Kingdom O' Magic (Remake) --- Updated

Started by Revonx, Tue 16/09/2008 04:34:26

Previous topic - Next topic

m0ds

Nice idea! I'd love to play the full version of the original though before I play this :) I loved the original demo. Will your game have all the 3D cutscenes, remade or ripped?

Revonx

Quote from: Mods on Sun 26/10/2008 18:05:41
Nice idea! I'd love to play the full version of the original though before I play this :) I loved the original demo. Will your game have all the 3D cutscenes, remade or ripped?
I'd love to say remade, but I'm afraid they WILL be ripped. Damn my laziness! I offer you a great amount of luck in trying to get the original game to run on your computer, it is a very incompatible game for any machine running under XP or Vista or any modern apple. Thankyou for taking an interest. ;D

Revonx.

Revonx

Short in game video uploaded, briefly showing a few features of the game. Please ignore the lag, it is due to the video capture and is not representative of in-game action:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=H_0zkHEmdl0

m0ds

Frodo

SteveD

Hi there Revonx,

Is there any news on how the game is coming along? You are the reason why I joined this forum, KOM is one of THE best games I have ever played, brings back so many memories.

Regards

Steve

Frodo

So how's it going?  I'm ITCHING to get my hands on this game.   ;D

Revonx

Hi guys, sorry I haven't been checking the forums, I'm making excellent progress on the full version and I'll be posting a demo up for all of you to play this weekend.
Regards,
Revonx.

Frodo

That's great Revonx.  Look forward to it.   :)

Revonx

Merry Christmas!

Demo Available at top of the page

SteveD

Hi Revonx,

Will I have to subscripe and pay with that website in order to play the KOM demo?

Regards

Stephen

Frodo

WOOHOO   ;D

Downloading now.  Thanks Revonx  *hugs*   ;D

@StevenD.  No, you don't have to subsribe or pay for that website.  Just click on the link in first post, wait 45 seconds (it counts down the seconds for you), then click on Free Download.  And enjoy.   :)

Revonx

Quote from: SteveD on Sun 21/12/2008 19:03:00
Hi Revonx,

Will I have to subscripe and pay with that website in order to play the KOM demo?

Regards

Stephen

No you won't have to pay or subscribe to play, wouldn't have used megaupload if that was the case. ;D Enjoy.

SteveD

Hi,

How do I actually download the game from that site? Sorry for sounding like a dummy.

Frodo

SteveD

Quote from: Frodo on Sun 21/12/2008 19:11:23
@StevenD.  No, you don't have to subsribe or pay for that website.  Just click on the link in first post, wait 45 seconds (it counts down the seconds for you), then click on Free Download.  And enjoy.   :)

SteveD

Thanks guys managed the download and I am playing now.

Frodo

This is wonderful, it's so great to play this again.  And you've obviously put a lot of work into it.   ;D

First impressions:

The animation is awesome.  I love the Gorgan's story, and the Ninja baker, and Dark Lord.   :D  The dialogue is hilarious, I love how you changed a lot of it.  The dwarf made me laugh, cos he wants to be taller, and it's up to Thidney to do something about it.  I'm loving this so far.   ;D

Just a couple of things though...
The intro is wonderful, and I love the whole Thydney story.  But when you die, and have to restart the game, is there away to skip the intro, or do we have to watch it all again?

When I look at characters, I get their bio first, but then I see a screen with some characters and lots of question marks everywhere.  Is this intentional?   :-\

Revonx

Hi Frodo, glad you are liking it so far. ;D

To answer your questions:

Q1:The intro is wonderful, and I love the whole Thidney story.  But when you die, and have to restart the game, is there away to skip the intro, or do we have to watch it all again?

A1: I will implement a question before the intro which asks the player if he or she has played before and are therefore given the choice to skip, if they so wish.

Q2: When I look at characters, I get their bio first, but then I see a screen with some characters and lots of question marks everywhere.  Is this intentional?

A2: Yes, this was intentional, this is the characters screen. The idea is, at that any point in the game you can open the characters screen to view a character, gain hints about them, view their inventory e.t.c. The question marks are there because characters are unlockable along the way. Every time you look at a new character a question mark is unlocked and the character is available.
How did you find it implemented in the game? :D

Regards,
Revonx.

Dualnames

I'llgive this a shot asap. I promise!
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Revonx

I hope everyone had a good christmas, ;D

Anyone whos already played the demo can contact me here or at my email: Revonx@gmail.com, I'll be waiting to hear any kind of input. I'm out of the country for the next few weeks but I'll still be checking the forums and email. Alot of people have been emailing me, asking if they have to pay to play, just to reiterate: It will NOT cost you a thing, so if you find that you're beeing roped into buying something, (for example the subscription offers on Megaupload, where I posted the demo) that has nothing to do with me, so don't give away any of your hard earned cash, especially not to overpriced websites like Megaupload!

Before the game is released, I shall purchase a small website of my own, where I will upload the full game and (if asked and deemed worthwhile) games from other creators aswell, for free.

Stay in touch,

Revonx.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk