!

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

QuoteThe animation is smooth and very cool - we all know ProgZ is the master anyway

I just noticed this line but it is by far my favorite in the entire thread.  I am love you. 

And Vince, save the foreplay for later  :-*

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk