COSMOS QUEST II

Started by mags_don, Tue 13/05/2008 14:18:29

Previous topic - Next topic

AdventureMan

Talking about fixing things in the game, the "Diamond Mine III" game in the bar on RSS would definetely need a overhaul to make it easier. It's so easy getting caught and killed when searching for the diamonds, making it all depend on luck whether you make it or not. But despite this it's a very nice game and I look forward to part III.  :).

Iliya

Thank you guys for the advices. About the end: there is no different ending. For those that didn't understand the ending:

Spoiler
you kill all except one (the first one - Goulag). Then Silia (who scanned the surface) catch the Goulag (with the special equipment from the shuttle). Then something happened - Goulag is making mind uniting with you and you become ghost obsessed. Then in the Rhomulian Council Hidaway you give the star maps to the Council but you are still obsessed and you act strange. The Council tells you to go and to rest for a couple of hours. You go in the guest quarter to sleep. But during sleep you become totally obsessed. The is the open end for the Cosmos Quest III.
[close]

Iliya

Quote from: hansolo0 on Sun 18/05/2008 06:10:17
....Is there a way I can get all the music.

hansolo0, soon I will upload some of the sounds, and all music themes from the game in Cosmos Quest website - http://www.cosmos-quest.com.

Meystari F

I managed to finish the asteroid game.  Thanks for the save/load advice ;D.

I got the rope with helmet. Now what am I suppose to do! There is a droid who won't let me in A and B tunnel. Am I suppose to wait or do something to get passed by him.  ::)

Edit- I have finished the game.  I got 433 out of 440 points.  I wonder what I missed.

The arcades games was too fast for me. Maybe you should add a slider so player can slow the speed.

You forgot the quitgame(0);

hansolo0

I final question I can't seem to get spoiler blocks to work?? I've tried
Spoiler
spoiler space
[close]
and [sblock] spoiler space [/sblock] neither seem to work? 

Overall I rate CQII 8/10 much better on length than pt I but still to short.

I think I got about the same points as Fribbi, I wonder what I missed?

Iliya

Hansolo try hide in [] not spoiler in []

Quote from: hansolo0 on Mon 19/05/2008 05:01:36
I final question I can't seem to get spoiler blocks to work?? I've tried
Spoiler
spoiler space
[close]
and [sblock] spoiler space [/sblock] neither seem to work? 

Overall I rate CQII 8/10 much better on length than pt I but still to short.

I think I got about the same points as Fribbi, I wonder what I missed?

shimbo

maybe this is what you missed: look at the bush, look at the note when you land on that station with that sad guy,  or whatever
;D

Iliya

I'm sure you missed this. When you take the radiation blocker device, go and show it to Kohen.

Quote from: shimbo on Mon 19/05/2008 09:03:41
maybe this is what you missed: look at the bush, look at the note when you land on that station with that sad guy,  or whatever
;D

Leon

Quote from: kinanev on Mon 19/05/2008 09:36:53
I'm sure you missed this. When you take the radiation blocker device, go and show it to Kohen.

Then you should be playing the arcade as soon as you enter the bar because when you do it after Kohen drops his card, he's gone. So I never came up with that idea. I'll change the WT.
Ultimate Game Solutions - Because there is a solution for everything

Iliya

One more...

When Kohen is gone, go and look at the same place where you saw the spy bot (upper left corner of the screen - outside the Raed Bar). You will see Kohen - working on spy bot...

Quote from: Leon on Mon 19/05/2008 10:28:00
Quote from: kinanev on Mon 19/05/2008 09:36:53

Then you should be playing the arcade as soon as you enter the bar because when you do it after Kohen drops his card, he's gone. So I never came up with that idea. I'll change the WT.

shimbo

i got 337 p of 440p, i sure missed that one you mentioned kinavev 8)

hansolo0

8)  kimanev , what would be cool for the sequel is if you could travel around to different planets whenever you wanted, maybe to earn money for your ship or something (weapons maybe?) A pipe dream I guess and I realize it'd be hard but it would be cool...

hansolo0

To further my idea, you'd have to earn money for weapons by traveling to certain planets buying and selling goods perhaps so you could then get to another planet to finish or further your mission/the game....

Iliya

Thank you Hansolo. I like the idea. It will be hard work, but it will be good!
One thing I learned from making Cosmos Quest II. The arcades are not good idea for adventure games. Maybe they are, but they have to be easy.

Quote from: hansolo0 on Wed 21/05/2008 06:08:20
To further my idea, you'd have to earn money for weapons by traveling to certain planets buying and selling goods perhaps so you could then get to another planet to finish or further your mission/the game....

Ian Aloser

Hi there,

nice game except for the annoying asteroids game.
Can someone tell me how to get past them?
I get hit every time, reload only to get hit again.
Is it time-dependent or do have have to navigate the
shuttle to a certain point of the screen?
Any hint is welcome!

Cheers and thanks
I a L

Leon

Quote from: I am a loser on Thu 22/05/2008 15:41:43
Hi there,

nice game except for the annoying asteroids game.
Can someone tell me how to get past them?
I get hit every time, reload only to get hit again.
Is it time-dependent or do have have to navigate the
shuttle to a certain point of the screen?
Any hint is welcome!

Cheers and thanks
I a L

I did it by putting my shuttle in the lower left corner and leave it there. It won't work every time but I found it the easiest way. With a couple of tries you should be able to reach the next station.
Ultimate Game Solutions - Because there is a solution for everything

hansolo0

Quote from: kinanev on Wed 21/05/2008 12:58:57
One thing I learned from making Cosmos Quest II. The arcades are not good idea for adventure games. Maybe they are, but they have to be easy.

I don't think the arcade games have to be too easy, just not too hard, and be able to save before during and after said game easily, so you don't get frustrated and give up.

I don't know if you were thinking my idea be an arcade style game inside the game, it really isn't. Just give the options to fly to a couple of planets, maybe show a cut scene flying there, then when there, give  the player the option to buy low at planet 1, and sell high at planet 2 or 3, etc. Once the player has enough money he buys something he needs to continue the game...

hansolo0

Quote from: kinanev on Wed 21/05/2008 12:58:57

Whoops! goofed on reply, anyway..

I don't think the arcade games have to be too easy, just not too hard, and be able to save before, during and after said arcade mini-game easily, so you don't get frustrated and give up.

I don't know if you were thinking my idea be an arcade style game inside the game, it really isn't. Just give the options to fly to a couple of planets, maybe show a cut scene flying there, then when there, give  the player the option to buy low at planet 1, and sell high at planet 2 or 3, etc. Once the player has enough money he buys something he needs to continue the game...

Iliya

I tottaly give up from making the arcades in my future games. About your idea with selling and buying things on the different planets - It's good, I'm thinking about it. Soon I will post a demo for Cosmos Quest III.

I don't think the arcade games have to be too easy, just not too hard, and be able to save before, during and after said arcade mini-game easily, so you don't get frustrated and give up.

neon

Is there any chance to leave the computer terminal?

Spoiler
I talked to Kohen about the spy pod, the i moved to the terminal automatically. I find now way to get out of there to read the poem again. If there is now way, could someone PM me the password? I have no save game.
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk