Photoshop Phonday 3rd - 11th November Obi Edition

Started by Obi, Mon 03/11/2008 17:34:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Obi

What is a Photoshop Phonday?

Photoshopping isn't drawing a completely new image -- It's editing images to create a new image, such as editing one image or combining several images. The contest usually lasts for a million years. Also, you don't have to specifically use Photoshop -- Paint Shop Pro, MSPaint, Piestation Genesis or any other programs can be used. Please make sure your image doesn't exceed the width of the screen or the screen will fall off.

--------------------------
--------------------------

This week's fun cool Competition topic is:
Genre Swap!
What do I mean by this? I mean nothing.

Take your favourite movie poster and transform the genre of the movie into something 100% better. Like to see the Titanic as a post-apocalyptic war time drama? You can do it with the power of photoshop.

If you're still having problems understanding this great topic here's an example:

Let's take 2004's documentary Super Size me

and transform it into a monster movie:

BOOM there you go, now go and make your own.

And remember, no slacking!

stajp

Sorry, I couldn't resist!

Not an entry because it's made out of  this DVD cover , and not the film's poster.

PsychicHeart

Formerly known as Flukeblake, Flukezy etc.

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Buckethead

Bring up the Pirates of the Caribbean remakes, staring Nightwish!

Azaron

Just a quick one, I couldn't resist. Hope it's not too vague :)

3 angry Mathematicians, one brainy biker babe, and alligator-skin lab coats.

Trent R

Not too much if you understand matrices. (plural form of matrix for all you non-geeks)

~Trent
To give back to the AGS community, I can get you free, full versions of commercial software. Recently, Paint Shop Pro X, and eXPert PDF Pro 6. Please PM me for details.

Current Project: The Wanderer
On Hold: Hero of the Rune

BOYD1981

Limey Lizard, Waste Wizard!
01101101011000010110010001100101001000000111100101101111011101010010000001101100011011110110111101101011

LimpingFish

Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

GarageGothic

For those who thought Paul Thomas Anderson's movie didn't live up to the promise of its title:

Domino

WTF was I thinking with this entry.  ::)

Obi

WE HAVE A WINNER! It was a close fought contest, but the winner is ProgZmax! He tapped into my love of Tron and Die Hard, which makes a brilliant combination and changes the genre of both films which is what I was looking for. A close second was Boyd1981 turning Back to the Future into a musical is a brilliant idea and well executed.

And you always know it's been a good competition when LimpingFish enters so I'd like to thank him for that and his much friendlier version of Strawdogs. Other's entries were also good but you don't get a mention because I am a lazy man. Also what's with putting Nightwish into the Pirates of the Caribbean, I don't really understand that one. But thanks for entering anyway.

And remember, as Knight Rider 2000 once said "The more things change, the more they stay the same."

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

Yay!  No one can match the power of Bruce Willis.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk