Stick Ninja in Crappy Cartoon World

Started by Valdorox, Tue 05/01/2010 08:34:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Valdorox

B.L.C. AKA Valdorox presents:

Stick Ninja in Crappy Cartoon World

The never-to-be-released release of the first demo.
Don’t let the name fool you, I’ve worked on this for roughly 17-18 months

Download link at the bottom

The ‘Entire’ Story So Far:

The nameless ninja *returns* in his first game as The Stick Ninja.

The story starts after Stick Ninja gets off the phone with his inconspicuously mortal employer, Zagan Smith. Stick Ninja is angry at being told that he needs time off to ‘speculate on future prospects’ as his employer puts it. Stick Ninja leaves his apartment for some fresh air in the exhaust-riddled backstreets of Newcityville. But because he doesn’t read the forums, little does he know that he is about to embark on a somewhat confusing-yet-funny-but-droll-sometimes-however-also-epic adventure in the inaccurately named ‘Crappy Cartoon Land’.

Stick Ninja meets a variety of characters and sees many locations of which he has little interest despite the time taken to create them. With a gun in his face and a smirk on his pocket, this tongue-in-cheek 2D stud struts his stuff in a strange land, but will he help save it? Or destroy it because it’s fun to blow stuff up…

…or conversely, will he kill himself hundreds of times by using seemingly innocent objects on himself?

SNiCCW when complete will boast:

• Huge sandbox world with many MANY places to visit each containing hundreds of FUN and not boring puzzles.
  • Ability to change the story the player follows by their actions, without affecting the sandbox aspect.
  • Decent resolution and hand crafted graphics for that home-cooked but enjoyable feel.
  • Clever inventory and other systems such as stats, similar to an rpg type adventure but without tedious training.
  • Unrestricted adult content such as violence but both mature and immature humour for all audiences.
  • Ability to do all the strange things you wanted to see in other games but were stopped by messages such as “Why would I touch the fire, that would hurt!” or “I don’t want to chop that person to pieces with my sword!”, these unnecessary messages are not present in this game, as animations will be made for every possible combination that should have them.
  • Highly detailed interactions with the environment and small details such as door knocking will be included for maximum enjoyment.
  • Uncountable interesting objects for hoarders to find. Each with many hundreds of uses, most of which will result in mature content or some other awesome thing
  • many more boastables coming soon

Screenies:

Progress:

Story: 50%
Scripting: 30%
Graphics: 10%
Sound: 40%
Music: 50%
Documentation: 60%

Expected completion date: Indefinate, probably never as I’ll be studying games design at college and may not have time to work on side projects like this. To be honest I never intended to release this but my friends kept telling me they loved it so… thought I’d upload it.

Development Notes

something/something/2009
have not worked on this for ages, gave it another go and added several animations and completely re-did the inventory, it no-longer has the ‘pack’ icon which you click, instead, there is a tiny arrow on the left of the screen which opens a really tight-packed inventory on a strip, clicking the arrow again closes this.

something/something/2009
Added ability to shoot the ground in some locations for slight epicality increase.

5/Jan/2010
Registered for forum because I kind of owe AGS for helping me pass an interview for a top-notch games design college, also added this post with download link for the older demo from early 2009.
Tweaked hara-kiri sword death animation due to a stray blob of black in 1 frame. Will zip and release updated demo within couple of weeks if I work on it some more, however I’m not entirely motivated at the moment.

Download
http://www.filemonster.net/en/file/14981/SNiCCW-DEMO-rar.html
Password: oh snap
(THIS DEMO IS NOT THE CURRENT VERSION AND MANY GLITCHES AND SPELLING MISTAKES ARE CORRECTED IN THE CURRENT VERSION)

Please leave some feedback, I have no idea what people think of this other than what my friends have said.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk