barn runner 5

Started by Tina, Mon 03/11/2008 10:14:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Tina

must say brilliant game so far but im stuck im in the block of flats investigating and need to bypass the lock im no good at lock breaking can anyone tell me the order i need to lock it in thanks

Ponch

Quote from: Tina on Mon 03/11/2008 10:14:11
...I'm stuck I'm in the block of flats investigating and need to bypass the lock...

Which lock has you stumped? There are two different set of flats that you have to investigate.

If you're investigating D-Vyne (the red hallway), then use Harry on the lock and he'll use the HackLink to crack it.

If you're investigating Homer J. Fong (the yellow hallway), then use the HackLink in your inventory and crack the lock with it.

However, if the HackLink puzzle is giving you problems, then just USE the keypad and enter the following combination for each lock:

D-Vyne (red hallway):
Spoiler
21718997. That's her citizen ID number and you can find it on her case file button on the GUI.
[close]

Fong (yellow hallway):
Spoiler
8675309. The foster parents are old and, apparently, love cheesy pop songs from the 1980s.
[close]

Hope that helps and I"m glad you like the game!

- Ponch

Hi - I've been racking my brain trying to figure out how to get past the lock to Jani's office. Can anyone give me a little bump in the right direction please? It's probably so obvious but I just don't see it.

Thanks!!!

Brentimous

guest,

Hint 1:
Spoiler
Notice all the graffiti on the wall? Maybe there's a clue among the mindless scribbles...
[close]

Hint 2:
Spoiler
There sure are a lot of numbers on the wall... I wonder why some are scratched out?
[close]

Hint 3:
Spoiler
Starting from the left side, and going from top to bottom, enter all the numbers that haven't been marked out.
[close]

Thanks! That's what I was trying to do...guess I overlooked one of them  :-\

marko33

im stuck on finding the numbers to the lock in the club and some of them have been shot
is there a easy way to collect them all
mark

stridey

I'm stuck in the elevator in the mall and I tried messing around with the electronic panel but I can't re-activate the elevator. Any hints on what I'm supposed to do with the cables and the electrical amplifier thing?

Ponch

{b}MARKO33[/b}
Check Brentimous' post above on how to open the club's door.

stridey
To repair the elevator:
Spoiler
Pull out the scorched wire in the top slot, replace it with the good wire in the bottom slot, and turn the switcher knob until it connects with the second wire's position.

As for the circuit cards, the device is a multiplier. Each slot has a numerical value, as does each chip. The system requires 32 amps, so do some quick math and find which chip value, multiplied with each slot value would produce 32, and put those chips in those slots.

Press RESET and that should do it.
[close]

Hope that helps,

- Ponch

stridey

Thanks for the help but I ran into another problem. After speaking with Jani, I'm supposed to write something in paper but I don't have it. Is the paper found outside your office? If so, I think its a bug. After picking it up and choosing a case, the paper vanished from my inventory.

Ponch

Quote from: stridey on Wed 05/11/2008 05:22:50
... After speaking with Jani, I'm supposed to write something in paper but I don't have it...

stridey, try this:
Spoiler
There's a yellow note pad under all the garbage on Jani's desk. Poke around and you'll find it.
[close]

That should do the trick.

- Ponch

Tina

stuck again im at the 3 lifts. one is on fire one is broken and how do i get the other one working ive tried the hacker but im no good at that can anyone help i cant bypass it thanks

Ponch

Quote from: Tina on Thu 06/11/2008 13:24:57
stuck again I'm at the 3 lifts. one is on fire one is broken and how do i get the other one working ive tried the hacker but I'm no good at that can anyone help i cant bypass it thanks

Tina,

That's the one lock that has no back door combination and must be hacked, so here's the sequence you need to use to crack the lock.

As soon as the HackLink screen loads, from left to right, do the following:
Spoiler
Column 1: Click up twice. Column 2: Click down twice. Column 3: Click down once. Column 4: Click up once.
[close]
Lock all the circuits and enable the bypass. That should unlock the elevator.

- Ponch

Dualnames

Well, I've started the game, I'm in the bar(the one case you write a check to some guys to let you in), I hear the lousy band , and I'm stuck..
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Tina

im stuck in the lift now i think ive worked out the wires on the left adding up to 32 but ive got a white wire, an all grey wire and a speckle grey wire can you tell me which goes where ive tried all sorts thanks

Ponch

Pressed for time right now, so no time for hints. Hope you don't mind me just giving you guys the answers instead of being clever and hinting at them. ;)

Dualnames
Spoiler
Use the Harry Icon on the control box next to the bartender. Once the Booze-a-matic is fixed, take the bundle of red cable from the corner and use it on the light rig overhead.
[close]

Tina
Spoiler
Put the 6 card in the 5 slot, the 2 card in the 1 slot. Leave the scorched card in the holding slots beneath the puzzle. Do the same with the speckled wire. Place the other two wires in top to slots (doesn't matter which order), and turn the switcher knob until there is a metal rod connected to each of the top two slots. Then press the reset switch.
[close]

That should get you guys back on track!

- Ponch

Dualnames

Ah shit, I probably have done this and misclicked..lol..thanks, man.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Dualnames

Oh, so I've put the code at the door, talked to the guy a lot of times, tilll i get a msg like nothing to say, but I can't use the "rope" to go back, and or do something else(btw I have the pencil),so?

Ponch

Quote from: Dualnames on Tue 18/11/2008 09:58:34
Oh, so I've put the code at the door, talked to the guy a lot of times, tilll i get a msg like nothing to say, but I can't use the "rope" to go back, and or do something else(btw I have the pencil),so?

Can't write him a note with just a pencil. You need something to write on.

Spoiler
There's a yellow note pad at the bottom of the pile of garbage on his desk.
[close]

That should do the trick.

- Ponch

Dualnames

Smart One, great puzzle indeed. If there was a hint, I probably missed it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk