Ask something - We can help.

Started by Stupot, Fri 19/12/2008 20:06:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Andail

Did you you uncheck the aa box before drawing the mask?

Anian

Quote from: Andail on Wed 05/06/2013 22:36:06
Yeah, that might be why.

Also, just additional info, you have options of Brush and Pen (Pen is of course for pixel art), but to erase you choose the eraser then change the Mode to Pencil in order to delete with a sharp edge.
I don't want the world, I just want your half

LimpingFish

Would having Feathered selections (not sure it that's officially the term) have something to do with it?
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Monsieur OUXX

Oh yes, you're right, maybe i didn't do it in the correct order. I've been searching for the cause of the issue and tried many things so it got a bit mixed up.
But I had no idea the order was important, since in photoshop a lot of things are calculated on-the-fly (like the dropped shadows, etc.). Thus I thought one first drew the pixel-perfect outline and then Photoshop would do the corresponding processing depending on whether or not the box is ticked.

Quote from: Anian on Wed 05/06/2013 22:58:41
you have options of Brush and Pen (Pen is of course for pixel art), but to erase you choose the eraser then change the Mode to Pencil in order to delete with a sharp edge.
That's probably the reason!!!
That's why I hate photoshop: the interface isn't consistent with itself. So, when you want to draw the tool selection (brush or pencil) is in the main toolbar, but when you want to erase, there is a third tool (eraser) but it's redundant to the two others -- since you still have to select the mode, except this time you must choose the behaviour in the top-hand bar. AAAaaaargh!

Thanks a lot, that's a life saver.

Anian

Yeah this might be a bit confusing, but I think it was made so it's more accessible over keyboard shortcuts because it's mostly made for working on photographs and well it's interface clunkiness is nothing compared to Illustrator, with the Live Paint options and using the Knife tool etc. that's a freaking mess of some internal logic.

MiteWiseacreLives!

Just in case anyone is concerned about *my* problem >:(
After like the sixth time Artgem crashed while saving, I found I could take a screen shot and paste at least a bunch of my work into paint (including a nicely bordered "Windows has encountered a serious error" box). Saved me much frustration, for reference although no one uses Artgem...

Ghost

Help plz. I stumbled over a clip video while looking for an old Alice Cooper song. I realised that I can identify roughly 95% of the movies used to make this video. I am in hot pursuit of the remaining 5%.

Does someone recognise the movie clip shown at 0.25? I thought it was Clockwork Orange but it's been ages since I saw that one. Wouldn't fit with the theme, though.

[edit]

Question NOW with actual link to video  :-[

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuGs3R-Tpfk

DoorKnobHandle

Khris

I'm roughly 95% sure that's Clockwork Orange ;)

Atelier

Screen-shotted and did search by image - it is Clockwork Orange!

Ghost

Oh man. Now I feel stupid. Still, cool song. Thanks!  :P

Anian

Quote from: MiteWiseacreLives! on Thu 06/06/2013 08:31:06
Just in case anyone is concerned about *my* problem >:(
After like the sixth time Artgem crashed while saving, I found I could take a screen shot and paste at least a bunch of my work into paint (including a nicely bordered "Windows has encountered a serious error" box). Saved me much frustration, for reference although no one uses Artgem...
Well, you haven't actually said this happens to you in Artgem. I think InCreator and some other folks work in Artgem, so they might know, in general though, since it seems to be unstable on your OS, maybe change to ASE sprite editor, GIMP, Grafx2 or something similar?

selmiak

@Ghost: 100% sure it's clockwork orange. Alex breaking into the house of the cat lady and killing her with one of the huge porcellaine phalluses...

MiteWiseacreLives!

Yah Anian.. your probably right , maybe my harddrive is failing ??

Snarky

Quote from: Monsieur OUXX on Thu 06/06/2013 08:05:17
Oh yes, you're right, maybe i didn't do it in the correct order. I've been searching for the cause of the issue and tried many things so it got a bit mixed up.
But I had no idea the order was important, since in photoshop a lot of things are calculated on-the-fly (like the dropped shadows, etc.). Thus I thought one first drew the pixel-perfect outline and then Photoshop would do the corresponding processing depending on whether or not the box is ticked.

Although Photoshop shows the selection as a "pixel-perfect" outline, that's just for display. The actual selection is made as you select, and can cover pixels partially, but the outline just marks pixels that are more than 50% selected. It's all done on the fly, so yeah, you have to set anti-aliasing the way you want it before you draw your selection. (It can sometimes be useful to turn the anti-aliasing options on and off as you're creating the selection, so some parts are anti-aliased and some are not.) With the "refine edge" option you can see which parts are fully and partially selected, and edit it further using filters etc. If you are deleting regions, it can also sometimes be useful to use layer masks rather than just raw selections.

m0ds

Has anyone heard/experienced EXE's not loading with Win 7, particularly large ones (up to 1gb) - or freezing the OS on attempting to run/right click it? In this particular case it's an install file. I haven't found much about it and don't use Win 7 but I've been asked again recently and thought I'd ask amongst expert EXE clickers :) Thanks!

Ghost

Quote from: Mods on Mon 24/06/2013 16:14:57
Has anyone heard/experienced EXE's not loading with Win 7, particularly large ones (up to 1gb)

I had that with the Fallout3 expansions. Their exe is huge (over 1 Gig actually) and the system "froze" when I ran them.
I chalked it up to the DVD Drive and copied the file to disk to run it from there- again, system froze: but after a good ten minutes the file WAS executed.
Win7 on a 2.4 Dualcore with 4Gig of RAM.

arj0n

Quote from: Mods on Mon 24/06/2013 16:14:57
Has anyone heard/experienced EXE's not loading with Win 7, particularly large ones (up to 1gb) - or freezing the OS on attempting to run/right click it? In this particular case it's an install file. I haven't found much about it and don't use Win 7 but I've been asked again recently and thought I'd ask amongst expert EXE clickers :) Thanks!
Sometimes it might help to run the exe as admin (rightmousebutton) instead of just clicking them with the left mousebutton.

m0ds

Thanks. You made me think it could be as simple as lack of space on HDD perhaps. Basically when trying to reach that right click 'run as' menu it's freezing this persons Explorer window or such. This isn't documented via google search in any capacity and I've not heard of it beyond these couple of contacts. I saw slightly similar symptoms from a virus once, but then all EXE's became unavailable to open. Not sure why just this one would (and it's worked fine for plenty of other people many of which on Win 7 I think). Strange one. Cheers Arjon!

Ryan Timothy B

I'm currently using Unity making a 3D test game for experimenting and learning. I have a question that I'm not sure what is appropriate. If you were to have a bunch of game objects, would it better to have each object with their own texture, or should I group textures with similar objects.

For instance if I made a desk and bookshelf that might show up in other rooms together, or sometimes separate, would I be better off grouping those two textures together, or having each separate?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk