Ask something - We can help.

Started by Stupot, Fri 19/12/2008 20:06:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Stupot

I'm not sure which bits are done on a keyboard and which aren't, but according to Wikipedia at least some of the synthesised parts are played on Moog Taurus Bass Pedals, using his hands...

Maybe not quite the info you're after, but interesting anyway :)

Oliwerko

I knew someone would mention it  ;D

Yeah, I know of that, that's particulary interesting providing it's a pedal synthesizer. That piece of info was quite easy to find, now only the keyboard sound in the beginning is missing.

Ryan Timothy B

A few months ago, perhaps longer, someone posted a 3D blue mug/cup for anyone in AGS to use.  Where did that go?  I can't seem to find it in the search.

Domino

Ryan Timothy B

lmao Didn't know it was already asked in this great thread.  Thanks Domino. ;D

Crimson Wizard

For those who ever worked in the office with cubicles (cubicle farm, I believe?).
Is it safe for not-so weightly person to lean over cubicle wall and peek into another guy's computer? Assuming this person has to grasp on cubicle wall.

I am planning a small scene in a game where girl does this while talking with the guy. How realistic is that.

Ryan Timothy B

I've personally never worked or been in cubicle hell, but from what I've seen in movies and tv shows, they are pieced together quite well.
Cubicles

RickJ

Is it safe for not-so weightly person to lean over cubicle wall and peek into another guy's computer?
If you take a look at Crimson's exam[ple you will see that the walls are only about 5ft tall.  People stick their heads over top to chat with their co-workers all the time.   It would be unusual for someone to climb up and lean over at waist height however I believe it wouldn't be a problem for the wall to hold the weight.   if it were me I would have the character kneeling/standing  on a desk, box or something.

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: RickJ on Thu 14/01/2010 23:53:18
If you take a look at Crimson's exam[ple
You mean Ryan's example, don't you :P

you will see that the walls are only about 5ft tall.  People stick their heads over top to chat with their co-workers all the time.   It would be unusual for someone to climb up and lean over at waist height however I believe it wouldn't be a problem for the wall to hold the weight.   if it were me I would have the character kneeling/standing  on a desk, box or something.
Well, my idea she is not just chatting, she wants to see computer display, while standing almost opposite to one's surface.
However idea of getting kneels to the desk sounds natural enough. But even then I believe person will apply some of its weight on cubicle wall when bending over.

RickJ

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Fri 15/01/2010 00:58:22
If you take a look at Crimson's exam[ple
You mean Ryan's example, don't you :P
Sorry being confused; I am just getting to be too old ;)  Hehehehe!  ;D

Well, my idea she is not just chatting, she wants to see computer display, while standing almost opposite to one's surface.
However idea of getting kneels to the desk sounds natural enough. But even then I believe person will apply some of its weight on cubicle wall when bending over.
I don't think the weight is a problem at all.  It could be a bit of a puzzle for the player to find something for her to climb up on.  It could be a chair, trash bucket, or even standing on the desk.  I think something like that would work just fine.

Gilbert

It could also relate to what kind of materials that were used to make the cubicle divisions and how they're mounted.

For example in this old style office I'm working at this particular second, we have old cupboards and wooden boards made to divide our working space, so there's either a board or a cupboard between each two adjacent seats. Some of these boards are actually hanging loose mounted just by a few screws on the tables or cupboards.

We had a co-worker here who actually broke two boards by leaning on them (in each case, one screw which held one side of the board on the table was broken, making the board hanging loosely at that end). These damages are never fixed and we just use some useless scotch tapes to stick the boards back on the table and have since been careful not to touch them again.

But I'll expect modern implementations with better materials and mounting could be more sturdy.

In other words, there is no definitive answer.

Crimson Wizard

Hehe, thanks for sharing experience, Gilbet.
RickJ, the whole thing happen during cutscene, it isnt a puzzle at all.
Anyway, I think I got enough answers to make a decision, thanks :)

Stupot

Rather than trying to work out the physics of whether or not the cubicle would break... why not just get the character to take a chainsaw to it!

InCreator

How to find xy coordinates of C?

* C has to be exactly in the middle of points A and B
* A and B could be anywhere on a 2D plane
* distance between A and B is fixed

Sounds like REALLY simple school maths... is there easier way than
C(x) = (B(x)-A(x))/2 + A(x)
C(y) = (B(y)-A(y))/2 + A(y)
?

Especially when B and A could switch places?

Ryan Timothy B

It's:
(edit: an Image once went here..
I had linked an image from another website, but turns out I guess you can only view it if you're actually visiting or recently visited the site. the answer is below anyway. :P)

InCreator

Ryan Timothy B

midpointX = ((A.x)+(B.x)) / 2
midpointY = ((A.y)+(B.y)) / 2

It's literally that simple. ;D

InCreator

Chicky

Is there a very simple low poly modeling program that is compatible with intel mac and the character3D plugin?

Wyz

You could give Wings3d a try. It's something one either hates or loves. :P
Life is like an adventure without the pixel hunts.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk