What are you like?

Started by NTL., Thu 16/01/2003 07:47:23

Previous topic - Next topic

gemen

certainly not. I hang out with clones of myself, so to speak.

(I hope you were addressing me just there)
"Everybody seems to think I'm lazy. I don't mind. I think they're crazy." -John Lennon

amaranth

I was thinking of psy, don't worry :)
Like RPGs? Play Ahriman's Prophecy!!
www.amaranthia.com

rodekill

I'm like Helm and C.

I can be pretty outgoing, but most of the time I prefer to just sit back and observe. I suppose it depends how much I know the people I'm with at the time.

Unless I've been drinking, then all bets are off.

But don't do that 'cause it makes baby Jesus cry and stuff.
SHAWNO NEWS FLASH: Rodekill.com, not updated because I suck at animation. Long story.
peepee

Pesty

I'm a grumpy hermit. It's a surprise I don't live in a cave and throw rocks at tresspassers. I could be considered shy, but it's more that I have a hard time talking due to my brain thinking faster than my mouth can work, which gives me my "Crazy, Old, Evil Guy" stutter. And I also don't like idle conversations like "How about that weather?" or "God help me, I'm trapped under this elephant!", so I don't talk unless the conversations is interesting and/or important. I also like to use metaphors and similies more than most people, which makes people think I'm insane. Which, of course, I am. I also worry too damn much and I have gemen's problem of the restless mind.
ACHTUNG FRANZ: Enjoy it with copper wine!

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes. - Douglas Adams

Unilin

Well, I suppose I'm almost exactly like Piraty Pete, there, except instead of throwing rocks at people, I eat their planets.  And instead of an American chcik, I'm a space faring robot.  But other than that, right down to the stutter when I forget to pace my speech and the similies/metaphores which fly out of my mouth of their own volition.  Such as "It's like having a rickity, wooden carnival in your own room."
"He is the deadliest man alive and I want him dead."  -- The Boss, Ett Buttert Utter

Nothing in the universe is certain, probably.

TheYak

I'm fairly talkative one-on-one, I suppose.  I just don't really care for most people.  I find that people in general act and speak without thought or reason saying things that don't matter.   I like randomity and humor, definately but I don't go for many of the things that are fairly common in "civilized company."  If someone sneezes, I don't say, "Bless you."  If someone asks how I am, they'd better want to know -- I don't ask unless I actually want to know.  One comment on the weather is fine but an entire 10-minute conversation about it is inane.  Maybe I act/sound a bit egotistical but I really prefer only to invest myself in pleasurable/productive company.  I am not the sort to try and be nice just so that I don't offend somebody.  Not that I can't be tactful (or at least try).  

For an example, look at the message board I choose.  With very few exceptions, I've chosen one with the best group of talented, intelligent and humorous people I've yet found on the internet.  I hope you liked it, cause that's about as sugar-coated as I get.

rodekill

Haha.
Sometimes someone will be talking to me and in my head I'm going "Why the hell would you think I'd be interested in any of this?"
I agree that sometimes people seem to like to talk just to hear their own voices.

And please ask your avatar to stop staring at me.
SHAWNO NEWS FLASH: Rodekill.com, not updated because I suck at animation. Long story.
peepee

TheYak

Quote from: rodekill on Sat 18/01/2003 03:49:00And please ask your avatar to stop staring at me.

Done.

c.leksutin

yeah I should add, when I say I dont go out much, what I really mena is: I dont leave the house other then for food or to go to work.. I dont like talking to most people due to the fact that most people have the intelligence of a tree slug...

C.

Femme Stab Mode >:D

I can always start a conversation in no matter how big or small group of people I am. I always have something to say. Because of my unpleasant voice people hate talking to me when I'm angry, and I'm always angry. I'm only nice at Christmas time and I never lick envelopes-I use glue instead, cause I don't trust envelopes. I can't be called shy, I can only be called a non-stop lean mean talking machine, however, I never talk nonsense and pick inteligent topics. I'm an Army cadet and people in my unit call me "crazy russian" cause I always do something stupid and end up in pain. When I fell off a cliff in cadets everyone laughed. When I burned my neck with a hot gun barell the range sergeant laughed for ages. Overall, I'm the laughing stock of the nation. And I can act. Performing arts is easy for me. That's all folks.
NANANANANANA ASSHOLE!

Quickstrike

I'm the smart guy in class.  I know all the answers.  i'm the guy who could go insane any second and just sits there and reads, schemes, and thinks.
"You know something people,  I'm not black, but there's a whole buncha times I wish I could say 'I'm not white'"-Frank Zappa, "Trouble Every Day"

Femme Stab Mode >:D

I'm the smart person in class as well and I hate it. I used to  get bullied for answers in primary school because I was the smartest and the smallest. And the russian teachers turned their backs on me because they believed if you got beaten, you deserved it.
Life's a bitch in that way.
NANANANANANA ASSHOLE!

Timosity

I'm a quiet sort of person. I do my own thing without being too persuaded by the crowd.

I enjoy playing sports, I play cricket in a Local competition. Enjoy going to pubs and having a few quiet frosty ones. Essential after a game of cricket.

I have a few different groups of friends and rarely the groups intertwine with each other, but it's good when they do.

My best friends are spread out over large distances eg. Canberra, Singapore, Newcastle(aus) and various places in Sydney(it is quite a large city, Sydney's coast line is over 100km and it goes west more than 50km) so even some of my nearer friends are a fair distance away.

When we all get together, which is rare, we have the best conversations, and the most intelligent, compared to my regular friends I see all the time.

I start a conversation if I think it will be interesting to others.
I don't often speak to strangers although sometimes I wish I was more confident and do so.

I'm shy infront of new people sometimes and other times it is quite easy, it just depends on how well you click I guess.

Some friends I've had for over 20 years, some around 10 and others that may or may not remain friends, only time will tell.

but I have a lot more acquaintances.

I become more closed off and shy when I've had a few drinks, which is the opposite of most people. But I can Have much deeper one on one chats when I'm drunk.

I try not to drink too much these days, I'm trying to get more healthy.

I'm 1.77metres 5 ft 8' weigh about 65kg 143 pounds

and I'm a statistics freak, mainly sport, mainly cricket but I'm just fascinated with numbers

but who really cares

Edit: I am also truly nocturnal, I just went outside for 5 minutes and saw 2 Tawney Frogmouth owls, a few fruit bats, a ringtail possum and a brushtail possum. The beauties of nature at my door step. They are also my friends.

Las Naranjas

Profane, friendly with a hint of caustic irony that is never detected, and arrogant beyond belief.

Movement of character both effeminate and overtly masculine, the same with speech that gets lauded by fools as articulate, yet is puctuated constantly by swearing.

it's a cultural thing...
"I'm a moron" - LGM
http://sylpher.com/novomestro
Your resident Novocastrian.

GameFreek(aka Ari)

:) I am a writer of poems and lyrics. I love to draw.I can be that of annoyance at times...but I think Im a pretty nice person above all.Yes Im a rock and roll girl. I love all rock music and metal..stuff like that. I think Im not as shy as I was in previous years of life. I've become more confident in doing what I want..and so that me.
Im gonna kill!! YAY!!! you deaddd....

remixor

I am extremeley reserved until something or someone starts me off about something I really love or really hate.  Then I'm probably either very enthusiastic or very frustrating.
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

Archangel (aka SoupDragon)

Whoa Gamefreek... not that I mind or anything, but why exactly have you just dug up two posts from JANUARY?

Robert Eric

I'm not shy, and usually very blunt.  Sometimes I become very violent, but I never shout.  I don't argue, because, frankly, I can't win.  I don't know anything about anything.  I don't like to be alone.  I'm paranoid when I'm alone.  I hear noises that don't exist, things that aren't there, etc..  I am a black belt in Kempo Karate.  I started only because I thought I was getting fat and out of shape, and I continued because I couldn't get the nerve to stop.  And I'm a filthy pervert.
Ã, Ã, 

Pesty

Quote from: Archangel on Tue 12/08/2003 23:25:26
Whoa Gamefreek... not that I mind or anything, but why exactly have you just dug up two posts from JANUARY?

Yeah, but if she started similar topics, people would tell her there's already been a topic about it. This way is better, in my opinion.
ACHTUNG FRANZ: Enjoy it with copper wine!

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes. - Douglas Adams

Evil

The noobies are getting smarter... ¬¬ This is a very dangerous thing...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk