AGS Yahtzee v2.0 *Bottom score and more*

Started by Shade, Fri 25/04/2008 12:13:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Shade

AGS Yahtzee

well what can i say? it's not an adventure but it's the good old yahtzee with some additions!  :)

the menu v2.0

Adding a profile

faint quadruple mode with reworked interface

a few statistics for every player

there are 9 game modes "single", "double", "triple", "quadruple", "ultimate quadruple", "faint quadruple", "ultimate faint quadruple", "flower" and "countdown".

single is the standard version and in double, triple and quadruple mode you just have extra columns with a multiplier (e.g. column 3 means points x3).
in the ultimate mode you have 4 columns as in quadruple mode BUT you have rotating columns. that means in round 1 you play in column 1, in round 2 in column 2, in round 3 in column 3, in round 4 in column 4 and then it starts again with column 1.
for each mode there is a seperate highscore list for which i used Rocco's highscore module.

Faint Mode:
You have a Quadruple AGS Yahtzee scoreboard BUT it's not as easy as a normal Yahtzee game!
What does that mean?

60 points upper score in 1. column = 25 bonus points.
63 points upper score in 2. column = 35 bonus points.
66 points upper score in 3. column = 45 bonus points.
69 points upper score in 4. column = 55 bonus points.

AND a "0" from the other modes becomes a "-25" in FAINT mode!

Ultimate Faint Mode: Guess what?

Flower Mode:

You have a Triple AGS Yahtzee scoreboard BUT there are some special rules:

If you have an upper score of 63 points you receive bonuspoints.

upper score of 63 or higher in column 1 means total upper score of column 1 as bonuspoints in column 3.
upper score of 63 or higher in column 2 means total upper score of column 2 as bonuspoints in column 2.
upper score of 63 or higher in column 3 means total upper score of column 3 as bonuspoints in column 1.

AND a "0" from the other modes becomes a "-?" in FLOWER mode!

Countdown

You have a Triple AGS Yahtzee Scoreboard BUT there are some special rules again:

First of all the number of rounds in this mode is random. So it is possible that not all fields are played. The Countdown color indicates whether the end is near or not.

Upper score >= 63 --> bonus points = upper score

For every yahtzee you get 100 extra points!

And a "0" becomes more negative with every round (e.g. round 1: -1, round 2: -2...).

"first hand" rule: If you roll a full house, small/large straight or yahtzee with your first roll you receive double score.

quick hint: if you move the mouse to the left edge of the screen the quick hint gui pops up.

tournament mode: play all modes one after another and go for the world record! the points from each mode add up!

AGS Yahtzee v2.0

So, what's new Scooby Doo?

Profiles: every player now has his own profile with some statistics.

Bottom score: everyone wants to reach the highscore and no one wants to lose. but now your worst results are honored in a "highscore" table.

reworked interface: i wanted to get rid of the grey buttons, so i integrated their functions in different places (eg game information can be accessed by clicking on the logo in the top left corner or highscores by clicking on the modes name).

*** note: a tournament savegame from an earlier version won't work with this version!

Version Histrory:

v 1.0 released on 25. April 2008

v 1.2a released on 26. April 2008
- 2 new game modes: Faint & Ultimate Faint
- corrected some typing errors
- pimped the podium
- added hints
- game mode is now displayed over scoreboard
- fixed a bug that could lock the 4 of a kind field

v 1.2b released on 28. April 2008
- number of players now isn't reset after game end
- fixed dice sound not always right
- added some sounds
- added some effects
- players can now choose between 4 different cursor colours

v 1.3 released on 19. May 2008
- fixed a bug in the "chance" fields
- fixed a bug in the hint window
- fixed cursor color selection guis z-order was too high
- fixed podium sound not always playing
- fixed dice values weren't reset after player change
- message and hint windows can now be moved by pressing "space"
- 1 new game mode: Flower

v 1.4 FINAL released on 13. August 2008
- added "first hand" rule
- added random game mode
- added quick hint option
- 1 new game mode: Countdown
- added tournament mode

v 2.0 released on 14. November 2011
- added player profiles
- added statistics
- added bottom "highscore"
- changed some graphics
- slightly reworked inetrface
- added a new sound for FLOWER and COUNTDOWN
- finally fixed spelling error in "QUADRUPEL"
- quick hint is now always visible

i hope everything works as expected and HAVE FUN with this!  :D

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/1016/   v2.0

Shade

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

That's funny, I didn't know you could roll three times, thought it had to be twice.

Great work! :D
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

TwinMoon

And it's about time someone made this!

Seriously, I've played this a lot as a kid, downloading it now. But judging solely from the screenshots, great work!

bicilotti

Great addition, downloading right now

Leon

Wow, looking good. Might be a nice alternative for all those adventures... I've played this a lot with 'real' dice.
I'll give this one a try as well.

Good work!.

by the way: Quadruple or Quadrupel or both?
Ultimate Game Solutions - Because there is a solution for everything

bicilotti

I'm not a Yahtzee fan, but this is really well implemented (all of the rules, some nice "hey, sure you wanna do that dude?" alerts and a captivating graphic). Thumbs up!

SSH

Dice is already the plural, btw. "die" is the singular.

Shade

Quoteby the way: Quadruple or Quadrupel or both?

er.....very good question. now i see that all buttons end on -le only the quadrupel/quadruple ones end on -el. i think quadruple is right so i have to switch the letters.  ;D

QuoteDice is already the plural, btw. "die" is the singular.

ok i think the "s" has to die.  ;)

and thanks for your replies. glad you like it!  :D

Snake

Awesome!

Downloading in a minute!

--Snake
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

mags_don

Thanks for making..Love this game! BUt found a bug :-[ In the Ultimate Quadruple Yahtzee, in the green column, the four of a kind does not let you put anything in it  :-[ otherwise, great game and graphics!! ;D Also, just played double and same thing! :'( Actually, in all but the original!!

hmmm..now seems to be working?!?!  ???

Mr.T

I don't think I know this game but I surely will discover it really soon (downloading  ;D )

edit: Oooo I think I know this one by the name of YAMS. Nice ^^

Hammerite

Trilby should offer hints.
i used to be indeceisive but now im not so sure!

Shade

ok new version is up (updated the first post)! :D

if you have more suggestions tell me and i'll see what i can do! :)

QuoteThanks for making..Love this game! BUt found a bug Embarrassed In the Ultimate Quadruple Yahtzee, in the green column, the four of a kind does not let you put anything in it  Embarrassed otherwise, great game and graphics!! Grin Also, just played double and same thing! Cry Actually, in all but the original!!

hmmm..now seems to be working?!?! Huh

hmmm....mysterious. if this happens again please send me a screenshot of the situation per pm and describe what you have done.  :)

Mr.T

Quote from: Jack "Shade" Sparrow on Sat 26/04/2008 15:10:26
ok new version is up (updated the first post)! :D

if you have more suggestions tell me and i'll see what i can do! :)

QuoteThanks for making..Love this game! BUt found a bug Embarrassed In the Ultimate Quadruple Yahtzee, in the green column, the four of a kind does not let you put anything in it  Embarrassed otherwise, great game and graphics!! Grin Also, just played double and same thing! Cry Actually, in all but the original!!

hmmm..now seems to be working?!?! Huh

hmmm....mysterious. if this happens again please send me a screenshot of the situation per pm and describe what you have done.  :)

I had the same bug in the double mode, it worked fine the first time then while
playing the 4 of a kind blocked me and I was unable to enter value/finish the game.

:)

Shade

ok i hopefully fixed it.  :)

m0ds

Looks great, nice design too! Nothing like a good bit of yahtzee! I played it for the first time in 4 years a few weeks ago. With the same people I played it with 4 years previous! I'm downloading this & sharing it with them also, so thanks!! :)

CosmoQueen

This is great! I love Yahtzee ;D
KPop and AGS....................that is my life.

Snake

AGS YAHTZEE!

I can't wait to try this out, but MediaFire isn't letting me download the file...?

Will there be a possible mirror?

--Snake
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

Shade

hmmm strange. but i put up some mirrors. hope everyone can get the game now.  :)

Shade

just want to let you know that i put together a small update.  :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk