Previous topic - Next topic

Babar

My college is so awesome:

...if you're gay.

......or into gangbangs.
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Nacho

Weird... Is there a reason? Or just "I am older than you, do what I say, full stop!"?
Are you guys ready? Let' s roll!

Darth Mandarb

I am trying to figure out why this would be enacted ... what possible reason would the administration have for this?

Did something happen on campus (a rape or something) and the school was sued?

That just doesn't add up ... could it be somebody's idea of a joke perhaps?

Babar

Reason?!

They are the administration. Since when do they need a reason?
If anyone dared to ask, I guess they'd mention something about prevention of rampant babby making....which didn't really exist before, anyhow.

Apparently one of the college higher-ups literally stumbled across a couple late into the evening. They even got fined. I'd take a picture of the fine notice, but that was removed too fast. Maybe they realised it was too absurd. A fine for holding hands, fine for hugging, etc.

Oliwerko

Now this is one of the most out-of-sight-of-normal-imagination things I have ever seen. Does it mean you cannot talk to a girl alone, even when you are in class?
Man, that is truly awesome.

Do they want you to wear coats in summer not to show your body almost naked, you know, short sleeves and stuff?

Radiant

Congratulations! Your school wins the Dolores Umbridge award for Idiotic Governance!

Nacho

Sorry to bringt this back (It's curiosity, mainly, not "arguing desires"), but... Babar, which percentage of guilt has the "religious" stuff have to see in decissions like this one your college took? I' ve seen the notice is in English... are you in an English College?

evenwolf

Man, this is actually something I could imagine getting picked up by the "funny but true" media stories.

Is there no movement to like.... protest.   A big sex orgy etc?   Thatll show em.

"I drink a thousand shipwrecks.'"

Babar

Heh...there would generally be more than 2 people in class at a time, so I don't think that is a problem. Although they are incredibly insane about such things as hair-length, correct-shadeness of grey pants, and facial hair.

Yea, nacho, I am in an English college, although I could probably give them a few pointers in their writing style...I mean, "..STRICTLY FORBIDDEN IN THE COLLEGE PREMISES AT ALL HOURS, INCLUDING CLASS ROOMS, LABS..."?

It'd be funny if religious stuff is the reasoning behind this, considering how much homosexuality is going on, and how this would add to that situation (I know it might be politically incorrect to say that, and I know that people say that it is not something that one 'chooses', but when someone doesn't have opportunity to do one thing, they do another).

Edit: heh...great idea, evenwolf. I shall show them! I shall go and individually talk to every girl in college in private! That'll show them! I'll even shake a few hands! ;D

evenwolf

I just can't imagine a college campus without MALE-FEMALE CONVERSATIONS IF NEED ARISES WOULD SHALL BE FORTHWITH ETC.

I mean... to some people that's all college is.  What a disaster.
"I drink a thousand shipwrecks.'"

Nacho

So, it's "This guys can' t see a kiss because they are posh teachers with a wood of sweeps in the asshole" more than "they can' t see a kiss because they are Islamics", no? Somehow I feel a stupid prejudicer now... ^_^

Anyways... It's silly.

Please, Babar, paint two nipples in both "OO" in "ROOMS"... Then the notice would really be AWESOME!

Darth Mandarb

The thing I find most silly about this is that, just by human nature alone, when you tell somebody they cannot do a thing it only makes them want to do it that much more!

Make it taboo and watch people flock to it!

It's like smoking and drinking age limits here in the states ... high school kids think they are soooooo cool when they drink because they aren't supposed to be doing it and it's become some kind of "cool" badge to wear.

I can't speak for the nature of the students at your school ... but if they're anything like the students I've been exposed to this notice will only serve to backfire badly in the administration's face!

Quote from: Nacho on Tue 03/06/2008 18:10:16Please, Babar, paint two nipples in both "OO" in "ROOMS"... Then the notice would really be AWESOME!

Yes do that!  Hilarious!

Disco

Oh come on, they are just trying to save your soul is all. You can't be trusted to save it on your own.

I've had similar run-ins to these types of rules at a church camp (in Wisconsin, USA) one summer in junior high. The rules were not that strict but individual counselors would try to split up boy/girl "couples" at times. When a friend and I were enjoying an ice cream while watching baseball from a distance, we were approached by a counselor and asked if we were related.

When we said we were just friends/longtime neighbours, she told us that "We would prefer that you would not talk to each other alone", because we might perhaps fornicate in the middle of a busy church camp with lots of activities going on. We were seriously isolated by like 20-30 yards or so, and that was a problem.

There were some other asinine rules and rationalisations that week, for instance when boys had time to swim in the lake for two hours, the  girls could be anywhere on the grounds, but when it was time for girls the boys had to be organised into an activity that was on the other side of the camp. The explanation for this was that boys are attracted by sight, and girls are attracted ONLY by touch, so seeing someone in swimgear would mean nothing unless they were holding hands or something (exact example given btw).

Babar

Hah! Well, it has had one immediate reaction of having this couple now talking to each other across the field (via mobile) instead of face to face next to each other on a bench. That is another funny sight I wish I had photographed.

Nacho

When I was in first course in my college, somebody had the risky idea of giving me the microphone during the party the veteran students organised for gathering money for the last course trip (Risky idea, basically because I was drunk).

I had the idea of organising an auction, auctioning a date with good looking teachers.

When nobody was offering a buck for the Legislation teacher, I said "Come on... I would pay a million for having a date with a lady with this nice pair of boobs!" Some teachers scandalized, but nothing serious happened to me, to be honest.

What would happen is you do something similar in your college Babar?

Evil

There's a local college that has banned sex on campus. The fine for possessing alcohol (even underage) is around $20. But, if you're caught having sex it's a fine of $200. A very strange cost difference.

At my university there have been a lot of attacks and rapes on college girls just outside of campus. They've advised everyone to travel in groups. This sort of situation would be the only situation where some sort of group study requirement would be legit, but people would still have a huge fit about it.

Very ridiculous.

LimpingFish

I can understand banning sexual acts on campus grounds. I can just about understand discouraging sexual relations occurring within dorms.

But forbidding casual male/female interaction on a one-to-one basis? At all times?

Puritanical insanity.

Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Pumaman

But don't you realise, if you spend even one minute alone with a woman, it can't end in any other way than with a night of steamy passion.

LimpingFish

Quote from: Pumaman on Tue 03/06/2008 20:45:37
But don't you realise, if you spend even one minute alone with a woman, it can't end in any other way than with a night of steamy passion.

I've obviously been hanging out with the wrong women. :'(
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

MrColossal

no, she just ends up slapping your face after 59 seconds exactly.
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk