- Split Fighters - a fighting game

Started by Pierrec, Sun 15/04/2012 18:58:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Pierrec

I've already made some small games on AGS and this time I wanted to do something different and challenging. I thought : "What would be unusual for an AGS game ?" My answer was : A fighting game!
So here's :

Split Fighters! (the title may change)

The Story : Severine (the girl from my previous game Never Alone Hotline) has split with her boyfriend Antoine. Nobody understand this decision, nor her friends, nor her family. She'll have to confront all of them one by one, to convince them she's not the cold b**** they thinks she are or...to kick their a**. 

Yeah...Doesn't look like a Fighting game scenario...and that's because I lied : Split Fighters isn't exactly a fighting game, but a story game with a fighting system (which I'm quite proud) and a Street Fighters look.

Some screenshots:

As you can observe, I'm not very good at graphics but it won't stop me ^^

Development Progress:

[EDIT]
Story: 100%
Scripting: 90%
Graphics: 90%
Sound/Music:90%

Expected completion date: End of June 2012

Well, that's all for the moment :)

Darth Mandarb

The second screenshot appears more of a title/menu screen so please add another "in game" screenshot please (as per the rules). Thanks!

The game/concept sounds lighthearted and silly... I think it sounds interesting.

Pierrec

Snake

This looks and sounds very interesting! I love how you said it's not a fighting game, but a story game with a fighting system. I'm looking looking forward to seeing this released :)
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

kaputtnik

Ain't no better way to show people you're not a cold bi*** than whooping their 2D derrières! Good luck with this!
I, object.

Pierrec

The game is almost finished!
I sent the early version to beta-testers, and I hope I will release it in the end of the month.
I'm quite proud of it, it's the most gamish game I've ever done. But it's quite weird ^^

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk