What are you like?

Started by NTL., Thu 16/01/2003 07:47:23

Previous topic - Next topic

NTL.

I am very shy in everyday life, however on thecomputer I am compfortable chatting with people and on message boards. I usually keep the subjects short answering quickly with Yes, maybe, or I dont know. If I come out and greet someone, I say, "Howdee." and leave it at that. If there is a good friend of mine, that is a whole dfferent story. I say, "Wassup?" In conversations, I often keep quite and listen and observe. I noticed that when I chat on ICQ, IRC, Gamespy, AIM, or MSN, I am the one mostly being the "annoying" one.

Its very weird that I do this. Who acts in this way or similar? I don't often hold conversations with even close friends, and when A random stranger (Foreigner like me who thinks I act like them) walks up to me and starts saying someting like, "Hi! Whats your name? I quickly answer, "matt." It mostly stays at that when they see I am in the least bit interested in doing business with them.

It is very rare for me to ask a question like that to a random person on the street. As I said before, "I honly have three good friends." That is beside my family. I may be nice in this board, but I wanted to share my personality with you to let you know what you're up against if you ever meet me.

Share you're personality:

~psyKIK

Duke Entertainment Message Boards (DEILF)
Duke Entertainment Official Website <-- Recently updated
uhhh... I Live Forever!!!

Dmitri

I'm a chauvanistic right wing capitalist :P

nah seriously, I'm pretty much the opposite in Real life Kikme. I'm the 'annoying one' amongst my friends because I never take anything seriously unless it has to do with business or politics (ie. never) even then when I'm trying to help peoplethink I'm being incompetent or annoying. thus... I'm anti-social to anyone I don't yet know or can't make contact with.

I trust you all know what chauvanistic means.

and that's pretty much me

WanderLady

Psy,
     I hope you don't think that there is anything wrong with acting like that. It's alright not to say something. It's alright to be quiet and shy. Anything that can be said already has been. All that is important is to LOVE the people you come in contact with, even if you just pass them by on the street. LOVE them. In your heart, LOVE them.(AND YOU WILL SAVE THEM) One thing about that LOVE. Our LOVE is not enough--it's too weak--You need to LOVE with the LOVE that JESUS CHRIST has for you.

Peace, Blessing and Love in Jesus' name...

m0ds

Egad. Please don't preach on the AGS forums.

:)
m0ds

WanderLady

m0ds

Jesus

Yeah don't preach... It's clearly my duty

So what is Jesus like in Real life?

Well a few call me preachy
But I just like to be peachy :)

I'm a poet and I didn't know it
I make a rhyme every time

NTL.

I wouldn't say that Wander was preaching. I thought it was some wordsd of the wise myself. I actually smiled at some people when I went out a bit ago.
Duke Entertainment Message Boards (DEILF)
Duke Entertainment Official Website <-- Recently updated
uhhh... I Live Forever!!!

DragonRose

We just had a baaaaaaad experience with a preachy person back on the E-Z board forums.  Ah Santiagoro: gone, but not forgotten... DARN!

Real Life Dragonrose is not as talkative as messageboard Dragonrose.  She prefers text to speech, loves to be the centre of attention but never is. :-(
Sssshhhh!!! No sex please, we're British!!- Pumaman

Pumaman

Quote from: Dmitri on Thu 16/01/2003 08:28:53I never take anything seriously unless it has to do with business or politics (ie. never) even then when I'm trying to help, people think I'm being incompetent

Hehe, I know what you mean - I very rarely take things seriously, and because I like to mess around in the office some people naturally assume I'm incompetant.  Whether they're right or not, of course, is another matter entirely ;)

Anyway, to keep on topic, I'm not shy, but I don't go up and talk to random people either. If I've got an opinion on something, you'll know about it. :)

Someone was saying the other day about how there are two main types of people - groupers, and singlers. A grouper is someone who is in their element when part of a group of say 4 or more people - they don't talk loads, but will gladly hold forth about their view in a group conversation. A singler, on the other hand, is quite shy and withdrawn when in a group, but talk to them on their own and they can talk for hours.

And then of course there are the last group of people who I really respect, like KANDYMAN, who have a good enough memory and confidence to relate stories and lead a group's conversation, and still be good to talk to one-on-one.

The human being is a strange animal. :)

Helm

I'm either pretty quiet, or pretty loud. Which depends on in what company I am. You'll see in Mittens.
WINTERKILL

Archangel (aka SoupDragon)

Me? I'm nothing but a bloody oxymoron. A confused 15 year old, who has no idea who he is. Am I a criminal? A saint? A preacher a mosher a geek a freak a poet a musician a technician. I have no friends, yet everyone is my friend. I'm always right in that most of the time I'm wrong. Everyone you talk to would say a different thing about me, which is confusing as hell for me! I'm trying to be the nice guy, but it's so bloody hard with teenage machoism that most of the time I just give up and do my best to conform. Which then makes me feel guilty for abandoning people who would otherwise be my 'real' friends. Where does learning social skills stop and artificially changing your personality begin? That's something that nobody can learn in just 15 years.

Was that sickeningly poetic enough for you? Yes? Good.

c.leksutin

Since I think I have social anxety(sp??) disorder, I dont go out much, I only talk to people if they start... once I get somewhat comfortable, I can be quite chatty some times.  Otherwise I'm the strong, silent type, sitting at the back of the pub just observing.  

The song "passenger" by Iggy Pop sums me up pretty well I think.

C.

Helm

Isn't that song about being drunk and shagging a goat and then throwing up on it while doing it?
WINTERKILL

Ben

Well, I think I'm kind of similar to lex (except for the goat thing). I rarely start conversations, and I'm even a bit shy about joining in conversations with friends. I also observe more than I speak.. As a result, I know everything about everyone, but nobody knows anything about me.

And I like it that way.

(creepy laughter)

Matt Brown

I am quite an extrovert. I love and crave attention, which is why I love the performing arts. I try very hard to be funny, but my humor doesn't really come across to well on message boards.

word up

Made Up Character

I am a tree.

I am 30 m. high and made of glucose (no ftuctose mofo!!!).  I have a mane that streches down to my ankles and brushes up against the truly worthy.  My arms are bursting with sap.

Around fat people I tend to act squidgy, around skinny people, clean.  I eat what I say I'm goung to eatt and I never howl in constipated areas.  I like to read.

EverytThursday I was my car, which is an ordinary blue Comero, decorated with an amuzing plastic-rubbery foam sculpted in the shape of a camel's hump (it rises from the hood, defying our expectations iof where a hump would be).

On wednesdays I go shopping and have buttered scones for tea, but that's only since I found a new way to walk, walk, walk.  I am currently learning Cantonese through osmosis.  Generally I'm shy, but I'm also a rude, egotistical racist arsehole, but only in the metophorical sense.

And I lost my leaves in '39.

That about sums me up.

Fairwig

I'm a people person.  Very opinionative at times, and it tends to get me in trouble.   I'm freindly to people who aren't fake.  Probably why I like people on the net so much, you really can't tell if there fake or not.  It's bad tho when you CAN tell.
I like to talk and roleplay.  Probably because I'm an actress.  
I'm also a little loopy.  I like to watch stuff too.

Fairwig

(P.S.  I like nude people....shhh....don't tell.)

gemen

I am a very nice, understanding person who is always listening. I love to talk, so striking up a convo is no problem for me. I am outwardly childish. This is due to my outlook on life. I am always looking for beauty. I am a hopeless romantic who's passion for beauty leaves him helpless; it's quite simple.

Despite this, though, I have been hardened by much trauma throughout my life. I consider myself to be very wise for my age (18). I think I can handle just about any emotionally greuling situation with a certain level of ease.

Sounds great, huh? well, it is. I am just a nice guy.

Oh yeah, one thing I forgot. My mind wanders helplessly. This prevents me from holding down a job, doing schoolwork, ......getting anything done, really. I always have brilliant ideas and schemes that I never follow through with because I think of better ones the next day. It really sucks. My interests shift on a seemingly weekly basis. I live in kind of a fantasy world, if you will.

"Everybody seems to think I'm lazy. I don't mind. I think they're crazy." -John Lennon

amaranth

I used to think I was shy, but later came to realize that most of the conversations floating around me were uninteresting. It's hard to say interesting things about uninteresting subjects. In these situations, I usually float off into daydream land.

Once in a while I meet fascinating people who get the wheels in my mind turning. Around these types of people, I can talk and talk and talk.

Maybe you're hanging out with your wrong type of people?

Like RPGs? Play Ahriman's Prophecy!!
www.amaranthia.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk