FIFA International Football 2004

Started by Duzz, Wed 22/01/2003 02:46:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Duzz

I wasn't gonna release this when i started makeing it, but well, I got bored and improved the graphics and gameplay, and voila...
FIFA International Football 2004 - The most realistical soccer game EVER!

A one or two player hotseat soccer game that I made in a week in the holidays, It's actually FUN to play with a friend (something I wasn't counting on when I created it.) Ã, 

You basically have to kick the ball into your goal and kick more goals than your opponent before the 3 minute game is up. Press F1 for help on keys and stuff.

There's no animations whatsoever, but it's got a cool abusive commentry thing by my friend (who gave me the inspiration to make this game with his constant, "download Fifa 2003 Man! Ã, I wanna play it..."

You can get the source here.
Powerhoof - My new indie games company! | Wintermute Studios - My older AGS games: The Historical League of Bouncy Boxing, Grr! Bearly Sane,  Duzz Quest...

Timosity

This looks really cool, I'll play it and edit this post

Edit: cool little game, I had a go but there was noone else to play with, I'll have to have a proper go with someone else later

Privateer Puddin'

Barcik

I just had a very intense match with myself. It ended with Bampton (who the hell is it?) winning 3:1. And why the hell did you choose Hasselbank over so many other players? And just out of curiousty, where are the missing 20 players?
Anyway, a very welcome and interesting experience, which clearly shows your scripting abilities. Rock on. Oh, and please do release the source.
Currently Working On: Monkey Island 1.5

Duzz

Barcik: well i suppose there's a long story behind the selectoin of the players, but it's a stupid and pointless one.  It'll have you  clawing your eyes out as you read it... but you asked for it...

Begin stupid ramblings: The players were originally the games' creators, me, and alan.  but alan wanted it between 'real' players.  ok...   Alan my friend doesn't play computer games alot, except a couple of really old ones that still work on his computer, but then his little brother got a ps2 and the game 'this is soccer'.  His little brother always walks around the house quoteing the game, (that's where the 'boppsit' bit comes from, in the game he actually says 'blocks it' though.)  Hasselbaink has an interesting name I spose, and 'Hasselbaink Bops it!' is one of the oft quoted bit's of commentry.  ok, the story behind the bampton guy is even more aimless and meandering.  I've got this other friend called bampton, (alan and bampton and I make up the band The Moonlight Run) and alan's little brother for some reason started calling the team 'south hampton', 'south bampton' and one thing led to another... as I said it's all very pointless and idiotic. (hey, the story of my life) ;)

I was thinking about adding 2 more players to each side and a switching ability (don't know about 11 ea though :)  I was also thinking about having really cheesy powerups like 'superspeed' and 'thing that makes you kick further' and 'invisibililty' et cetera, but, well, I have to leave room for a sequal don't I? ;)

man, I've rambled way long enough,

I'll try and upload the source today temporarily and edit this post when i do.

Edit: and here's the source.
enjoy
Powerhoof - My new indie games company! | Wintermute Studios - My older AGS games: The Historical League of Bouncy Boxing, Grr! Bearly Sane,  Duzz Quest...

Matt Brown

AGS FOOTY!!!1! I LUV IT!!!!!

great.
word up

Las Naranjas

Heh, it's not AFL, but you still slipped a little bit of AFL terminology in when you said in your first post "Kick the ball into your goal". as opposed to the opponents.

I suppose the AFL way makes more sense if goal means objective, and it's your objective, not the oppositions.
"I'm a moron" - LGM
http://sylpher.com/novomestro
Your resident Novocastrian.

Duzz

Las Naranjas: oh yeah, i never noticed that, it makes the phrase 'own goal' make more sense cause you're kicking it into your Own Goal.  Wow!  the mysteries of life reveiled!

anyways: here's the delicious sauce.

heh heh, enjoy =)

Gonchi

It's an interesting game... but I think I'll stick with FIFA 98.
I'm here to kick butt and eat rice crackers, and I've got a lot of rice crackers

Duzz

I added some AI, (I like playing god) so you can play single player now.
     Unfortunately, the AI turned out a bit neurotic, he sometimes get's really paranoid and just freezes, and sometime's he grabs the ball, runs all the way up the field and scores an own goal, cause he's so scared of what you'll do to him if he beats you...
He's tough to beat though, I might have to make him a bit more stupid.

It's a LOT more fun to play this game with a friend, and I WOULDN'T reccomend you download this again JUST for the AI, if you've previously downloaded it...

Get it  HERE

enjoy.

alexhans

Hey! I found your game really fun (And I couldnt find the opportunity to play with someone yet).  Im experimenting in a game using a hotseat mode like you but I dont know how to use diagonal move like you did.  Can iskeypressed recognize tu keys at the same  time?

I would love to have your source but the link is broken
Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right.

Duzz

I fixed the link to the source, although it's for an outdated version of AGS and I'm sure you can find better examples of using IsKeyPressed() elsewhere if you want.

Anyway, to deal with two keys at once you can just do:
if (IsKeyPressed(KEY1) && IsKeyPressed(KEY2) ) {
Ã,  Ã, // Move diagonally or whatever
}

alexhans

You're right, its an OLD version of AGS, wich one did you use?

thanks for the hint but I didn't expressed well my problem, I cant make two players move at the same time with a system in wich the player stops when finish pressing the key.

Any ideas about that? (I think you did it in your FIFA 2004 that's why I wanted the code)

Alexhans
Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right.

Duzz

It was done with AGS 2.53.

I didn't use MoveCharacter() or character.Walk() commands, I just changed the character.x and character.y variables when keys were held down.

I'll PM you the code and more of an explanation so we don't clutter up the completed games announcements forum.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk