MODULE: GuiPortrait v1.00: Show Sierra portraits on a GUI

Started by SSH, Wed 02/07/2008 11:19:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Knox

--All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.

Knox

Hi SSH,

Just wanted to know if I can replace the following line #89 (Portrait_AnimSpeed=this.AnimationSpeed) to (Portrait_AnimSpeed=this.SpeechAnimationDelay) within my copy of your script:

Code: ags

function GSay(this Character *,  String what,  int view,  int loop) 
{
    if (view<1) view=this.SpeechView;
    Portrait_Frame=0;
    Portrait_Loop=loop;
    Portrait_View=view;
    //Portrait_AnimSpeed=this.AnimationSpeed;
    Portrait_AnimSpeed=this.SpeechAnimationDelay;

Id rather modify the speed of the speech with the speech animation delay rather than the character's movement speed.

SSH

Do it and I'll sue  ;D

Sure, go ahead. Do you think that this should be changed in my version, too?

Knox

haha! ;D

Nah, unless other peeps want to...Ill just do it to my copy :P

Thanks!!

Knox

Sorry for the double post but if I just edited my last post perhaps it wouldnt get noticed.

So far the caveats are:

Lip-synch not supported
Thinking views not supported

Again, I might be wrong, but it seems to me that delays that are set for each frame within the speech views seem to be ignored...is that possible? I mean, I can see it animate fine with all  the proper delays in the preview, and if I use .Say...but if I use GSay, those delays seem to be set to 0, or just bypassed/not taken into account (?).

Try making a view where one of the frames has a delay set to something noticebly long (like 120, for example)...its *seems* to me, anyway, that the delay will be ignored.

Anyways, perhaps if you have time you can check this out? Maybe Im doing something wrong :P

SSH

On looking at the code, the speech view should include each frame delay (Portrait_Counter=Portrait_AnimSpeed+Portrait_vf.Speed+1;) but I probably didn't test that so there may be a problem (e.g. it uses the previous or next frame's speed is one I could imagine)

Another issue is, though, that it perhaps ignores the speed for blink frames.

Knox

Ahh, thats it...I checked it out, it is for the blink view!

So, is this another "caveat" or can something be done to add delays on frames for blink views?

:)

Priabudiman

i find my portrait are displayed behind GUI, ive tried to download the script here but the compiler give me an error

Code: ags
GuiPortrait.asc(24): Error (line 24): Undefined token 'gPortrait' 

i assume AGS hasnt fixed this problem and the script are outdated?

Khris

The download includes a *.guf file; that's a GUI you need to import into your game. The GUI will have the script name "gPortrait", which will resolve the error you got.

shaun9991

Sorry to drag up an older post. If using this module, is there some way of auto-numbering speech lines? Can speech (as in voice acting) be used at all on custom speech gui's like this?

Many thanks,
Shaun
Support Cloak and Dagger Games on Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/user?u=460039

Blue Bee

Sorry for bumping this but does anyone have a working download link for this module? The original link seems to be broken and I can't find any copies anywhere.

Thanks

Crimson Wizard

And again (for the second time, I guess) I suggest making a central repository for AGS scripting modules (especially lost ones) :).

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk