Ask something - We can help.

Started by Stupot, Fri 19/12/2008 20:06:21

Previous topic - Next topic

InCreator

zabnat

Quote from: Calin Leafshade on Fri 25/03/2011 22:55:48
Quote from: Ryan Timothy on Wed 23/03/2011 23:30:17
Ahh.. Now I see the light. When creating a new project I have the choice between Visual Basic, C#, C++, etc. Hmm. Which one is the best/easiest format for creating a normal windows based program? I imagine Visual Basic?

Go C#. Visual basic is so far removed from most, more powerful languages that you end up reinventing the wheel.
Seconded. If only because the code will look pretty much the same as the script in AGS (C-like). :)

TomatoesInTheHead

Quick question/Rorschach test: What do you see in these two pictures (well, it's one picture, but upper part and lower part independently)?

Galen

TomatoesInTheHead

Hmm, so I'm not the only one :-\

I have to/want to include these in a technical report and presentation, I hope the readers/audience won't have these associations.

straydogstrut

A windmill and two egg cups (I'm innocent and sweet so I am..)

theo

Quote from: Galen on Wed 30/03/2011 22:22:54
Boobs and half a swastika.

that's exactly what I saw. omg our brains must be interlinked. :o

Domino

2 giant breast's trying to go swimming in a very shallow pool.

Guybrush Nosehair

The top section depicts mountains. The bottom section is obviously some alien from Mars puking its gizzards out. How did we not see it before?

Galen

Quote from: theo on Wed 30/03/2011 23:02:44
that's exactly what I saw. omg our brains must be interlinked. :o

*hums the twilight zone theme*

m0ds

Quote2 giant breast's trying to go swimming in a very shallow pool.

Haha :D

Quick odd Q I guess: Every now and then on my PC (XP) there's a small "chh" sound effect that plays. I can't figure out which app is causing it and why it does it, what it's meant to mean? It's fairly quiet, if anyone recognizes what I'm on about please let me know if you have any ideas! I've heard it prior to having any anti virus thing on here.

InCreator

Stupot

Are you sure it's coming out of the PC?
Check your wardrobe and under your bed... :-\

Calin Leafshade

Quote from: Mods on Sun 10/04/2011 19:34:14
Quote2 giant breast's trying to go swimming in a very shallow pool.

Haha :D

Quick odd Q I guess: Every now and then on my PC (XP) there's a small "chh" sound effect that plays. I can't figure out which app is causing it and why it does it, what it's meant to mean? It's fairly quiet, if anyone recognizes what I'm on about please let me know if you have any ideas! I've heard it prior to having any anti virus thing on here.

OOO I KNOW!

I bet its that little shitty dog on the search feature scratching himself.

Dualnames

God, if that's the chhh sound, I'm gonna laugh twice as much as I'm laughing now.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

m0ds

LOL yes Calin that's a very good lead, maybe it IS the search. F***. I'll run some tests!1 Cos yes it definitely is that rascal's usual noise.

Edit. Yes. It is. Cheers Calin.

That ******* DOG! Caused me paranoia for the last 6 months! F***!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tuomas

A question about speakers:

My speakers started making a machine gun-like rattle last night. I figured out it was either the cord going from the laptop to the stereosystem or my soundcard on my laptop. This I thought, because after I took the cord away and tried listening to a vinyl, there was no rattle no more.

But at the same time my tv-speakers started making a buzz. I have a digibox, then a flat 32'' screen with speakers and inbuilt digibox, I use the outer one though because it can record. The sound comes from the digibox... But there's an  annoying buzz on the background, like bees in a can. When I mute the digibox, there's only buzz. When I mute the tv, there's nothing. There used to be no buzz.

My guess is, something is interfering with it, but I don't know how and what and why. Also, I don't know if the speaker-rattle is related, but these two occured for the first time within an hour or so. Any ideas?

TomatoesInTheHead

Tuomas, is it something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23rdefO4gBU ?
Sometimes, my cell phone interferes only when it's directly beneath the speakers, or not at all, sometimes it makes noise even when it's 3-5 meters away.

m0ds

Trying to remember an old puzzle game circa very late 90's or very early millenium... it was a puzzle game, kind of tile based, and you played as these little blob characters I think. All I really remember is jumping from tile to tile, perhaps, to solve some kind of puzzle on each level. I really don't remember much more than that. All I can recall is there was a level with Mount Rushmore in the background, or a comic version of it. If anyone might have the slightest inkling, let me know! :)

Nikolas

I'm also looking for a game. It was in a sea, like flash based (I think it wasn't flash but looked as such). The game was a sort of an experiment on games from a student. The idea was to eat something and grow longer (as a sort of a snake), and once you did, you could move faster, go lower and so on... It kept going forever but it was a cool little game. Anyone know about it? I think it was posted here...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk