I'm pleased to announce that AGS 3.0.1 is now available for your downloading pleasure.
This version is a minor update, but includes several fixes and changes to improve the stability and usability of AGS 3.
Assuming no serious problems are found in the next few days, I'll make it official on the website.
Changes since AGS 3.0:
* Added zooming and mask transparency to the room areas editor
* Added ability to drag and drop sprites to other sprite folders, like in 2.72
* Added ability to drag and drop views between view folders
* Added ability to delete views and view folders
* Added "Go To Definition" right-click option in script editor, and fixed cut/copy/paste context menu options not always being enabled correctly
* Added Create Voice Acting Script option, to generate a file containing all voice speech lines for each character
* Added draggable baseline to the Walk-behinds Editor to make it more user friendly
* Added "New sprite using last sprite" and "Replace sprite using last sprite" options to sprite manager, to allow you to quickly grab multiple frames off a single source image
* Added "Sort sprites by number" option to sprite manager
* Added "Sort by number" option to room list
* Added File.Exists, File.Delete, String.IsNullOrEmpty, DrawingSurface.GetPixel, DrawingSurface.DrawStringWrapped, Game.InSkippableCutscene, Game.SkippingCutscene, System.NumLock, System.CapsLock, System.ScrollLock commands.
* Added back Match Brace feature in script editor
* Added new room template dialog for creating new rooms.
* Added back Ctrl+G/Ctrl+H as shortcuts to get to the global script and script header
* Added PaletteLockedToRoom property on sprites to allow you to easily remember if the sprite was imported against a specific room (8-bit only)
* ListBox.FillDirList now supports $SAVEGAMEDIR$
* Changed the Ctrl+X debug option in-game to make it more user friendly
* View Preview now scales down large sprites to fit inside the preview window
* Removed limit on number of phenomes per file with PAM voice speech
* Increased max script modules to 50
* Double-clicking a room object now opens the sprite selector
* Editor will now remember the file path that you import fonts from, and display it as a property on the font
* When adding a new frame to a view, the editor is now more intelligent about the default sprite that it chooses for the new frame
* Attempting to display messages with extended characters in SCI font will now render those characters as a ? rather than aborting the game.
* Editor now prevents you from deleting sprite folder if sprites in it are still in use
* Editor plugin API: Added new OpenEditorForScript, ShowHelpFile, GetSpriteImage and DrawSprite methods; added RoomController and SourceControl operations; added Views property to Game object
* Added AGSE_PRERENDER plugin event to allow characters/objects to be modified just before they are rendered
* When you double-click a script error message or use the drop-down function list, the script editor now does a better job of highlighting the relevant line.
* Increased size of function list drop-down in script editor
* Improved pathfinder dealing with narrow winding walkable areas
* Added right-click Flip option and shortcut key 'F' to flip frames in view editor
* Added preferences option to set the default directory where new games are created
* Assign To View window now remembers the last view number used
* Editor now prompts you to save the current game before loading a different one
* Editor now remembers the position of the main two splitters when you quit
* Made some improvements to reduce music stuttering in some complex rooms
* New engine command line parameter -noexceptionhandler to disable the AGS exception handler (for plugin developers)
* Object properties now show "BaselineOverridden" as a separate setting to clarify the baseline behaviour
* Improved the way some editor dialogs look when run with Large Fonts (> 96 DPI)
* Removed left/right loops compile warning, and instead a single frame in the left/right loops is automatically created
* Harmonised speed of fade-in/fade-out between D3D and DX5 drivers
* Fixed FadeIn not showing characters/objects if you changed the game state since FadeOut
* Fixed Quick Import Multiple Sprites not remembering the import directory
* Fixed intermittent crash if a view preview was active when you saved the game
* Fixed speech colour being random if you used SierraWithBackground speech without a custom text window GUI
* Fixed plugin API screen drawing events, and implemented support for them with D3D driver
* Fixed intermittent crash starting engine with debugging enabled
* Fixed built-in save/load/quit dialogs having transparent borders in 8-bit games
* Fixed mouse wiping away dialog options background in 8-bit games
* Fixed some issues importing 8-bit sprites locked to a room background
* Fixed FadeIn not dealing with letterbox borders correctly if SetFadeColour had been used
* Fixed room editing pane being closed when you built the game after editing the room script
* Fixed ChangeRoom moving the character before fading out with some transitions and the D3D driver
* Fixed crash importing characters with Run Next Loop flag set on a view; and fixed invalid character export files being generated for characters with Run Next Loop flag set.
* Fixed engine crash on startup with D3D driver on some graphics cards in 16-bit games
* Fixed GetViewportX/Y not working properly in room Before Fadein event
* Fixed compile error with custom icons that have all 13 Vista icon formats
* Fixed IsKeyPressed not working properly with A-Z keys on non-qwerty keyboards
* Fixed script editor not to do a matching bracket check when you close a bracket inside a comment or string
* Fixed bug in editor when replacing a room background with one of the same size but with the game now running at a different resolution
* Fixed Object.Animate not working with RepeatStyle=2
* Fixed crash loading game into editor if a translation file contained a duplicate line
* Fixed editor crash if you had an misplaced square bracket near the end of a script header
* Fixed room background import to ignore source image DPI
* Fixed GUI import/export if one of the GUI controls had an extended character in its text
* Fixed RunAGSGame using wrong current directory when under debugger
* Fixed multi-loop speech animations crashing if a blinking view was used
* Fixed spurious "Unable to display speech" error if a character had just been animating before displaying speech.
* Fixed "downgrade 32-bit to 16-bit" checkbox in Setup not working
* Fixed voice lip sync falling behind if a very low game speed was used
* Fixed voice lip sync looking in game folder rather than Speech folder for PAM files; and fixed compile error if PAM files had the [Preferences] section
* Fixed GUIs getting an erroneous alpha channel if the BackgroundImage was set to -1.
* Fixed animated GIFs not importing correctly if they used incremental frames.
* Fixed black areas of 8-bit backgrounds turning blue (you will need to re-import any affected backgrounds)
* Fixed erroneous error message importing an image into an 8-bit game if it was smaller than the screen size.
* Fixed error attempting to directly restore a saved game from explorer if the screen transition was Crossfade or Dissolve
* Fixed function calltips not working if you put a space between the function name and the opening bracket
* Fixed crash which could occur if a character was in the middle of an animation loop when a Say command was run
* Fixed legacy global messages not getting included in Auto Number Speech Lines numbering
* Fixed exported script modules giving error when importing into 2.72
* Fixed crash importing a game from 2.72 if there was a room with an almost valid file name (eg. "room06.crm")
To get it, go to the Download Page