Ask something - We can help.

Started by Stupot, Fri 19/12/2008 20:06:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Gilbert

Wesray

They do it on almost all my pictures.

I figured it's a local custom, but it seems popular all over Asia.
THE FAR CORNERS OF THE WORLD: Chapter 2 currrently in the works...

Gilbert

I don't see that much in my everyday life. :P

Andail

I've also heard they eat magpies alive.

Vince Twelve

It starts when they're really young and just becomes the natural thing to do in a picture.  Here's my daughter at less-than-two-ish:

There was a period where before taking a picture, she would try really hard to make peace signs, but be unable, so we have lots of pictures of not-quite-peace-signs.

Eventually, she gets there.

And when you live there long enough... you just can't help it...

Edit: Sorry, I jump at any chance to show off how cute my kid is. :P

Babar

I propose we start a movement to do the "Palm Out" or "All fingers towards the camera" sign, like the one your daughter is doing in some of those pictures. It is very close to the Pakistani gesture for "I curse you", but it could still work! It is like a magician casting a spell :D.
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

monkey0506

Quote from: Vince Twelve on Fri 16/10/2009 16:02:39There was a period where before taking a picture, she would try really hard to make peace signs, but be unable, so we have lots of pictures of not-quite-peace-signs.

Your "cute" daughter is trying to shoot force lightning at everyone!

Honestly Vince, what've you been teaching that kid? You're training her in the Dark Side of the Force. ADMIT IT!

And then, after admitting it, could you give me a few pointers? Y'know I've been trying to explain to my sister that "Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic" is just a formality and the true title of the game is "Star Wars: Go to the Dark Side"... ::)

Edit: Also she is flying (levitating). :o

Edit also: I used a simple photographic enhancement program to determine that the original photo was clearly modified. You can't hide anything from me Vince:

RickJ

Hehe, I can use a bit of help.  Someone make a couple cool blue cup icons recently and posted them, i believe in the Chat forum but I'll be dammed if I can find them now.   I searched for icon, ags icon, cup, etc  but came up negative.   Perhaps some one with a better memory can help me locate them.  Thanks..   :=

RickJ

Yea , that's it alright.  :-[  Wouldn't you know it I was searching for"Icon" instead of  "Logo"    :=  

Vince Twelve

Monkey, you're awesome!  That just cracked up my wife and daughter!

ThreeOhFour

QuoteEdit: Also she is flying (levitating).  :o

Well... all the cool kids were doing photoshops  :-[....

I blame boredom  8).

Shane 'ProgZmax' Stevens

It's Yodette!

Judge me by my pink flowery hat, do you?  AS WELL YOU SHOULD NOT, for the force is my ally, and a powerful ally it is tee-hee!

DrSlash

I have a little question: when I've been adding my game to this website I have forgotten to enter game password. Now I'm not able to edit game information.  :'( What should I do?  ???

Ali

Could you ask that question in the form of a photoshopped picture of a cute child?

I'm able to edit my game without the password as long as I'm logged in to the forum - doesn't that work for you?

DrSlash

Quote from: Ali on Wed 21/10/2009 17:05:49
I'm able to edit my game without the password as long as I'm logged in to the forum - doesn't that work for you?
It looks like no. When I press "Update" there appears  inscription which says: "Invalid password."

Ethan D

Before you click on the link to edit your game does it show that you can leave a comment?  If it doesn't it means that it isn't registering that your logged in and there is a link at the bottom that you can click on.  This has happened to me many times.  If you CAN leave a comment and still can't edit your game then I have no idea whats wrong.

EDIT:  I looked at your profile and it doesn't list you as having any games you have worked on.  This means that you didn't list yourself as the first developer.  Only the person who is listed first on the list is able to edit it without a password.

InCreator

Okay, a question:

Where is country border?

I know where it is on land, from sea level to plane-reachable area (airspace).
But further? Is it still same country 400km under ground? Or outside atmosphere, in space?

If it's same country under ground, inside earth, how do borders go? Do they follow sphere shape of earth and get narrow near the middle of earth where they end? Like a top of a cone? In which case, are all countries neighbors with border in the middle point (earth's center)?

And if borders extend into outer space (though I don't believe this)...  do they go for infinity? So, planets technically cross different countries all the time while passing earth? Also... so we technically own everything (except for space covered by extension of independent areas such as oceans)?

This is driving me crazy.

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: InCreator on Wed 25/11/2009 19:32:18
Where is country border?

I know where it is on land, from sea level to plane-reachable area (airspace).
But further? Is it still same country 400km under ground? Or outside atmosphere, in space?

As for atmosphere and space, there's certainly some limit, after which country's airspace is changed by "international" space, or something.

EDIT:
Quote from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airspace
There is no international agreement on the vertical extent of sovereign airspace (the boundary between outer spaceâ€" which is not subject to national jurisdictionâ€" and national airspace), with suggestions ranging from about 30 km (the extent of the highest aircraft and balloons) to about 160 km (the lowest extent of short-term stable orbits). The Fédération Aéronautique Internationale has established the Kármán line, at an altitude of 100 km (62.1 miles), as the boundary between the Earth's atmosphere and the outer space, while the United States considers anyone who has flown above 50 miles (80 km) to be an astronaut; indeed descending space shuttles have flown closer than 80 km over other nations, such as Canada, without requesting permission first.[1] Nonetheless both the Kármán line and the US definition are merely working benchmarks, without any real legal authority over matters of national sovereignty.

Bulbapuck

Howdy-ho!
Quote from: DrSlash on Wed 21/10/2009 16:31:46
I have a little question: when I've been adding my game to this website I have forgotten to enter game password. Now I'm not able to edit game information.  :'( What should I do?  ???
I'm in a similar situation: I just created my first games page *here*. I misspelled the password and now I can't reproduce that error... The reason I want to change the games page is that I made another mistake in the "author" box, so now it doesn't even know that I'm the author.

Hence I can't change the page.

So what now? It sais that the admin can see the password, is Pumaman the Admin?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk