What are you like?

Started by NTL., Thu 16/01/2003 07:47:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Pessi

Archangel, in addition to Pestilence's very valid point, very few new people find the time to get acquainted with the community by browsing the old threads. I think GameFreek deserves full credit for that. Not to take any away from you though, as you just pointed the fact out. But I'm glad this thread came up as I hadn't seen it before.

I just hope Fruitree is still here somewhere to read his thread. :-\

Anyways, I consider myself as a pretty social and outgoing person. It's just that often I don't WANT to know some people and that leads to them thinking I'm somewhat shy or introvert. I just think relationships either work or they don't. I know many people who chat this and that with everyone and really knows none of them. I don't think it serves any purpose.

I must admit I have trouble starting discussion with someone I'd really like to get to know better. But then again, it's about the same thing: I don't feel comfortable talking with someone about a matter that really doesn't interest me. Seems like there are many like me in that matter here.

It's really hard to find the right kind of company. Different kinds of people bring different things out of me. Some bad, some good. And when it comes to AGS community in general, it often seems to be the best. Helpfulness, politeness, thoughtfulness, intelligence. They're features that I actually never thought I had so strong before I joined AGS Forums. I'm not saying I really am any of that, but it has helped me in creating a more positive view about myself and eventually, start acting accordingly.

In real life I'm a bit different, though my friends still generally regard me perhaps nicer and more thoughful than the regular guy. The fact of the matter is, one can not be very helpful or thoughtful in real life. I don't really have a problem with that, but it's a bit unfortunate when people are after all so intelligent. Perhaps it's just that people often are pretty "shallow", so to say, in company of many people, but then compensate that when they're with their loved ones. I realized that when my friend just started his army service at the same time I finished it. He was all like he was going to hold a knife with his teeth going all "Geronimo!" or "turtle power!" and all confident. But then my friend told me that he was actually really stressed out and really worried about the service. He had told her that personally because he doesn't want us to think he's a wussy or anything. Though I don't see anything to be ashamed there.

Anyway, it seems like I'm talking about relationships more than of anything else. But hey, we think of ourselves through our relationships, right? I suppose you are what your friends are... Well, not quite.

I think the most frustrating thing about the whole issue is when people respect you because of your talents and achievements, not for what you really are. Oh, and the other thing is when you go all off-topic.

MachineElf

I'm just your regular pimp'n'pusher on the dark street corner. Wear mostly furs and a lot of goldchains, often pretending to be black. It's all in the buisiness really. Privately I like beating up children, but that's just a hobby really, and too much time at the job, you know: protecting your assets and stuff, takes time from all the fun in life.
So, you want some nice ice to fry your brain? You know who to call. Guess who made Mittens such an experience?
There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Femme Stab Mode >:D

Me? Oh shit I have changed since I last posted here.
Well, I'm less talkative now. I can't focus on anything unless it interests me, so at school I mostly sleep.I started a rebelion at my school last year. With flyers and people writting angry letters to school and some protesting. I'd like to start a revolution one day ;D, I'd be funny. And I have weird ideas. That's about it.
NANANANANANA ASSHOLE!

earlwood

I'm real life I'm a matthew, I like video games,rock, and long walks on the beach  ;D ...but really I just kinda the clown of the group, kind of a jock..but not coaches buddie kind of jock...,I'm a geek.  I'm just like on the forums but I talk a bit more often and I'm not as caustiosous about my choice of words or my spelling.  :)

m0ds

Sorry, never realised I'd made that "dont preach" comment lol, looking back on it it was a bit mean.

I wouldn't say Helm was loud necessarily, but very talkative at Mittens.

I don't think I was very loud or talkative tho ;)

m0ds

MonkeySpank

I'm a very popular guy where I live and I am very talkative and verry "cool" like Fonzy.

:)

seriously.
Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!

m0ds

Then i'm the complete opposite.

Seriously.

:P
m0ds

Hobbes

I'm suave, charming and deadly sexy.

Er.

Did I mention I'm a compulsive liar as well? ;)

But anyway... I'm a bit of the quiet type myself. Friendly, I'd say. I'm somewhat of the "clown" character when around my friends. But I'm actually quite capable of sane conversations as well.

ravenfusion

Well my name is Jeff, I'm 13, and I live in the U.K. Now to my personality, sometimes i'm quiet, sometimes i'm loud, and sometimes i'm in the mood for taking the piss of this manly girl at my school...

Most of the time i'm friendly (except to the manly girl and her friends :P). I can make anybody laugh, but it's hard to do it on the internet. :'( I pretty much act like myself on the internet most of the time. When online, i'm not ashamed of who I am in anyway and I love to get let people know about me. I like to express my super duper love for art and sometimes my creativity of pretty much anything.

I am pretty athletic and I enjoy watching wrestling and doing it for real. I like taking risks, if there is something I feel I can't do, I'll do it anyway.

When it comes to art, I can turn a picture of a dog into a  ball-sucking space gerbil in a matter of minutes!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk