DATE: Oct 12 - Oct 28
VOTING: Oct 29 - Nov 5
---catagories---
IDEA
ATMOSPHERE
COMPOSITION
TECHNIQUE
FUNCTIONALITY

It could be a mine, a tomb, a well, anything you like, so long as it is under the ground.
Good Luck!

mwahahaha

not a serious entry, but saw the title and thought of this.

see, under the earth :P

Coconut Shuttle

Down in "Captain Hinkel's Bad Breath"

Actually I wanted to draw the Ninja Turtles' holiday flat, but now I have rather come up with this rugged peg leg  :-\

Neutron

I decided to make a background, even though I am not competing.
DO NOT VOTE FOR THIS!  IT IS A NON-COMPETING ENTRY!

Ghost

Here it is, totally underground... I included a character for size and scale reference; hope that counts  ;)

Neutron

I am all for the idea of adding characters and objects, personally.

Oddysseus

Sorry, I couldn't resist:

I hope to produce an actual entry eventually.  Fingers crossed!

SiggiI

Hey everyone!  My first entry.  A...  Colon Race!  Enjoy!  ::)

(I guess I'm stretching the rules a bit.  It's kind of underground :=)

Snarky

It's something of a work in progress. I'll smooth out some of the rough edges, adjust colors and add detail if I have time, but I'll be gone next week, so I might not get around to it.

Edit: OK, since the deadline is passed, I guess this is the final version.

cobra79

I don't have the time to put more effort into it, so here is a fast one.

Geratuza

made me think of an underground weapons facility or something similar

it's still a bit rough and needs more work in detail if meant to be used in a game.

Dualnames

WTF? You post like awesome pics and say" It sucks, but well have it". Go see JBurger's posts. He keeps stunning me and still says" It's not that good.."
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Krayy

Quote from: Geraduatuza on Tue 21/10/2008 23:54:41
made me think of an underground weapons facility or something similar
it's still a bit rough and needs more work in detail if meant to be used in a game.
Dude, I love this one. I'm a Photoshop noob, so any details on how you did the lighting and worked the layers would be most appreciated.

Edited by mod: Please don't quote whole post with large images.
Adventure is my middle game...

IndieBoy

Two awesome backgrounds from two first time posters, this competition is surely atracting new talent.

Actually all the entries so far can be described as awesome ;)
Quote from: Calin Elephantsittingonface on Tue 08/02/2011 09:00:55
The only person in favour of the mobs seems to be IndieBoy.. but he's scottish so we dont listen to him anyway.

Oddysseus

I finally overcame my terminal laziness and managed to whip this up:

Yeah, pretty boring (especially compared to the excellent stuff in this comp.) but I like it.

DanielH

Neutron

It's been another awsome round of entries in this awesome legendary competition, so let the voting begin!
Please vote on the following catagories:
Idea
Composition
Functionality
Technique
Atmosphere
May the force be with you, and remember not to vote on my non competing entry, allthough I am sure many will feel copelled to, you must resist the temptation.

TheJBurger

Idea - Snarky. I like the idea of an endless root system that perhaps leads you deeper into something alive.
Composition - Geraduatuza. Nice use of differing layers and levels to create depth.
Functionality - Coconut Shuttle. The character can easily stand on the foreground platform, leaving the rest of the background for show.
Technique - Geraduatuza, with Snarky being a close second.
Atmosphere - Geraduatuza. This really reminds me of a scene from Call of Duty, and the lighting is captured great.

Great first entries by Coconut Shuttle and Geraduatuza! Nice job, guys/girls!

Coconut Shuttle

I like this Blitz. Thanks for the compliments and kudos to all the sweet entries. But damn, I definitely need to put more effort into this compositiontitionurgh, it's a great challenge.

Idea - SiggiI, can you go deeper? Stretch on! :=
Compost - Ghost!
Functionality - Geraduatuza: force shabby scientistdude to complete tank, enter tank, blow barrels to smithereens, escape through hole in wall, pick up hooker, legalize it, what do I know...
Technique - Geraduatuza and his reliable sovjet technique
Atmosphere - Snarky as long as there is no ravenous blackbird waiting at the end of the tunnel *shiver*

And Snarky, admit it, you just copied Siggi's BG, adjusted the colours and added roots you cheater!  :P

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk