Colour Wise

Started by .M.M., Thu 31/07/2008 14:47:03

Previous topic - Next topic

.M.M.

Yes, it is really hard to describe how to finish this game, but maybe someone...? ::)
I´m stuck in 6th level in story mode (Toll bridge) but I can´t solve it! I tried almost everything- without any effect.

bicilotti

Quote from: Mirek on Thu 31/07/2008 14:47:03
Yes, it is really hard to describe how to finish this game, but maybe someone...? ::)
I´m stuck in 6th level in story mode (Toll bridge) but I can´t solve it! I tried almost everything- without any effect.

Spoiler
►►◄▼▼▼► and then pick up all the +!
[close]

edit: thanks akatosh

Akatosh

Quote from: bicilotti on Fri 01/08/2008 06:25:19
Spoiler
rrldddr and then pick up all the +!
[close]

Here are some characters that might come in handy:

►◄▲▼

;)

(ALT+16, 17, 30 or 31, respectively)

.M.M.

Thanks! :D
and, by the way, it is a really great game  ;)

voh

And guh, I'm stuck in level 20: Regular. I've tried every combination I could imagine, but the closest I've gotten was having the correct colour and being 4 places away with only 2 of those retread-powerups... :(
Still here.

bicilotti

Quote from: voh on Sat 02/08/2008 16:27:13
And guh, I'm stuck in level 20: Regular. I've tried every combination I could imagine, but the closest I've gotten was having the correct colour and being 4 places away with only 2 of those retread-powerups... :(

During the beta testing of CW, when I saw "CodeJunkie" as level creator I started crying. Ok, first, subtle, hint

Spoiler
Dont let the shape of the level fool you!
[close]

Second, not so subtle hint

Spoiler
The level is made by four "squares". To solve it you have to enter in only one of them.
[close]

Third hint:

Spoiler
the square you need to enter is the rightmost one.
[close]

Hope that helps, if not post again!

voh

Unbelievable, but that did the trick. I was going "This doesn't change anything! I'll never get it!" and then I found the solution.

*facepalms*
Still here.

legaer

I love this game, I find it very relaxing... except that I'm totally stuck on this level: Sweets: I just can't see any combination that makes yellow!!
Anyone got past this one who can give me a clue?

bicilotti

Quote from: legaer on Wed 06/08/2008 03:22:53
I love this game, I find it very relaxing... except that I'm totally stuck on this level: Sweets: I just can't see any combination that makes yellow!!
Anyone got past this one who can give me a clue?

Tell me the level number and I might able to help!

legaer

Thanks for your offer of help: Sweets is level 27.

CodeJunkie

legaer:
Spoiler
Touch the light blue block first
[close]
Spoiler
2 of the blocks are red herrings
[close]

legaer

Just wanted to say thanks! That did the trick!

Ghost

Er... "Starship Poseidon", in the "Clever Hacks" expansion... any hints?

bicilotti

Well, I'm pretty sure you realise

Spoiler
the first thing to do is to turn YELLOW
[close]

Then let me just say that

Spoiler
you need just 3 out of the 4 blocks (after the yellow gates) to complete the level.
[close]

If you want that straight

Spoiler
turn yellow, merge with the two cubes (first the leftmost one), take only one reverse earthquake and go back home to merge one more time and win the game!
[close]

Ghost

Ah. Did I ever mention that I still have L and R painted on my shoes... Thanks, got it!

Dualnames

Quote from: Ghost on Wed 26/11/2008 09:09:04
Er... "Starship Poseidon", in the "Clever Hacks" expansion... any hints?

Starship Poseidon? That feels weird if its randomly named..have I heard this before..? Either ways thanks for the homage.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

ThreeOhFour

Congratulations, Misters Bicilotti + Mazoliin. The combined force of your intellectual powers (in the form of level 33 - Space) have overcome me and I yield.

I do not know how many times I have tried this level, it is somewhere between "A lot" and "F#$king heaps". What I do know is that a solution is not apparent, nor is it forthcoming. This frustrates me.

I can get through the part that requires a cubecraft of either yellow or red hue to bypass with my lovely yellow cubecraft, however once passing this barrier seem unable to combine the 3 blocks you have provided me with in a manner that leaves my cubecraft pink in hue, as the level seems to require.

I have searched for an alternate manner to bypass this barrier - namely attempting to bypass it in a cubecraft of red hue rather than yellow but remain unable to achieve this.

Please help me so I can swear at the later levels as well, instead of running out of swearwords to use on this one. If you could provide a subtle hint as to where I am going wrong, that would be lovely, otherwise smack me in the face with a blatant and explicitly outlined description of my required motions, humiliating me and completing your victory in the process.

I remain your humiliated fanboy,

Ben304

(Ps, I think this is the first time I've ever had to post in here for a hint. How humiliating!  :-[)

Dualnames

Hahahaaha..funniest post ever.. So that I can swear on the later levels? Hahaha.. you cracked me up Ben..
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

bicilotti

Rejoyce Ben, for I bring you hints!

Hint 1:
Spoiler
You've reached the point there you have to make an important decision, red or yellow? I'd say red.
[close]

Hint 2:
Spoiler
Now, only three blocks from red to victory: you have to use all of them!
[close]

Hint 3:
Spoiler
Not sure yet? Try to pick the changeblock-powerup and use it before merging with the other cubes.
[close]

Solution:
Spoiler
after passing the gate with red hue: pick changeblock, us it on the blue block, merge with orange and then with the former blue block (now indigo).
[close]

When I first saw this level from Mazoliin I was very pleased, the ending expecially was very elegant, with only three blocks.

Let me know if that helped you!

bicilotti

Fool me, I didn't realise you weren't able to turn red (how embarassing)!

Hints reloaded:

hint1
Spoiler
Lime, Lime, to start
[close]

hint2
Spoiler
then Yellow, and you'll get far
[close]

hint3
Spoiler
Carrot next,