Ask something - We can help.

Started by Stupot, Fri 19/12/2008 20:06:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Nikolas

How can I do that? I can't import it to premier to convert it... Any converters in mind, please? And huge thanks mate! Your will to help me out is quite touching (honestly, I mean that)

Gilbert

Since it works in VLC, you can convert it with VLC. Find "Convert/Save" from the file menu or press Ctrl-R and see whether you have an appropriate encoding codec installed which your editing suite can handle.

m0ds

whats the ags irc server, irc.adventuregamestudio.co.uk is not working for me, and I need to speak to hajo

Tabata

m0ds

thanks! Didn't know it had moved... I had an email problem but had an idea as you replied, and it seems to be working now. I know a couple of peeps tried to email me today, that was my fault, it should work now - spam has certainly started coming through again. I'd had a massively productive day and did one out of the ordinary thing (played with mail settings) in an attempt to be more productive before bed. But obviously led to the opposite  :-D

Ryan Timothy B

Hey.

I keep trying to render an image of something I've modeled in Maya 2013 but it keeps rendering in polygon instead of the smooth surfaces (NURBS? or whatever it's called). Is there a setting I'm missing?

Edit: Bah! I'm an idiot. I didn't realize pressing 3 was any different from Mesh > Smooth. But it worries me there's no turning back once you've smoothed it..

straydogstrut

Sooo I'm flying off to New York a week on Monday for a little pre-Christmas holiday!! :grin:

Aside from the usual tourist traps, and geeking out on the feeling of being in a CSI episode, has anyone been to the Big Apple who can perhaps recommend some places to go/things to do etc?

KodiakBehr

I'm not from New York (or the US, for that fact), but I pass through New York regularly, and to this day, cannot walk through Central Park without hearing that "chung chung" noise from Law and Order.  Sorry.

I suggest finding eats in Greenwich Village, you're spoiled for choice there.  Do take the opportunity to visit the Intrepid Air and Space Museum -- well worth it.  I would personally recommend not visiting the Statue of Liberty directly, you'll get some great photo ops from the Staten Island Ferry instead.  For night-life, there are some great "secret" bars and lounges if you reserve in advance.  I can give you a few tips on those.  Remember that if you're on Manhattan, MetLife stadium is only accessible from Penn Station via the New Jersey line, and it's not easy to find that particular track.  That said, it's almost never worth taking a cab!

I think NickyNyce is from New York, and probably has his own views.

Buckethead

Quote from: Ryan Timothy on Thu 29/11/2012 05:42:22
Hey.

I keep trying to render an image of something I've modeled in Maya 2013 but it keeps rendering in polygon instead of the smooth surfaces (NURBS? or whatever it's called). Is there a setting I'm missing?

Edit: Bah! I'm an idiot. I didn't realize pressing 3 was any different from Mesh > Smooth. But it worries me there's no turning back once you've smoothed it..

You need something called Soften/harden edges. It has been a while since I've used Maya so I can't really remember how it works. But hopefully it points you in the right direction.

GoldenBomb

Hey! I have a logitech non working mouse (wireless) and a camera that accepts a usb port.. then i was wondering... why not ask someone if they knew how I could connect the usb from within the mouse to the camera:D do u guys know if its even possible? i wanna use a logitech 5235 mouse for the project.. (and btw the camera only accepts mini-usb but im using an adapter to connect it to my Mac and it works as a webcam:) Needs answers quick, thanks!

Stee

How about connecting the mouse to the pc via usb?
<Babar> do me, do me, do me! :D
<ProgZMax> I got an idea - I reached in my pocket and pulled out my Galen. <timofonic2> Maybe I'm a bit gay, enough for do multitask and being romantical

EchosofNezhyt

Not sure if I'm understanding this right but I don't think that would work.

amateurhour

Are you saying you want to use the wireless mouse dongle to send pictures to the computer wireless? That won't work.     
Co-Founder of Pink Pineapple Ink Pink Pineapple Ink
Creator of the online comic Trouble Ticket Trouble Ticket

Khris

I'm reminded of when my boss tried to connect an ancient tape backup device which had a 25 pin serial plug to a PC using a modem cable (25 to 9 pin) and a 9 pin to usb mouse adapter. Never mind that the cable's configuration would have to be exactly right by accident and that you'd need usb drivers for the device (which obviously didn't exist).

And a few days ago, the husband of a client made their apartment go dark because when trying to fix the cable of a floor lamp he had accidentally cut while unwrapping the lamp, he couldn't be bothered to connect the wires to each other separately and put them all together inside the screw joint.

Sooo, let me get this straight, because I can't make heads or tails of your post: do you want to "fix" the mouse? By connecting the mouse's wireless dongle to the camera's usb port? How would you then connect the camera to the PC?
I'm curious how your "project" will turn out, keep us posted.

EchosofNezhyt

Quote from: Khris on Wed 12/12/2012 12:09:27
I'm reminded of when my boss tried to connect an ancient tape backup device which had a 25 pin serial plug to a PC using a modem cable (25 to 9 pin) and a 9 pin to usb mouse adapter. Never mind that the cable's configuration would have to be exactly right by accident and that you'd need usb drivers for the device (which obviously didn't exist).

And a few days ago, the husband of a client made their apartment go dark because when trying to fix the cable of a floor lamp he had accidentally cut while unwrapping the lamp, he couldn't be bothered to connect the wires to each other separately and put them all together inside the screw joint.

Sooo, let me get this straight, because I can't make heads or tails of your post: do you want to "fix" the mouse? By connecting the mouse's wireless dongle to the camera's usb port? How would you then connect the camera to the PC?
I'm curious how your "project" will turn out, keep us posted.

/LAFF

Nikolas

Say...

A couple of questions, mostly gathering opinions I guess:

1. I'm about to send various emails to magazines, etc. I have their emails and phone numbers. Should I call first and then email, or email and then call to check up (after some reasonable time has passed)?

2. This email should be straight forward text? With some html inside (links for example and an image as signature)? A full fledged html mail (with images, links, videos, etc? Like a newsletter type of thing)?

Comments?

Jaffles

Does anyone know of a good tutorial for drawing walkcycles up and down? (i.e. towards the player and away)

All the ones I could find were side-to-side.

Thanks!

miguel

Hi guys!
I've been using paypal to send money and until recently it has worked fine. Now, it started acting stupid and declining sendings due to my card. I went to my bank and checked what I already knew: all is okay and my credit limit is fine.
Paypal can't fix it and while googling for similar situations I found that it happens a lot to people.
I'm considering mooneybookers, any advice on them?
Thanks!
Working on a RON game!!!!!

selmiak

I'm inside and can't find my keys! Help!
And also missing a shoe since yesterday :P

Tabata

Quote from: selmiak on Sun 23/12/2012 18:15:59
I'm inside and can't find my keys! Help!
And also missing a shoe since yesterday :P
No need to worry - that is normal!
(in prison) (laugh)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk