Cosmos Quest II: To Find a Sun - The game is removed by its author.

Started by Iliya, Sun 11/05/2008 08:53:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Iliya

Cosmos Quest II - removed by its author

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Oh boy... you're still using the SQ6 Roger sprite, and you're selling the game?

I sincerely hope no one important notices.
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Iliya

It's available for FREE DOWNLOAD!

Quote from: Rui 'Trovatore' Pires on Sun 11/05/2008 14:17:44
Oh boy... you're still using the SQ6 Roger sprite, and you're selling the game?

I sincerely hope no one important notices.

SSH

Don't forget to add this to the games DB!

AdventureMan

YAY!! I've been waiting for the second part of this game, the first part was amazeing.    :D.:D.

MikaelS

Thank you for changing to came from commercial to free. Must say a brilliant decision this time, and most importantly now a lot more people will play this game. :) Downloading.

SSH

Quote from: kinanev on Sun 11/05/2008 19:20:48
SSH, I already did it.

Quote from: SSH on Sun 11/05/2008 19:07:14

If you just change the demo to full, you'll find the game isn't eligible for the AGS Awards...

Iliya

Thank you SSH. I didn't know that. I tryed to add the game, but the site gives me an error. I posted it in the techical forum.

Quote from: SSH on Mon 12/05/2008 13:16:32
SSH, I already did it.

If you just change the demo to full, you'll find the game isn't eligible for the AGS Awards...

Iv4n

At last! Something worth to play! Downloading straight ahead :).

Iliya

I have added the game :) Thank you for the warning SSH!

Quote from: SSH on Mon 12/05/2008 13:16:32
SSH, I already did it.

Dualnames

Glad this game is out. good job kinanev..
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Iliya

I received lot of messages that the game has a hard puzzles. I will keep that in mind. Obviously, easier puzzles makes adventure games more popular.

SSH

"Puzzles" which are too easy add nothing to a story and just hold things up. Puzzles which are too hard can frustrate players who are not good at puzzles. Puzzles thrown in as padding to try and make a very short game seem longer, or as a substitute for plot are irritating. However, puzzles which make no sense are the worst: e.g. Rubber Ducky in Longest Journey, Monkey Wrench to non-americans, etc.  Its all subjective, though. For me, Myst got it right, but Shivers II and the wierd stuff at the end of Phantasmagoria II got it wrong. Others may disagree.

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Funny, I had no trouble with the rubber ducky...

...dunno what the heck I used it for, but I had no trouble with it.

Maybe my mind is just warped?

Yeah, that must be it.

Kneel. Now.

sthomannch

Kinanev, a beautiful game! Congratulation.

I hope I can finish it, because one arcade game towards the end is rather difficult
Spoiler

I got a loaded weapon in exchange for the old laser gun and I should shoot some aliens. But they run really fast and I only get one out of three.
[close]

Leon

Congratulations! I just played CQ1 to be sure to get this one. Thought some of the puzzles there were a bit far fetched (the pixel hunts, the overdone mask ... why not five rows of 9 digits, more then enough.. etc) and I thought the comments on that game were obvious.

So I thought you'd learned from that and guess what: you didn't! Again the crazy long mask search (ok 4 positions instead of 6 digits only this time, but again count to 20?!?) and the deactivation of the robot. How are we supposed to know that MGN is Magnetic? What do the others mean? And that the level means the sensitivity level (ok, maybe I could have found that out but hey... some explanation wouldn't hurt here..)

Graphics are good, story is good (as far as I got at the moment..), music is good but the puzzles..... they don't fit the game.

I'm affraid that this frustration sets the mood for the hole game which is a shame because all the rest is very well done!
Ultimate Game Solutions - Because there is a solution for everything

Meystari F

Good game so far while I am still playing it.

Error nr 1: I can't push on any buttons to get out of the computer image screen on the screen where Lanski are suppose to use the poet password on the computer.

edit  I know I can  push F7 button too to get out of the space screen when I am dead after one space rock hit my shuttle.  But it is too hard to escape to get killed. Is there no easier way to escape this?

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

There's a serious bug.

Spoiler
So after getting the locator and getting past the guy guarding the entrance to whatever, I looked at the display panel. Then, while looking, I opened my inventory, meaning to use my translator with the panel. Accidently I right-clicked on the locator. The game would not accept any more input, be it keyboard or mouse, and I had to Alt-X my way out.
[close]

Kneel. Now.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk