COSMOS QUEST II

Started by mags_don, Tue 13/05/2008 14:18:29

Previous topic - Next topic

shimbo

thank you kinavev

I am stuck again ggggrrr ::)

How can i climb the eminence to find  the indicator?

PS: Great game, though a bit harder but that doesnt matter as well  ;D
the bug ive found is in that alien ship´s room when you try to use locator it is all frozen

hansolo0

???  Sorry Kimanev, I do really like your game and probably shouldn't complain after all the effort I'm sure you put into it (I wish I could do what you do), But I do think your puzzles are too hard. (especially that mask as it relates to the code on your security card, not sure I'd have ever figured that out myself) I'll try saving at the asteroid stage, although I thought I had already,

Thanks!

shimbo

if you play the first part SQ1 then it is not as hard as it looks even though that asteroids minigame

good luck ;D ;D

Iliya

Thank you Shimbo. That's right. As I write in my website, my game is influenced by Space Quest. Do you remember sector HH in SQ1. This is the hard puzzle! :)

I really need support postings :) I'm sorry for the bug. Here is the hint:

Spoiler
Use the locator in the room with the eminence. When you use the locator in the different rooms you will see that the beep speed is different. And in the room with the eminence , the locator beeps fastest. That menas the you are close to something. So, go there, and stand at the center of the room and use locator. (look locator in the inventory window)
[close]

Quote from: shimbo on Thu 15/05/2008 09:47:49
thank you kinavev

I am stuck again ggggrrr ::)

How can i climb the eminence to find  the indicator?

PS: Great game, though a bit harder but that doesnt matter as well  ;D
the bug ive found is in that alien ship´s room when you try to use locator it is all frozen

marko33

Ok! i've tried breaking down the numbers by colum the shuttle still won't go! i give up :(

AdventureMan

To make it easier for you, write down all the 100 numbers on Kohen's ID card (The one he drops on the floor) on a piece of paper. Then you count from the start of the row up to the required number. (Number 9 on coloumn 3 as the first number). I hope that helped you on the way.  :).

Iliya

Marko, use the coordinates mask for PITLA from the map with the numbers on the Kohen's card. So if the one of the mask is |11:2| that means that one of the digit is located on the 11th column, 2nd row. So you have to colect 4 digits and input them in the shuttle. Then pull the lever and go.

Quote from: marko33 on Thu 15/05/2008 21:24:22
Ok! i've tried breaking down the numbers by colum the shuttle still won't go! i give up :(

hansolo0

??? Kinanev - I can't get away from the crab on the planet, and I don't know how to kill it? Thanks for the tip on saving at the asteroid save - but it only works by pushing f5 a million times, it won't work by selecting 'save' at the top of the screen...

Iliya

Hansolo,

Spoiler
You can't kill the crab. You have to escape. The only way to escape from the crab is to reach the room with the bush (west from the room with your shuttle pod), and to hide behind the bush. But be quick - don't lose any time. When you enter the new room when the crab follows you, click immideately with the walk icon to go to the next room. Here is the escape way:

- exit from the crab room
- then south (room with the bamboo)
- then south (room with your shuttle)
- then west (room with the bush)
- hide behind the bush

Dont forget to search the dead man when you enter the room with the crab. You have to take a locator from the dead man.
[close]

Quote from: hansolo0 on Fri 16/05/2008 10:09:25
??? Kinanev - I can't get away from the crab on the planet, and I don't know how to kill it? Thanks for the tip on saving at the asteroid save - but it only works by pushing f5 a million times, it won't work by selecting 'save' at the top of the screen...

hansolo0

??? Thanks again kinanew I think I'm stuck where rui is now, but if you were replying to him to 'go west' where the ship and bar are, I can't, and if not I don't know what to do. Also, like him, I sabotaged a ship , but can't do anything else ??

Is there anything I need to do with the telescope, or go somewhere on the beach with the crab, what about the rock that says "you need a lever"?

Ps how do you do spoiler / hidden text?

kesh

what is the password for the computer what is gazar's weakness

marko33

Quote from: kesh on Sat 17/05/2008 05:21:18
what is the password for the computer what is gazar's weakness
It's a acro look at all the first letters
mark

marko33

so if number=4 digits.. therefore i just need 4 numbers?
mark

Iliya

Hansolo,

Spoiler
If you sabotaged a ship, now you need the locator to find the place from where the dead man in the crab room comes from. Go in the crab room and seach the dead man. To escape from the crab - go in the room (west from the room with you shuttle pod) and hide behind the bush. The crab will go away. Use locator  to find the place. When you look the locator it strats to beep. Use that beeping. Faster beeps means that you are getting close.
[close]

Quote from: hansolo0 on Sat 17/05/2008 01:00:33
??? Thanks again kinanew I think I'm stuck where rui is now, but if you were replying to him to 'go west' where the ship and bar are, I can't, and if not I don't know what to do. Also, like him, I sabotaged a ship , but can't do anything else ??

Is there anything I need to do with the telescope, or go somewhere on the beach with the crab, what about the rock that says "you need a lever"?

Ps how do you do spoiler / hidden text?

hansolo0

:D Thanks kinanev ....the part that I think 'threw everyone' is [sblock] that you have to stand in the center of the 'scene' by the tall peak and then use the locator I was using it there but nothing happened, then I pieced it together from the other posts, Also near the end is it possible to kill all the raiders? If so does it change the ending? They appear to be to fast to get all 7!...[/sblock]

shimbo

it is not as hard as it looks, there are seven of them, so the first six enemy means ok, the last one is a bit harder but you can do it when you pressing mouse button all the time, you know that the last one "hero" is coming from left to right, try hitting your mouse even he appears

kinavev thank you for your second part of the whole story
itnwas really good experience for me
One tip for you: try it a bit simplier you know what i mean
By the way do you understand czech or slovak language?
if so then
Dobra praca chlape, len tak dalej 8) :P ;D ;D

Iliya

Congratulations Shimbo, maybe you are the first that reach the end of Cosmos Quest II. Now I'm creating Cosmos Quest III: The Mines of Isagor. Soon I will post a Demo for Cosmos Quest III.

Quote from: shimbo on Sat 17/05/2008 13:49:30
it is not as hard as it looks, there are seven of them, so the first six enemy means ok, the last one is a bit harder but you can do it when you pressing mouse button all the time, you know that the last one "hero" is coming from left to right, try hitting your mouse even he appears

kinavev thank you for your second part of the whole story
itnwas really good experience for me
One tip for you: try it a bit simplier you know what i mean
By the way do you understand czech or slovak language?
if so then
Dobra praca chlape, len tak dalej 8) :P ;D ;D

shimbo

Good luck i cannot wait for the next part ;) ;)

thumb up ;D

hansolo0

Hey kinanev great game overall...The music is the best thing by far followed closely by the graphics, feels very much like an SQ game.....Is there a way I can get all the music?

I would fix a couple of things though...

1. "it's stucked" should read "it's stuck"
2.  Let the player know for sure if trying certain things is a dead end or not,
     you did an ok job in some places but for example when dealing with the crab and
     such , after I got the locator and getting away I shouldn't be allowed back
     unless there was something else...maybe a message of "no point risking that crab
     again, nothing else there". The rock also should maybe have said "leaving no 
     stone unturned is a good idea, but there's nothing beneath this one but     
     moss...(unless I'm wrong here ) These are called false leads or "red herrings"

3.  It's hard to tell where you can go sometimes, you can't tell that you can actually go
     left / right/up/down when it doesn't look like you can and sometimes it looks   
     like you can go a certain way and it won't let you.

Unless anyone will tell me yes or no one way or the other if killing all 7 raiders at the end makes a difference, I will not try any more it's too hard. Especially the first 2 they move to fast to even get a shot off even knowing exactly where they're going to be.
Do they just keep flying by? At most I can get 6, it gives me the 'success' chime like I did something right, and I don't totally understand the ending, it seems sort of like a bad one?  Or if it has something to do with the crab and telescope, or moving the rock or doing more on the where the ship and bar than just sabotaging the ship????? I didn't get all 440 points....

Can't wait for part III. Part II was way better than I. When will III be out?

hansolo0

I would also fix:

4.  When restarting the game allow restore immediately, when pushing f7 or selecting at the top, I got tired of watching Apo walk and meet with the robot again and again.  Also allow save anywhere, it was difficult to do in the asteroid mini-game and at the very end I couldn't do it once the alien warned me, pressing f5 or select at top didn't work. I only mention this because there seems to be a glitch where sometimes he'll tell you right away they are coming (after swapping guns of course) and other times you have to wait forever! :o ???

Thanks

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk