Gemini Rue - Coming Feb 24, 2011 under Wadjet Eye Games!

Started by TheJBurger, Fri 19/09/2008 01:19:00

Previous topic - Next topic

SSH

Quote from: Dualnames on Thu 13/01/2011 07:12:40
It's great to know this is under Dave's seal of quality!!!

Its also under his manatee of awesomeness!

Zenger

I'm really glad that the release date for this game is so close  ;D, I really like this game and I can hardly wait  ;D

Silly me  :-[,  I realise now that I've played one of your games before: "Emerald City Confidential" and I enjoyed it a lot, so I went to your web to see more of your games and although the Blackwell games may not be my kind of story, or at least that is what I thought, I've downloaded the demo and I 've to say that I loved it, the game has a really really good narrative and direction, also the game is beautiful with great music and the voice of the female protagonist is amazing and very immersive so... I think I'm going for the bundle too ;D

Anyway, all this to say that from now on You have a new fan  ;D

SarahLiz

I will be buying Gemini Rue for sure!  Can't wait for Feb 24th!!!

My question is...I know this is an "adventure game", but is it going to have a lot of action sequences too?  Because that is definately NOT my thing.  It woudn't keep me from buying the game, but I'm just curious to know how much of the game is timed shoot-out type stuff...

Cheers,
Sarah

TheJBurger

For those worried about the action scenes!

1) There are not *a lot* of action scenes in the game, and the ones that exist are spaced out enough so that you will not get stuck on one sequence for too long. Each action scene can be completed relatively quickly, provided you know what to do.

2) The action scenes, in a sense, are more puzzle-like than traditional action gameplay, as they don't require you to mash buttons per se, but rather require you to think about what you're doing and figure out the best course of action.

3) There will be an EASY mode for those less familiar with action elements, but the mode will still capture the essence of what the action contributes to the game.

Hope that answers any concerns!

arj0n

Just pre-ordered the limited edition CD, can't wait  :)

Takyon

Quote from: TheJBurger on Fri 04/02/2011 01:32:36
For those worried about the action scenes!

1) There are not *a lot* of action scenes in the game, and the ones that exist are spaced out enough so that you will not get stuck on one sequence for too long. Each action scene can be completed relatively quickly, provided you know what to do.

2) The action scenes, in a sense, are more puzzle-like than traditional action gameplay, as they don't require you to mash buttons per se, but rather require you to think about what you're doing and figure out the best course of action.

3) There will be an EASY mode for those less familiar with action elements, but the mode will still capture the essence of what the action contributes to the game.

Hope that answers any concerns!

Maybe it's just me but I'm actually looking forward to the action elements. I've thought for ages that adventure games would be much more enjoyable with a few action type situation.

Good luck with the Gemini Rue Jburger!
ghost.

CaptainD

Quote from: J.H on Wed 09/02/2011 09:46:46
Maybe it's just me but I'm actually looking forward to the action elements. I've thought for ages that adventure games would be much more enjoyable with a few action type situation.

I liked the action elements in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back); they weren't perfect but they provided a nice change of pace.  Gemini Rue looks like it'll be one hell of a game...

arj0n

Quote from: CaptainD on Wed 09/02/2011 12:41:40
Quote from: J.H on Wed 09/02/2011 09:46:46

I liked the action elements in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back); they weren't perfect but they provided a nice change of pace.  Gemini Rue looks like it'll be one hell of a game...
Seconded, both the Indy part and the one-hell-of-a-game part.

Stupot

Generally speaking I'm not a huge fan of action elements in adventure games, but I'm interested to see what it's like.  I do enjoy seeing interesting things being done with AGS, though.

How do these action sequences work?  Are they similar to the shooting sequence in La Croix Pan?  That game was a great use of AGS.

TheJBurger

Quote from: Stupot on Wed 09/02/2011 15:04:36
Generally speaking I'm not a huge fan of action elements in adventure games, but I'm interested to see what it's like.  I do enjoy seeing interesting things being done with AGS, though.

How do these action sequences work?  Are they similar to the shooting sequence in La Croix Pan?  That game was a great use of AGS.

They're similar in that they're real-time, but different in that in Gemini Rue the action revolves around a cover system. In that way, the player is not always at risk of getting shot, but must time it appropriately when to pop out and risk their life to shoot.

Stupot

Quote from: TheJBurger on Thu 10/02/2011 00:37:14
They're similar in that they're real-time, but different in that in Gemini Rue the action revolves around a cover system. In that way, the player is not always at risk of getting shot, but must time it appropriately when to pop out and risk their life to shoot.

Ahh cool, that sounds ace.  :D

Frodo

arj0n

8) Counting down.... Next weekend I'm soooo only busy playing this game

Zenger

3 days.. but who is counting  ;D ;D

I've already made adjustments to my schedule to play this game ;D

Igor Hardy

Our exclusive interview with TheJBurger about Gemini Rue has been posted on HardyDev! Dave Gilbert participates too.

http://www.hardydev.com/2011/02/20/like-tears-in-rain-interview-with-joshua-nuernberger-gemini-rue/

Zenger

Thanks for posting the interview Ascovel  ;D, It's very interesting  ;D

Best of luck TheJBurger!!  ;D, looking forward to playing the game  ;D

CaptainD

Hmm... my interview with Josh had no input from Dave, but I did call him Legendary  ;D

Zenger

Wow  :o, more interviews, thanks for posting CaptainD  ;D, I really like reading interviews with indie developers  ;D, even more if they are written by users of this forum  ;D, also, this way the wait is more enjoyable and it creates atmosphere  ;D

Dave Gilbert

Snarky

Gah!

I need to play the rest of the AGS Award nominees, not these "new", "long-awaited" games. You couldn't hold off on the release for another week or so, could you?  :P

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk