Coolest game intros ever!

Started by InCreator, Wed 23/04/2008 02:30:13

Previous topic - Next topic

InCreator

Well, I've always liked those little movies before games. What's your most favourite ones?

Best ones I always watch (always!) and never skip are

Battlefield 2 intro
(This orchestral hit at beginning and end gives me shivers and pumps up for game!)

Knights of Honor
This one got some awards. I clearly see why.
Best. Thing. Ever. 300W subwoofer helps the experience and gives neighbors their share, too ;D

There's some more I can't recall right now.
What's yours?

Domino

Spoiler
In BIOSHOCK when the plane falls into the ocean and then when you resurface you are surrounded by debris and a plane that is slowly sinking into the ocean and you can see the giant tower that leads to RAPTURE!!
[close]

Klyptomaniac

When Master Chief awakens in Halo. It wasn't a big deal then, but now it's practicaly legend!

Domino

Watch the intro to Dead Rising..that was really cool.

Just wait at the start screen for a couple of minutes and it will play. It was creepy.

BOYD1981

some old games have great intros, like Fury of the Furries, Syndicate, Flashback, and the original pc version of Worms. and then you had great intro songs like in Sensible Soccer and Cannon Fodder.
i couldn't really name a game i've played recently with an intro i've paid much attention to.

Limey Lizard, Waste Wizard!
01101101011000010110010001100101001000000111100101101111011101010010000001101100011011110110111101101011

rharpe

I've always loved the intro to DOTT.
"Hail to the king, baby!"

Eigen

Fee

Must agree with DOTT, excellent classic intro :D

I used to like the Privateer intro, and the line "besides, im on a budget" *BOOM*

I also use to like the Ultima 8, Pagan intro, as short as it is.

My favorite classic intro tho has to be Dune.
Not the Floppy version, the re-release on CD-Rom.

And of course, we cant forget Zero Wing.
Well, the intro is relitivly boring, but the classic "All your bases are belong to us" line comes from there :D

Radiant

jetxl

Oliwerko

Tuomas

Well I liked the Zak MacKracken intro. But as the best of them, I must say the intro from The Settlers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4aiDHU3mcs

Emerald

Quote from: Klyptomaniac on Wed 23/04/2008 02:40:45
When Master Chief awakens in Halo. It wasn't a big deal then, but now it's practicaly legend!

Gah, I knew someone would say that...

Also, Zero Wing is hilarious. Nobody could ever make a game like that successfully...

I always loved The Dig's intro (especially if you include the asteroid scene as part of it)
Also, the Fahrenheit intro is awe-inspiring. Watch it!

R4L

Breakdown for the Xbox. Just find a video on youtube. :)

veryweirdguy

GUYS. Grim Fandango?

ALSO: not really the same as it has no cut-scenes or movies or the like, but the first 10 mins or so of Half Life 2 are good. Especially when you get out of the station and into the town squarey type bit. Epic.

Lionmonkey

I somehow like The Civilization (yep, the once the bestest game ever game).

Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance intro is awesome.

Also, in case it counts, the first fight in Beyond Good and Evil is nice in the middle, when the game goes into slow-mo simultaneously with the music changing.

Darth Mandarb

Gotta agree with Radiant about Loom.

However it's not my favorite "best" intro...

That distinction (for me) goes to Wing Commander II.  When the Kilrathi gets up and WALKS over and they the SPEAK to each-other.  It was the first time I'd seen full motion and speech together and it was just mind-blowing!  I will never forget the feeling when I first saw that.  We used to just stop the game, and reload so we could watch that over and over.  Of course, now-a-days that's nothing ... but back then it was incredible!

As for a more modern game ... yeah, I'd agree with veryweirdguy that Half Life 2's intro is great! (though only the first time I played it 'cause you can't skip it and it's annoying past then) Talk about a great intro that pulls you into the game!  Total immersion!

Interesting to see the wide gambit of differing opinions here!

Fleshstalker

The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay. Just fantastic!  :o

Lamak

Definitely Apidya and Turrican II !!!

These intros may be a little cheesy, outdated, but Chris Huelsbeck's music are unforgettable.

Klyptomaniac

I'd like to change my answer: the intro to Shadow of the Collosus. I just started playing it again and I absolutely love that game!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk