Ask something - We can help.

Started by Stupot, Fri 19/12/2008 20:06:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Buckethead

Oliwerko

Okay, here's a question.

What's the musical instrument playing the solo at 1:06 in The Renegade Theme?

I think it may be some kind of woodwind or such, but am clueless about the precise specification.
Anyone?

Tuomas

Sounds like plain guitar + harmonica to me.

Wyz

I'd say it's a harmonica, a bit distorted though.
Life is like an adventure without the pixel hunts.

Oliwerko

Harmonica was my first guess too, that would have to be a larger one I guess...? A small blowing harmonica has is a bit higher, isn't it?

Tuomas

A small blues harmonica with 10 holes has just 3 octaves in pentatonic scales, so this one's definately not that, but a larger 16-hole chromatic harmonica, which goes a bit over 4 octaves, I presume.

Oliwerko

Thanks for helping out, I'll look into it. The most important thing to know is that it's really a harmonica.  :)

Guybrush Nosehair

I've got a difficult question that I believe NO ONE here can answer. I've been looking for a song for a few years now. It's entirely instrumental. It mainly consists of an electric jazz piano playing a jazzy riff over and over. The guitar only does a fast pick of a chord only once in a while. I believe that the song came from the 70's, as that's the style, but I can be completely wrong about that. That's all I really remember about the song. If anyone can help, I'd be very VERY grateful.

Stupot

Youch, that's one hell of a task, Grim, but that's what the thread's for.  We accept your challenge ;-)

Tuomas

Sorry to bug in, but I've got a short little question I was hoping you could help with. I've got a laptop with vista connected to a router wireless. I've got another laptop right next to it with vista as well, but it doesn't find the wireless connection. It does however find all of the other connections in the building. Why?

edit: fixed, not by what GG said, but thanks anyway. Still don't know the reason thoughh:)

GarageGothic

Is your router set to broadcast its identity (SSID)? Otherwise you'll have to add a new network under "Manage wireless network" in the "Network and Sharing Center" and enter the network name manually along with any encryption method and password used.

@grim: Not a lot to go on - if you remember the melody, perhaps you could record yourself playing or humming it? Not sure it would help, but it might be good for a laugh :)

InCreator

Quote from: GarageGothic on Mon 16/08/2010 12:46:18
@grim: Not a lot to go on - if you remember the melody, perhaps you could record yourself playing or humming it? Not sure it would help, but it might be good for a laugh :)

You can also do it online and maybe get instant results

monkey0506

@Increator @ me: No. There are no installed Adobe programs that would have and/or did install that service which is not running and was totally unrelated. I ultimately corrected the issues by not using the Internet port of the router at all and only using the other ports. Which frankly doesn't make sense, but it works.

Guybrush Nosehair

I found a copy of the song on an old mix CD that someone had burned for my brother a few years ago. There are no track names, but I was able to upload the song.

http://www.multiupload.com/ZK4RYNQQR2

I would be grateful if anyone can help!

GarageGothic

Green Onions by Booker T. & the M.G.'s (could be a cover version though, hard to tell with instrumentals - Blues Brothers did a nice one)

Tuomas

Haha, man, this still plays on a Dressman - men's clothing commercial on tv all the time. Well, in Finland at least.

TerranRich

Guybrush Nosehair

Thanks all for your response. I can finally sleep now that I know what the song is called.

I've got another question that I hope someone can help me with. I recently discovered 3D videos on YouTube, and have since decided to convert my movies into 3D (using red/cyan). I've been following this guide located at http://www.maximumpc.com/article/howtos/how_upgrade_your_2d_movies_3d. The video works as would be expected, but for some reason, the audio is always out of sync. I've tried this on several different files, but this keeps happening. There are two movies I've tried that I was successful able to convert. Can someone explain how to fix this? Thanks.

Oliwerko

Okay, I've got a song I can identify, but can't find a studio recording of it anywhere to buy or anything.

It comes from the movie Little Vera and plays during the disco fight scene (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PLaNyaUiQs&feature=related).

There's one version all over the internet which is sadly only a cut from the movie.

Now the actual artist is Галина Шевелева (Galina Sheveleva) and its name is "How Well" ("Как Хорошо"). The lyrics are apparently written by V. Matetskiy.

If there is any source from which one could get to the actual studio recording and not just a cut from the movie, I would be EXTREMELY happy.
Please, make me happy  :P

Thanks for any effort!

InCreator

Here's one:

I've been wondering how would world look like if I was microscopic. A bit larger than a molecule, maybe.
My theory is that from this standpoint, friction and chemistry should look quite dramatic. For example, placing hand on a table would cause thousands of skin cells and wood/varnish pieces to scatter, loads of water and oil in skin is pushed through the cells, atoms in skin start reacting with atoms in table, etc. Like that episode in South Park with fleas where even head washing looked like tsunami.

And it's all just too microscopic to actually see table or skin damage/wear or feel any actual chemical reaction.

Is that plausible, or are materials actually much more stable than I think and nothing of sort would happen?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk