MODULE: KeySwap v2.00-Create hotkeys that can be changed by user..

Started by Dualnames, Wed 03/09/2008 09:36:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Dualnames

KeySwap  v2.00 Module Script Header

Author: James Spanos (Dualnames)

Abstract: Remember all those cool games that you can change the controls , then exit,
           and still the controls remain the way you changed them? You can do the same.

Dependencies:
   AGS 3.1 or later(probably backwards compatible up to 3.0)

Revision History:
  Sep 08: v1.0  First release of KeySwap module
  Dec 08: v2.0

Download:
Click

Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Makeout Patrol

Good god thank you for this. This should be required in every AGS game now that users don't need to spend hours coding it.

Dualnames

Quote from: Makeout Patrol on Wed 03/09/2008 16:57:40
Good god thank you for this. This should be required in every AGS game now that users don't need to spend hours coding it.

Thanks a lot..
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Dualnames

Well, an update. It now should definetely be more user friendly. I'm also including two basic GUIS. Totally basic.

Dualnames

Well, this was just added here. Due to the fact that its previous version of AGS that it was built in, didn't recognize much of the keys, the version needs a certain update, which 
I'm planning to give to it ASAP. ;)

Dualnames

Quote from: Ruben654 on Mon 27/04/2009 20:10:34
how do you use it ???

Well, all you need to do is follow the instructions inside the script header.

Ruben654

but now it says Error run 'game_start': Error: null pointer not referenced
and it points at line 41 of the keyswap module

Dualnames

Quote from: Ruben654 on Tue 26/05/2009 15:54:57
but now it says Error run 'game_start': Error: null pointer not referenced
and it points at line 41 of the keyswap module

loadbut = listofkeys.Controls[buttoncount].AsButton;

Listofkeys is a gui instance, apparently it probably doesn't have any button on it, or you haven't set it properly.
If you open the script you'll see a very large commented area, I suggest taking your time to read it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk