Ben Jordan: Le Chateaux Macabre movie

Started by , Mon 25/08/2008 18:24:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

The award for most alcohol product placement in a film goes to...

Privateer Puddin'

Darth Mandarb

DRAT I'm at work!

Will watch when I get home ... can't wait to see it!

Pet Terry

Hahaha, that's amazing! I like how people in my school might spend MONTHS on short films that turn out to be 5 minutes long in the end, whereas you managed over 30 minutes in a WEEK. And to be honest, this film is so much better than most short films that get produced in my school. Fantastic work, m0ds and everyone! If you ever put this on dvd, I'll have a copy, please.
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

Adamski

Haha, Davy you are my favourite thing about this film. I need a beer, me!

Edit: Oh oh, Mills you almost steal it from Davy though, you creepy man you.

DutchMarco

I haen't watched the whole film yet but I already love it! But I already know that some bits of my acting which I'd like to have done differently, I'm hard to please (particularly by myself ;D). But I'm amazed that you've done such a good job on such short notice, I suppose I could have expected such a good job in editing with your experience in doing that.

I must say the scene where I fall into the river was very nicely done (talking about your editing, my own acting does come up for some self-criticism, that stupid fat grin on my face does seem quite out of place given the part).

I originally felt that the plot where the ancestor died there was a bit cliched, but if you want to prevent all cliches, get a paid scriptwriter! It did work beautifully for this film though.

Oh, and Bob (and the rest who were by the river or elsewhere talking to Ben) thanks for your kind words :)

So Mark, I'd like to close off by telling you my judgment on this film (and the process of making it): het was zo mooi.

So, any ideas yet for Miamittens09? If we start coming up with script-ideas soon it might even work out better than this (can perfection be betterred?)  And having just watched the whole movie, I'd like to ay that these were some fablous acting performances by all of you, ladies and gents. And the last special effect is also beautifully done, it worked better than I dared hope for)
But I still find it slightly ironic that Radiant's character was named Claude, while his real name is Pieter whixch is obviously much more similar to Pierre, so we'd have had Jean-Pierre  talking to Pierre (that acting looked almost professional guys!), not an uncommon occurrence in France, esp. not over some wine.
Oh and I also loved the humour in there. Shame I couldn't quite hear Davy and Ryan's comment "So, you're the Englishman?" "Yes" "You sleep in the cellar". That was a great ad-lib gents!

Creed Malay

Oh man, some of my acting is TERRIBLE! :( I seem to do pretty well except when I'm actually trying to act. :( Every one else is well awesome, though. Hooray for every one else!
Mark, this is really amazing, never thought it could look quite this good, or hang so well together for something we pretty much made up on the go. Much kudos, matey! :D How come Ryan don't get a front credit though? :P He's definetly a major character.
Favorite scenes - Marco's and Lorena's scenes, the Tipy bar scene climax, the finale(s).
Mobile Meat Machines - Comics of Animals and Education! - http://meatmachines.livejournal.com/

Becky

Haha, excellent work!

Also -
Quotepartly because he was laying on the accent too thick
- that -is- his accent!  And we love him for it :D

Creed Malay

I'm not *quite* as geordie as Bob. :P
Mobile Meat Machines - Comics of Animals and Education! - http://meatmachines.livejournal.com/

Pumaman

Haha great work m0ds, I can't believe how quickly you've edited this all together. It all works really well -- great job.  If there's any way the sound can be rebalanced for the final version to bring out the voices more that'd be excellent.

Great acting everyone, Mills you're a legend ;)

QuoteAnd what's with Percival's silly walk? ^_^

Yeah um it was supposed to be a quick drunken stumble but turned into a scene from Monty Python.
Ah well, Percival Q. Jones is always a bit of a mystery.

Grundislav

That was amazing!  It was a real pleasure to see all the seemingly random scenes come together to make a damn impressive movie.  Of course, M0ds is a pretty great director, so it's no wonder it came out as quality as it did.

I'm eagerly awaiting the gag reel, we have some pretty funny stuff on there.  :)

One minor gripe: You misspelled my last name in the opening credits!  :P

Becky

That is such a lie!

LimpingFish

The booze! The random donkey! Davy's beer craving and fashionable hat! The notepads! The nudity!

If you see only one Mittens-made movie this year, make sure it's this one. Two thumbs thrust skyward!
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Chrille

Haha, that's fantastic, Mark. Real impressive how you managed to put that all together so fast. The ending was just brilliant.
Spoiler
Awesome work on the explosion.
[close]

So fun to see almost everyone in there. CJ's part as Quentin Jones was great and a surprise as I didn't know he was in it. Hell, there were many people I was surprised to see.
GASPOP software
http://www.gaspop.com

vict0r

This was an awesome movie, and I'm in awe of everyone who helped make this movie in such a short notice! The acting was also brilliant, and there were only a few times where I actually noticed some "weird" moments with the script/acting. A very professional and absolutely entertaining movie! :D

I now also hate myself for not coming to mittens...

QuoteI like how people in my school might spend MONTHS on short films that turn out to be 5 minutes long in the end, whereas you managed over 30 minutes in a WEEK. And to be honest, this film is so much better than most short films that get produced in my school. Fantastic work, m0ds and everyone!

As I have media as my major, I can second this... I'm embarrassed on how long we spend on making movies that are absolutely horrible compared to this one-week work of awesome!

QuoteIf you ever put this on dvd, I'll have a copy, please.

One here as well, please.

Frodo

Interesting wee film.  I enjoyed it.   :)
Nice work Mods.   8)

Tuomas

Pretty neat, I must say. Makes me sad for not being able to be there. Also, the castle looks like a really nice place, though a bit creepy ;)

Stupot

LEGENDARY!!!  Well done everyone involved.  I've got such a grin on my face after watching that.  I'm SO there next year.

Quote from: Creed

It was good listening practice.  I'm moving to Newcastle for Uni next month, so I'll be surroonded bah Geordies, like... why aye man, Byker Grove.

We'll have to meet up for a swig Davy :)

Darth Mandarb

Just watched it ... hilarious!

Really good stuff!

Domino

Simply Amazing!!!

Domino wants more!!!

Spoiler
Way to go DISCO
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk