----------

Started by ------, Thu 13/11/2008 23:46:46

Previous topic - Next topic

------

-----------

Reminder

The plot of this game is very interesting and inmersive. Good puzzles also!
"With a lot of carefull"

Stefano

First I'd like to say thanks for the game. It has been pretty entertaining so far! ;)

I've found a bug:
Spoiler
if you read the proverb book then read the "walnut stain" sheet, you get caught in an infinite loop.
Clicking "back" will only send you to the previous book instead of showing the library again.
[close]
Another bug:
Spoiler
you can take the same "fragment of a drawing" several times from the "photo frame"
[close]
Thanks again Nergal.

Cheers,
-Stefano
Trying to make my first AGS game.

------

--------

marko33

missing setup.exe can't change resolution! eek

Leon

Code: Run from a command prompt

embf --setup

this does the trick. I miss the translation  and the sound and the voice...  :-\
It appears that it's only an update and you need to download both...

I'm playing this one now and must say I'm disappointed. The graphics and the music are good, it looked very promissing from the intro but I'm missing a story completely.
All I know is that I'm locked up and all I get when taking objects is: I don't know why I need it but it might become usefull.
I have by now a dozen objects in my inventory and absolutely no clue what's expected of me or what to do. Just wandering around seeing what I can take along. It's not only a mysterious plot, it's completely mysterious....

There are a lot of typo's and the Icon Action page in the manual is partially translated.

The translation needs a lot of improvement. There are parts of the dialog I don't understand at all. I have the feeling it was done with a web-translator. Someone with knowledge of dialogs and both languages would be nice. There are also a lot of unknown characters in the text shown as square.

After copying the characters on the sheet, there's still text in Spanish.
Ultimate Game Solutions - Because there is a solution for everything

------

-------

Stefano

Two more bugs!
Spoiler
1. as already mentioned by Leon, Engel speaks in Spanish after copying the symbols from the wall. Fortunately I understand Spanish. ;D
2. After picking up the twig in the fountain, if you look a second time, there's the twig again.
[close]

------

------

Leon

I'm stuck in Akkad O.S. 2008 ? Not much I can do here...

To reproduce... .(I don't know what it is with these games lately ...)

- Use disk on laptop
- Use Engael folder to see it's empty. You'll return automatically.
- Use the Engael folder again and you're stuck.

Ergo: don't use the folder twice.

------

------

------

----------

------

------

TassieDevil

Hi,
It is actually quite a nice hame; though I never finished it. Here is why...
Spydoctor showed up while iconising it - after that it crashed. I can't give you details as it happened while my wife was using the PC.

By mistake I placed the copied symbols on the 4th quadrant and it placed the missing one in there. Finally I got the correct last one but couldn't do anything with it. I was unable to continue from there on and didn't feel like starting from scratch again.

During unistall it removed a lot, but the desktop item was still around and I couldn't remove it as it said - file not found. The CHKDSK fixed that for me.

Cheers, Tassie.

EDIT! I downloaded it last Friday. Maybe the uninstall is VISTA related...
Great game though - ignoring these little glitches.

------

------

Stefano

Why did you delete it, Nergal? :'( It was a cool game.

m0ds

Deleted? Are you Pulling a Pietter? :p

Leon

What??? And what about my walkthrough? All for nothing?  ;)
I hope it wasn't because of the comments I made. I always have a lot of things to nag about games but I also have a huge respect for all you game makers. I've never made one so it's easy for me to nag about something.

Besides, it's always easier to say something negative than positive. Nevertheless: I loved the graphics and music and it had a good atmosphere. For a first release very well done. Believe me, I've seen much much much worse (and I've seen a lot by now).

Hope to see a new one soon and this one is at least saved in my personal archive  :)

LimpingFish

I wouldn't worry too much, Leon. If people don't want comments on their games, positive or otherwise, then they shouldn't release them. It's part and parcel of the scene, and if EM-BF was deleted because of this (or the blue cup rating) then it benefits nobody.

And this was Nergal's second game, the first being Quiero Morir.
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Leon

I'm not worried. It's just that, like I said, it's easy giving (negative) comment on something that you're not related to. If someone puts every effort into his/her work and gets negative comments, it can be hard. To be expected but still hard. And sure, if you don't want that, you  should publish. Besides, you can't please every one.

I recently played Zombietown and according to the readme the creator was very pleased with the result...  ::) I'm sure he was.

You're right that it's his second game. I never made the connection between Nergal/Akkad and QM/EMBF. I've played QM and was very impressed with that one. Then it surprises (or disappoints if you will) me even more that this is the result.

[edit] Let's just wait for Nergal to see what the reason was  :) I remember more cases where games were withdrawn because of personal reasons/opinions.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk