Shoot, I Got Abducted!

Started by ThreeOhFour, Mon 12/05/2008 13:33:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Alarconte

Wa, Downloaded and played (what about, fiveteen minutes at much?

Well, I don't like this too smart games, I Love to get inmerse in the story, the art...

But I have to recognaize that the time I played was inmersing and interesting.

I love the alien art
Spoiler

(not the ... er... Famous Gungan master xD), the purple guy was so cute, and the tater... (and the girl)
[close]

But the first character doesn't like too much. One problem I have is that "village english" what a non-english-speaker could be maybe difficult to understand word by word.

But for 3 days work, is an funny esplendid game!

My opinion: A 30 minutes-1 hour duration game could be very fantastic, but this make me sad, make me thinking that could be great, but only ten minutes game is (I don't know how to say this word...] anonying? disgusting? make me sad?

But a great "game", yes ^^
"Tiny pixelated boobies are the heart and soul of Castlevania"

Galactic Battlefare Capital Choice Part 1 , finished, releasing soon
GBF CC Part 2, WIP

Dualnames

So you planning on using that mirror? :P Just add it as second mirror..:D

Ok, I'll give you sixty years then I'm gonna kil..eh stop the link.
Anyway, cool game. Nice intro.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Leon

Great game. Congratualtions!

Loved every BIT of it. Graphics, sounds. Right length, right puzzles. Not too hard, not too easy, just right!
Please don't do a sequel. There are enough sequels already and this game is great the way it is. Just because there's only one. Make more of those unique, creative and brilliant little games though. So if you have another 3 days to spare...

Ultimate Game Solutions - Because there is a solution for everything

Play_Pretend

Ha!  That was so cute.  My favorite part was the inner tube. :)

Great graphics, a very fun little game!  It only took me about 10 minutes to finish.  I can't wait to see "Shoot, I Got Indentured Servituded!" :)

ThreeOhFour

Alarconte: I'm glad you found the game interesting and liked the graphics. I understand some people are disappointed by short games, but I do not regret the length of the game - I enjoy shorter games myself. Thankyou for playing and taking the time to comment :).

Dualnames: Yessir, I'll get onto using that mirror as soon as I figure out how to add a second mirror ;D. I am pleased that you enjoyed the intro.

Leon: Thanks for your very kind words! I agree that a sequel would be rather pointless, and yes, I plan to make little projects like these every so often when I get bored :). I am sure I'll find 3 days somewhere in the future, but for now I have a couple of bigger projects which demand my attention.

Strange Visitor: Thank you for the nice comments :). The inner tube idea I knew was perfect - I chuckled as soon as LGM mentioned it to me :).

Dualnames

You can always change the rapidshare download link i guess. :D Finished it. Didn't take too long.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

miguel

Finished the game as well! Congratulations! I spent some quality time playing your game, Ben!
Good jokes and graphics!
Working on a RON game!!!!!

BadlyDrawnGame

Hi. Just wanted to say that I really enjoyed the game, so thank you!

However, one thing needs doing if you recompile at any time
Spoiler
Add at least a sound effect, as feedback, when you press the numerals on the console.
I spent a great deal of time assuming I was looking for a keypad elsewhere as the buttons didn't seem to be working
[close]

Otherwise, great stuff and I look forward to more

TassieDevil

Great game, you got my vote on the game page!
I am glad you had a mirror, the main download page didn't work, it said quota exceeded or something like that and asked me to subscribe.

I didn't mind having no save option, you play it through in one hit anyway.
;D

ThreeOhFour

Dualnames: Thanks, I shall do that. Glad you didn't get stuck playing through :)

Miguel: Thanks for the nice words. I am pleased you had fun playing!

BadlyDrawnGame: I appreciate your kind comments - thankyou. The issue with the keypad had been brought to my attention and is now fixed :).

TassieDevil: I appreciate you taking the time to rate the game on the game page! I didn't think you'd need a save option, however everyone is different :).

For those interested, the game has now been updated! Things included in the update:

-Up/down walk/talk cycles for Bob.
-Skippable introduction.
-Basic save/load function.
-Visual/audio cues for keypad.
-Various dialog/bug fixes you'll find boring if I detail :).

A very big thanks to everyone who has played the game and also a special thanks to everyone who has commented on here or the games page. I really do appreciate it!

tube

Short, easy and left me smiling. Just the way I like 'em after a long day at work.

Games I mean, you dirty minded buggers. (Otherwise short wouldn't be a requirement.)

Gave my vote at the games page. I can hardly wait for whatever you decide to release next.

Mordalles

hey ben, really enjoyed the game! loved the walkcycle. great stuff.

"It's a fairy! She's naked! Curse these low-res graphics!" - Duty and Beyond

ThreeOhFour

Tube: Thanks for your nice comments (and a spot of humor is always good too ;D). I appreciate you taking the time to vote :)

Mordalles: Thanks for playing, and for your nice comment about the walkcycle :D.

MashPotato

Very cute and enjoyable!  I enjoyed the cartoony graphics :)
Spoiler
and of course, anything to do with potatoes, particularly werepotatoes, is awesome ;D
[close]

Nice job, Ben!  Look forward to seeing more from you :)

EDIT: oops, wrong spoiler code--fixed ;)

ThreeOhFour

Hahaha, thanks Mash! I should have known that'd get me bonus points :)

I plan on having more to show soon :)

bicilotti

Seeing a lone man drawing/animating in such a beautiful way and displaying such consummate storyteller's abilities (albeit in a tiny and simple enviroment) warms my heart and makes wonder what awaits next in the AGS galaxy.

A question out of curiosity: in the first screen ("a game by Ben chandler") we see 7 blue squares placed in two columns. Is there a meaning behind such a logo?

edit: tunes are catchy and not boring, so handshake to the musician too!

kaputtnik

Hello there, bicilotti - as the musician I'd like to express my heartfelt thanks for your appreciation (especially since you took the inconcvenience of editing your original post) - these three tunes were rather hurriedly dispatched since Ben had already set the pace, be sure to check out Lode whenever it will be ready, it will feature some of my more elaborate (and hopefully still catchy and not boring) tunes and - compared to this here game - a whole galaxy of Ben's (definitely still consummate and not boring) storytelling and graphics.

I don't know if Ben wants me to give away the secret of the seven blocks, but I suppose I can give you a hint: Take a close look at his nickname.

You're really into the blocks and colors business, aren't you? :)
Not to go too far off topic, but since you dropped in: Good luck with finishing ColourWise, I've been keeping an eye on it ever since you have posted it and I love what you have revealed up to now.
I, object.

ThreeOhFour

Hey Bic - thanks for the nice comments! I never considered myself a storyteller much, so it's nice to think somebody liked my story. As for the 7 squares, yes they have a poorly veiled significance which Sebastian has hinted at. Thanks again for playing :D

SuperDre

Just played the game and it was a great short game.. Hope you'll expand it into a larger game, the character itself is quite a funny character...

neon

Just played through. Nice little game, no bugs, good thing for the coffee break.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk