Previous topic - Next topic

(deleted)

(deleted)

skuttleman

Is there an objective to this game?

(deleted)

(deleted)

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Heh, lil' bug - because I couldn't really understand the game mechanics in the very beginning, something silly happened, just a graphical glitch.

If you stand in front of the bed and jump, you don't get on top of the bed, and the message "Do you want to sleep?" appears and then disappears. So I kept jumping, never on the bed and always just on the floor, and hit Y when the message appeared. Naturally, when he animated getting in bed, he was not on the bed, so the sheets were off.

Only after the dream did I realize I could jump onto the bed.

EDIT - And, er, your GUI doesn't scroll along with the room? That's odd.

Also, could you please edit the image in the first post, turn it into a vertical-oriented image instead of horizontal? It really screws up the way the thread is displayed.

Can't really get into the game right now, but me likey. Visually very interesting.
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

(deleted)

(deleted)

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

QuoteBTW: GUI tackyness is deliberate.

Way kewl.

Kneel. Now.

zenassem

Looks Shnazzy! Reminds me of 'Noir' style comics

Iwill have to try it out.

TheJBurger

This game is surreal, and I mean that in the best way possible.

I've tried exploring and ended up dying a few times, and I still can't figure out what to do, but I don't think I am supposed to.

Marion

Interesting game ! Very strange but nice.
How did you make the backgrounds scroll at differents speeds ? It's great !

(deleted)

(deleted)

Marion

Thank you very much  :)
I will try this module in a future game !

miguel

Hi hofmeier,
just want to say that I've just downloaded and tried it out for some minutes and think the style and graphics are really interesting and well done. It's very artistic and surreal.
I can't wait to have a go at it with more time.
Congratulations.
Working on a RON game!!!!!

zenassem

I downloaded and played for a few minutes this morning, can't wait to get back to it. Not sure if i scored any real points yet, but i like the game with it's interesting pathways, and secret passages. Don't want to give too much a way. All I can say is very well done and i look foward to putting some real time into exploring this game.  :)

Dualnames

Been playing the game a lot. Two things. The game visually looking is superb. Especially the scrolling thing. However it must be said that total freedom without a purpose actually ruins the game.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Ermmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

...is there no way to save the game?

On a game that encourages freedom? ???

Kneel. Now.

zenassem

is anyone scoring points in this game? I am not going to give up too easily, but I am beginning to believe I am misinterpreting what I am suppose to do. And as of now I can't seem to find any new direction to go. I might have to open a hints post.  ???

Lyx

Exploration isn't about "being told what to do" - without being told what to do, there is no such thing "what you are supposed to do". You're the director.

zenassem

Quote from: Lyx on Mon 02/06/2008 23:17:59
Exploration isn't about "being told what to do" - without being told what to do, there is no such thing "what you are supposed to do". You're the director.

I'm not sure if I understand what you are saying, and if this reply was directly related to my post. But if it is...

A game , especially those that have points usually have objectives, and rewards (points) as you are progressing towards those objectives. This gives the player a sense of accomplishment and a sense they are doing something 'right'. Now I haven't even gotten 1 point in this game, so obviously I am feeling like I am not 'doing what I am suppose to' or progressing through any puzzles. I am all for exploration and 'trial by error/discovery' but all I am asking is... Am I suppose to be able to accomplish that in this game? Or, is it simply a demo illustrating platform gameplay and parallax scrolling? I don't want to try interpreting the dreams and looking for clues if there is no actual puzzles to solve.

(deleted)

(deleted)

Vince Twelve

Ha.  This was a fun diversion from my busy schedule.  I love the production design.  Typography, yay!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk