New RON Game: "The Purity of the Surf!"

Started by Dave Gilbert, Sat 18/01/2003 07:26:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Gilbert

Hi all, just a quick post to announce my new RON game: "The Purity Of The Surf!"

Become Josh Beachcomber, the ultimate beach bum, as he struggles to raise enough money to enter and win the annual Reality Surfing Contest.

Features:

- Over 20 cool surf rock tunes.
- A number of nifty animations (and cheap sight gags)
- Your favorite RON characters in skimpy swimsuits! Woo-hoo!

You can find the game at http://www.davelgil.com/ags/Surf.zip

Enjoy!  :)

Nostradamus

Cool!

Great to see a game from you again!

Is this the completed version of the Beach RON game?

Dave Gilbert

Yep!  I changed the name from "RON Beach Party" for the obvious reason that it's a pretty stupid title.  :)

Nostradamus

I don't know about that, it was a cool name. But Purity of the Surf is better.

Very cool game!

magintz

I love it, it's so great.

But i'm stuck :P

I need £25 bucks for the surf contest
When I was a little kid we had a sand box. It was a quicksand box. I was an only child... eventually.

Dave Gilbert

Hi, this puzzle is slightly obscure.  But I get to do my first hide-the-text-spoiler thing.  Cool!

Spoiler
When you ask Melt & Drake for money, they refer to the "hemp" that they are smoking.  What do you have that contains hemp?
[close]

cornjob

Very nice. I'll get it up on the site soon.

Timosity

Man this is a great game, I'm really enjoying it.

I'm stuck at the moment, but I'll try again tomorrow, I don't want any hints yet.

Just thought I'd let you know

Matt Brown

yeah, this is a good ron game. I too am also stuck, but after the total humiliation on the rr3 thread, I won't ask for help.
word up

Timosity

That's it, I'm well and truly stuck

can I please have a small hint

Spoiler
I have the fish and the pepperoni and it doesn't stick to the fish

I dealt drugs for money and payed off my first bit of money

Can't work out how to get cleaning stuff from store, I think i need it to separate the guy from his mum

I don't want to give too much away if people read this, but is there a small hint you can give to get me back on track, I can't figure out anything more to do and I feel I've tried everything, maybe there is a screen that is hard to find or something, like the beach cliff
[close]

Fuzzpilz

Timosity:

Spoiler
You need to apply something else to the fish before the pepperoni will stick. Also, the fish is the wrong colour.

You need a container to get that out of the store. The plastic cup from the Realizer can't be used, but it's good for something else that has to do with this.
[close]

Timosity

Thanks Fuzzpilz,

I finished the game

Spoiler
All I needed was the cup, I figured the rest out quickly after that, That damn little cup, i'd tried to get it earlier but nothing happened, I just figured it was part of the scenery, I didn't click low enough, oh well
[close]

DaveGilbert

Awesome game, I loved the whole surf character and theme, It's the first surfing Adventure game I've played, I wish I came up with that idea.

I enjoyed every part of the game, I did find a bug I think

Spoiler
In the surf contest, i tried the radio on the first dude and the game shut down and gave me a message to tell chris
[close]

Dave Gilbert

Spoilers:

Spoiler
Was the radio set to the correct frequency at the time?  That scene is very animation-heavy, so sometimes it crashes when another element is added (like the radio feedback playing), especially on slower computers.  I know on my computer, using the radio on Thakbor in either "state" works fine.  I tried it on my parent's older computer and sometimes it would crash, but setting the resolution to 320 x 200 did the trick.
[close]

Timosity

I just retried after resetting my computer and it didn't crash, so it was just my computer.

another thing

Spoiler
not really a bug but you can get another bottle from the alley and fill it in the store again, doesn't effect game play and in real life it is possible so it probably doesn't matter
[close]

Dave Gilbert

Yep, I realized that but I didn't change it for that very same reason.

Nostradamus

need help:

Spoiler
How do I beat Gower in the surf contest?  I understand it has to do with changing the radio frequency to what's written on the note right? but I just can't understand how to do it. I tryed using the remote on the radio - didn't work, using the note on Gower - didn't work, the remote on Gower - didn't work, the radio on Gower - didn't work, a sledgehammer on my computer - didn't work... so how do I do it?

(note: the last action I spoke of did *NOT* actually happen  ;D)
[close]

Fuzzpilz

Spoiler

Use the radio on the note on the wall beside the door of the Yahtzeebrand store. Use the radio on Gower.
[close]

Relight

Well I'll just avoid the spoilers here, having not yet finished the game (I resolved never for hints / walkthroughs again), and say to Dave: This is amazing Dave!  You consistantly put out the best RON games ever :)  I am very much enjoying my way through this game.

Flippy_D

Ugh. Stuck.

Spoiler

Items: Spotty brown fish, slip of paper, retuned radio, house deed, tan lotion, detergent in a glass bottle. What now? I thought I would obviously be using the detergent on the old lady's rug (wool??) but I can't. I have paid off $25 and got the cat down from the tree, I have given the batteries to that women.
[close]

RSVP :)

Dave Gilbert

Urg, seems if anyone gets stuck, it's here.

Spoiler

There's a spot on the map that you can go to - you might have missed it.  On the far left of the screen, there's an area of the mountain that stands out from the rest.  You can go there.

And you should be able to use the detergent-in-a-bottle on the wool.  
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk