A New Danger (Sequel to A Night to Remember) - NEW SCREENSHOT 10.13.09

Started by Ethan D, Wed 30/09/2009 05:24:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Dualnames

Quote from: Snake on Wed 14/10/2009 15:35:47
Oh, and Duals, shut up and finish your damn game already. Graphics don't make the game. I love your art for H2G2.

Okay,point taken

*Takes Snakes gun off his face*
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Ethan D

Ethan, I know you've finished some more scripting and such, so you might as well go ahead and update your first post now that this is ready to go again :D

I did make some progress in scripting but at the same time I have added another feature to the game which will take significant scripting so while I was at probably 34-36% it is back down to around 30.  It'll be worth it though.

markbilly

Quote from: Dualnames on Wed 14/10/2009 17:12:07
Oh, and Duals, shut up and finish your damn game already. Graphics don't make the game. I love your art for H2G2.

Okay,point taken

*Takes Snakes gun off his face*

You are always saying how others can draw better than you! You may not get everything looking perfect, but your art certainly doesn't lack imagination! Surely that is what matters most?

On the subject of imagination, Snake's graphics look great! I like how the lighting and uniqueness of each scene has clearly been important...

I must get round to playing the first one of these, the graphics for that weren't bad, either! :)

Mordalles

This is looking great, guys! I love the backgrounds. Lovely details. Such a great style. looking forward to the game!

"It's a fairy! She's naked! Curse these low-res graphics!" - Duty and Beyond

Scarab

Quote from: Ethan Damschroder on Wed 14/10/2009 18:35:54
while I was at probably 34-36% it is back down to around 30. 

When did you start working on the game? Just out of curiousity, and to guage an estimate of completion.

Peace 8)
Scarab

Ethan D

Quote from: Scarab on Thu 15/10/2009 14:33:42
When did you start working on the game? Just out of curiousity, and to guage an estimate of completion.

I started writing the story for this game the day that I released ANTR.  I have probably been scripting for a month maybe two though I can't be sure.  (Sorry for the terrible estimate) I'm quite a bit ahead of the art at this point so it will probably be finished around the time that all of the art is done, unless of course I get stuck on something.  I'm also going to be testing this one more carefully than the last cause I rushed through that step last time and missed quite a few bugs.

Scarab

well, when it comes to beta time... you know who to call ;D

Scarab

Indosity

Playing Night To Remember now and it is good. Next one should be good too.

arj0n

NsMn

Ethan D

Quote from: Scarab on Fri 16/10/2009 08:04:27
well, when it comes to beta time... you know who to call ;D

Scarab

Quote from: [ Arj0n ] on Mon 19/10/2009 10:45:07
Here's another one

Quote from: NsMn on Mon 19/10/2009 12:17:24
I shalt be part of ye beta testers three.

Wow, its nice to not have to post asking for testers.  I'll be sure to keep you all in mind when testing time rolls around.

GreenBoy

Quote from: Scarab on Fri 16/10/2009 08:04:27
you know who to call ;D

GHOSTBUSTERS!!! De lala de de

Looks like an interesting game Ethan, I'm looking forward to it.

PuNKKoMmANDO77

Timo.

Great to see your sequel up and running.
It looks totally different from 'A Night to Remember', but I do hope that you would keep its style (considering that the protagonist is still Nathan Carter). Really liked the storyline for the first game (the horror and what-not) so I would definitely hope to see it in this sequel as well. Oh, and Snake's art is SICK. With this kind of art, your graphics ratings are going to soar. ;)

Anyway, (I feel kind of stupid and awkward now) but I would also like to play-test A New Danger before you officially release it, together with arjon and the other guys who also stated above. It would be a privilege.

Cheers.
Smile :]

Snake

Taeyang, please do not bump older threads. Ethan hasn't updated this since last October. Please, next time in a similar instance, contact them by Private Messege.
Grim: "You're making me want to quit smoking... stop it!;)"
miguel: "I second Grim, stop this nonsense! I love my cigarettes!"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk