The Larrywilco Original version

Started by Timosity, Wed 15/01/2003 16:07:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Timosity

For a limited time, I have released the original version of Larrywilco: Paradise Lost
It is the same game but has different backgrounds and the original alternate ending.

There are a few different dialogs and characters

The backgrounds are taken from

MI games
LSL games
SQ games
and QFG games

I based my own backgrounds from these as a guide.

I wont put a link to it in the AGS site but you can download it from here, Just scroll down, the link is near the bottom, you can't miss it.

http://members.lycos.co.uk/timosity/

cheers hope you like.

btw it's only 2MB and it also goes into part 3 which doesn't exist in the proper version. Although there is nothing much to do , but there are 4 screens in it.

Gilbert

Quote from: Timosity on Wed 15/01/2003 16:07:53It's a web.1000 site so some people might not be able to d/l but I'll put up a mirror if anyone wants one.

Yes pleeease...

Timosity

Is anyone interested in downloading this, cause I don't want to leave it up much longer.

Tell me if you have d/l it, or if you d/l it just leave a message

Thanks

Duzz

yeah, i d/l'd it, I actually prefered this version, probably cause i dont like that 3d art stuff as much.  and it was easier to find some of the stuff as well, but that's probably cause i already knew where to look =)
Powerhoof - My new indie games company! | Wintermute Studios - My older AGS games: The Historical League of Bouncy Boxing, Grr! Bearly Sane,  Duzz Quest...

volmel

Tim, the game crashed at this point:

SPOILER:

Spoiler
when on the ship I try to go below deck
[close]

I get the following message:

"An error has occured.  Please contact the game author for support, as this problem is caused by the game rather than the interpreter.  (ACI Version 2.40. 325)

(Room 22, script 136).  Error.  Move Character:  Character not in current room.

I'm really enjoying this game, though.

Timosity

That's odd, I just tried it and that didn't happen for me.

Do you have a saved game before that point?

Does it happen each time you do it?

I originally uploaded the wrong version, but realised pretty soon,(within an hour) on the 16th of Jan, so it is possible it was downloaded in that time, but I don't think that version had that problem either.

if you have a save game before that point, get up to just before it and tell me what you have in your inventory.

I'm assuming you're talking about the Original version not the actual proper release version.

Also do you remeber if you downloaded it from the web1000.com site, or the lycos.co.uk site

volmel

That is odd.  I tried it 4 times and it crashed each time.  I click on the area to go below deck, it changes to the below deck screen and it says "Prepare to die".  Then, "No, my hair color is fine the way it is", then it crashes.  I have the knife, the money ($52.00) and the ID card in my inventory.

I'm sorry, but I don't remember which one I downloaded it from.

It is the original (this thread version) that I'm playing.

Edited to add that I downloaded it from the Lycos site.

Timosity

I know exactly what the problem is now.

I set up some hotspots on the main deck to turn on and off specific global ints when I was testing certain things in the game. You don't get any message when you click on these spots so you won't know you actually did it.

I can tell you the hotspots approximately so you know where not to use the hand.

The only one that causes a problem in the game crashing is the canon, I don't think I set anything to turn this off either. The only bit of the canon you can click on without a problem is the very end of the nozzle where you get the id card.

I just forgot to take these out of the game, They're not in the proper release, I remebered to take them out there. I may upload an updated version, but I don't know if i could be bothered yet.

It is pretty silly though, cause most people will probably use the hand on the canon.

sorry for the problem, If anyone else has the same problem, restore a game before this point and don't click on the canon.

The other hotspots are the stairs on the deck, switches on the chicks dancing in the club, and the mast switches on the guys in the club. I think anyway, I think clicking other places might turn them off, I can't remeber, but it doesn't effect the game too much.

volmel

So how DO I get below deck if I can't click on the stairs?  Thanks.

Timosity

If you click the stairs to the lowerdeck, it just takes you there, the other stairs on the left and right are the ones that cause the chicks in the bar to be there.(that's only if you click the hand on them) sorry to confuse you.

Neole

I'm stuck.. I can just walk arond plus I got a knife. I cant get the elevators.

Matt Brown

yo
Spoiler
checl out the area by the fishman...you might step on something. plus..check out what  you can use that cutting action on your knife on....like..I dunno..I vine prehaps?
[close]
word up

Timosity

I've taken the original version offline now,

My web1000.com site has been suspended for some reason aswell, I haven't been notified by them either, so I've now gotta find some new free webspace.

but you can still download the proper version here
http://members.lycos.co.uk/timosity/

or here
http://www.agsforums.com/games.php?category=6&action=download&game=123&mirror=1

which is the mirror d/l on the medium length games page

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk