A Second Face - "The Eye of Geltz is watching Us" - Torrero Edition (Spanish)

Started by Le Woltaire, Tue 23/12/2008 12:11:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Le Woltaire

A Second Face
- The Eye of Geltz is watching us -

In the infinity of space there is a planet with two faces turning around an old, white sun to which it always shows the same side. The other is enveloped in total darkness.

On each face life has developed in a different way. The bright side is inhabited by people who call themselves Strefis, the illuminated ones, while the dark side is populated by the Ugeltz, the people of night.

No Ugeltz has ever seen a Strefis however each civilisation remembers the other, in legends.

Download the full German, English, Italian, Polish and Spanish game here (96 MB) :
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/games.php?action=download&game=1115

Mirror 1:
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/games.php?action=download&game=1115&mirror=1

www.asecondface.com

Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mK_xlqIzfc

Version:
Current version is version 1.6 (Torrero Edition)

Changes from Version 1.5 (Mazurek Edition):
- Updated the game to AGS Version 3.2
- Added Spanish translation (translation by Ptraci and Cireja)
- Improved all run cycles of Rabokk
- Rebuilt the original soundtrack with better samples
- Added two game given hints for keypoints in the storyline
- Made the game more compatible with Windows7 and vista
- Improved the word parser dictionary (+500 words)
- Fixed a bug with the background music during voice dialogs

Changes from Version 1.4 (Spaghetti Edition):
- Added Polish translation
- Made ambient sounds continuous during the Strefis Cutscene
- Fixed Morok's flying head in the vision cutscene
- Fixed the colored region bug that appeared when Direct3D is used
- Fixed a Direct3D related Object bug in the intro
- Fixed a Direct3D related Object bug in the last scene
- Added an installer with different languages for the game
- The Maze music was edited: It is now a choir that talks about transgression, light and darkness
- All savegames get built in the games folder now

Changes from Version 1.3:
- Game was compiled with AGS 3.12
- Added Italian translation and Italian language kit
- Made the Verbcoin borders a bit wider to make it more handy
- Added a hint that created more direction when dealing with the substance
- Added a message for an action with the juice extractor
- Corrected the save and load GUI proportions
- Overworked the walkable areas in the main city map
- Added new walking and speaking animations for Rabokk

Changes from Version 1.2:
- Fixed a speech bug in a dialog line with Brafok
- Fixed a small door issue in the avenue
- Fixed some small errors in the English translation

Changes from Version 1.1:
- Deleted some more spelling errors in the English version.
- Fixed a Bug, that caused a crash, when someone wanted to reenter the temple after directly leaving it.
- Fixed a wrong message after mixing some ingredients
- Fixed a wrong message with the lid of the juice extractor
- Fixed a useless walk to hotspot in the temple
- Fixed a wrong message when using a pedestrial in the maze
- Fixed some potential error at the palace that could cause a game crash when talking to Mandor
- Added a hotspot to the maze
- Made a walkbehind area more accurate
- Made even the smaller cutscenes skipable

Changes from Version 1.0:
- Made two rooms more accessible (made region bigger)
- Added optional third glass (for less confusion about all the liquids in the game)
- It is no longer possible to have two water glasses or substances at the same time
- Fixed a bug that made a second conversation with the upper class people not instantly possible
- A bug that hanged the game up after asking Morok something was corrected
- Rabokk was clickable in the cell, this is no longer possible now

Changes from BETA 0.9:
- Added inventory indicator if mouse wheel scrolling is possible
- Proof read German translation
- Made the gaining of Margin units a bit easier
- A small bug that hanged the game up after asking the cook something twice was corrected
- Some bugs of the same type in a conversation with Groth were corrected.
- Added five additional reactions for wrong inventory combinations. (such as: "I am not a fisherman." for "use fishing rod on river")

System Requirements:
1.2 GHz Machine
600 MB disk space
DirectDraw 5
Windows XP

The game includes German and English voices.
It is a full lenght game with investigative character,
based on a fantasy world.

I wouldn't recommend this game for kids under 12 years.

My thanks go to all who helped to conclude this project:
Javier Kohen, Alasdair Beckett, Katharina Wallisch, Sinitrena, Peder Johnsen, Idoia Irazuzta, Julio Pozo, Goriniche, Paul Giaccone

May the Eye of Geltz watch over them.

Buckethead

neon

I've downloaded and played a little bit. Seems like german speech output is incomplete? I don't have speech in some parts of the game. Also the readme file says that this is a beta version. Will there be a final release?

Nice game so far. Graphics are well made and the story is very dark and interesting. I will continue playing and give you more feedback in a few hours.

Le Woltaire

The game is partially voice acted. Just the major cutscenes have voices in both languages. It will remain like this.

Beta is just, because I wasn't sure if there still are minor bugs in it (e.g. spelling errors).
The game is definitely completely playable without any serious problems.

Practically I could have named it version 1.0...

neon

Ok, I found a typo, but can't remember it anymore. I will play from scratch and send you a message.

Thanks for the game.

AlbinoPanther

First I would like to congraulates you! I've waited for this release for awhile! Since the day I played your game Masters of sound :) I fell in love with your storytelling!

Aside from that graphics in your games looks quite good too!

Before I download this, can you please explain to me one thing. Is this the final release? Are there english voice overs in current version?

Thanks and bye

jkohen

Quote from: AlbinoPanther on Tue 23/12/2008 18:08:27
Is this the final release? Are there english voice overs in current version?

I'll answer this until Le Woltaire can update the first post to clarify the situation. Yes, this is the final release barring major bugs. That said, the game has been tested well enough. I was the last one to play it last yesterday and I couldn't find any scripting bug to speak of. It was also my first time playing the game, so believe me, I tried lots of "stupid" actions :-)

The voice overs are present in both German and English versions. The coverage should be the same, i.e. most cut-scenes. This a lot of text ― some cut-scenes are long and in my opinion the voice overs are hilarious. Don't worry, the music will keep you entertained even then when the characters remain silent.

Le Woltaire

As mentioned: In both languages there are partial voice overs.
Just the main cutscenes are voice acted.
It will remain like this.

The current release may contain some minor spelling errors...
It is possible, that I will bring out a modified translation file,
that can be downloaded seperately later.

Like every game by me it surely will get updated during the next year many times,
without changing the storyline or the puzzles. I will just smooth out some small things.

Five persons tested this release, I had a 8 hour chat-session with a blashirkh yesterday to see if any serious bug has hidden, that might prevent someone from concluding the game.

All puzzles animations, sound and music is included in this release.
So I'd call it the full release.

Dualnames

Yay this is finished. Thanks for this Xmas Gift.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

neon

Found a bug

Spoiler
After I got the knife from the cook and asking a second time, I say 'thanks again for the knife'. Then, there is no more chance to do anything. The talking line does not appear and I have no chance to leave the closeup view with the cook.
[close]

jkohen

Quote from: neon on Tue 23/12/2008 23:07:49
Found a bug

Spoiler
After I got the knife from the cook and asking a second time, I say 'thanks again for the knife'. Then, there is no more chance to do anything. The talking line does not appear and I have no chance to leave the closeup view with the cook.
[close]

Nice catch. My suggestion: don't ask for the knife twice ― you'll only be cutting things with one hand.

neon

I wanted to give it back. I'm a nice guy ;-)

AlbinoPanther

I think that your website is down? Check this out.
By the way I am happy to say that I started download...

I recived an e-mail from you (I even forgot that I subsribed to news :) ) today about Second face being released!

If you need some place to host your website (up to 8mb) I can provide you sub domain on my website (it's not yet finished) it could be like this http://faces.najboljiprovod.com

pm me if you are interested

Cheers

neon

The download is nearly 100 MB.

This game is really good. The puzzles are well thought, the story is very good. I didn't expect that it unfolds this way. I'm in the temple now and it's getting better and better. Grab your copy and play it!

Stupot

I'm still playing this game.
I'm really loving it.  The graphics are sweet, the soundtrack is great and the pacing of the story so far is spot-on.  The text-parser dialouge feature works really well and it's fun trying all the different words on various people.  This is fast becoming one of my favourite AGS games of all time.

I did however spot a minor spelling mistake... Orga, the vegetable lady says 'Thnak you' instead of 'thank you'...

Leon

Playing on and on... just don't want to stop. Want to see everything, talk to everyone. Very entertaining game. Great graphics. I like the parallax effect when moving. Well done!

Some notable quotes from the game while...

...looking at the books in the library: "ere are lots of information here about our culture."
...looking at the creature in the lab: "This thing definitly doesn't from our waters."
...using the cabinets from the scientists: "I should ask someone, if I want for something special..."
...talking to the slavetrader about 'slave': "Can you tell me something about yourselv, slave trader?"
Ultimate Game Solutions - Because there is a solution for everything

Akatosh

To sum up my thoughts about this game in five words: Play it, it is awesome. ;)

And sorry I couldn't help betatesting after all. Stupid real-life got in the way.  :-\

JayBTV

Downloaded this a few days ago but just got around to starting.  Wanted to say GREAT JOB!  Seems like a very very cool game.  I'm only about 10min in but I really like the flow.  The word responses will take some getting used to but it reminds me of the original Kings Quest where you had to come up w/ the right word.

Thanks a lot for all the work and for sharing this gem!!!

-Jay

Stupot

Finally finished :) with a smidgin of help from H&T
I loved it!  This game is something else.

Spoiler
Is there only the one ending? It seemed a bit bleak, being knocked out by Torg and having that cube stolen.  But I noticed in the credits that the story will continue... which brought a smile to my face.
[close]
:)

eflatmajor

Found a bug

When I talk to Morok about the palace she (he?) says she doesnt know anyone there but the cook buys stuff from her place from time to time then i cant do anything because theres no text box. Was there supposed to be some kind of alternate story line where Morok was posing as the vegetable woman or something? because that wouldve been an awesome twist.

Also the spelling between Goozon and Gozoon seems to alternate a few times.
Or maybe i just spelt it wrong and it picked it up, I'm not sure.

Pretty good game, final puzzle was abit annoying but not because of the puzzle itself, more because of the annoying way Rabokk walks

Also when trapped in the cell you can put the cursor over Rabokk and his name shows up. This doesnt happen anywhere else and theres not much you can do so its not really much of a bug.

Essex

Just finished the game.
Really great work.
Surely among the best that has ever been done with this engine.
When is the release of the sequel?

Goldmund

This game is wonderful!

I couldn't stop playing, so I've spent most of my night with it and I finished at 6am.

It has fantastic atmosphere, haunting graphics, great characters and serious storyline. For me, it's easily one of the ten best independent adventure games, not only AGS ones. I loved the textbox as well!

But above all else, I love the world you've created, a world from dreams, governed by its own laws. I yearned to learn more about Gozoon trees and the mysterious margin, I cared for the cleaning woman who had no name... I can't stop congratulating you on this effort!

Have you based your universe and story on some book or film? If not, you have an amazing imagination! What a breath of fresh air after quasi-cthulhu-c-grade-horror-primary-school-fanfic of some other highly praised games ;-)

I've played it and a commercial game "Nikopol" at the same time, and it's amazing how projects with huge budgets and tons of people working on them can fail in competition with one-man's honest work.

Oh, and also congratulations for the courage in showing more adult situations; this has added a lot to the depth of the game!

Now, let's head to the spoiler area...
Spoiler
You said somewhere that this game had no "good" characters. This made me afraid that the second instalment would take place in the realm of light and be filled with goody-goody bores. One of the best features of Eye of Geltz was the moral decay of the town.
I think that if beings of dark are unhappy without the light, the light beings should also be unhappy with their dark side suppressed. I'd love it if the lady who goes to find her shadow at the ending felt the emptiness of her boring and castrating "praise the sun, do nothing evil" world.

Oh, and the "catch the eye" puzzle sucked big time... ;-)
[close]

sthomannch

Excellent game, I couldn't stop playing it until I finished it! Le Woltaire, you get 10 out of 10 :-)

Le Woltaire

New Year Message:

Before you read this you should know, that I am totally drunk...
My girlfriend just brought me home and I maybe should already lie in my bed...
But I felt like writing a small message in order to thank all people that wrote something positive about my new game...

It was a difficult year for me... I had no real job and tried to keep myself up with some small web orders... Although I have a master degree in architecture with very good grades I choose not to apply for some big company and have a regular live...

Instead of this I created another adventure game which was something like a suicide project firstly about a guy who was looking for light... This game costed me a lot of time and energy... sometimes it honestly brought me to the limit of my powers... 

Now that I am finished with it I feel somehow empty, because I am still looking for the initiate spark for the sequel. But all messages that I got from you gave me a lot of power and hope...

At this point I would like to thank for all donations that I got from your side. With your help I was able to buy a new quality micro that will improve the quality of my sounds and voice actings (I worked with a 5$ karaoke micro since now).

I always believe that everyone of us can make something individual...
Adventure Game Studio carries a message of freedom in this sense...
In a world where industry is more important than ideas independant works gain an important value. They carry the spirit of freedom in their soul... It doesn't matter if it is an independent movie, a painting, a piece of music or maybe just a computer game. Most important is the believe in what you are doing...

The great artists that are my ideals - Vincent Van Gogh, Fritz Lang, Werner Herzog, Rainer Werner Fassbinder and many more- are just small carriers of a message that could change our cold world into a dreamlike world of light and darkness. This is why I tried to contribute with my small message in form of a computer game...

Whatever you do in the next year wherever you are... just try to keep looking for some light...

Technocrat

Very deep there, Le Woltaire. The amount of thought put into this game obviously shows, and makes a very refreshing change from the usual pirates/space/detective adventures that are popular within AGS (not that I don't like them, just that this is very welcome!)

Clever use of puzzles, very nice graphical style. For some reason, I was initially reminded of Alone in the Dark (the first couple). I look forward to seeing where this story goes!

Mordalles

Great game! one of my favourites for the year. It's really a very well thought out world, some really great voice acting (i would never have known that it was you who did all those different voices if i didn't see it in the credits), really engaging world, i really loved the look of the undertown backgrounds, great music, overall a fun adventure! thanks, le woltaire!

"It's a fairy! She's naked! Curse these low-res graphics!" - Duty and Beyond

buddha

I finished it yesterday and that was a great game! I liked the attention to detail with little animation bits here and there (e.g. the people on the map) and some parallax scrolling. Also the market scene was wicked, all those characters walking around everywhere etc. Very nicely done, it made the market really come to life. The music of the game was very fitting as well, it fit the whole atmosphere very well and sometimes reminded me a bit of the music from the Longest Journey. I'm looking forward to what you come up with for the next part of the game.

One of my only real gripes was with the protagonist's walkcycle, at time it really seemed too 'wooden'. But I was surprised at how many action-animations you made, that shows dedication! ;) A bravo from me as well for not shying away from more mature themes.

Just a couple of things regarding the story:
Spoiler

-One thing that seemed a little weird to me was that people wouldn't know the king's son or show him a little more respect. When the next in line for the throne would ask something you'd expect people to be a little more forthcoming.
-Another thing was that the son of the king has only access to 15 pieces of margin. Being royalty I'd expect him to easily buy a couple of slaves without blinking twice over the price.  :) I understand that without all this half the puzzles would be gone, it's just something that struck me while playing.
[close]
Anyway, you've succeded in making a great game Woltaire, so all the blood, sweat and tears that went into it were definitely worth it. Good luck with the next chapter.

Le Woltaire

Just updated another time...

@ Goldmund:
Spoiler

Although the realm of light will be filled with goody-goody bores their society will surely have it's problems. All masterpiece societies can't work. Take a look at Atlantis in Indiana Jones 4.
But anyway the next part of the game will bring an entirely new element into the story...
[close]

@ buddha:
Spoiler

Rabokk is unexperienced and never really left the palace during his education. Noone knows him really in the town for now. Since the Margin runs out there is simply not much left. The whole kingdom is decaying and runs out in its economic method. Therefore the youngest son without any real power and experience doesn't carry much Margin and is not really known...
[close]

Peder 🚀

Great game! ;D, just finished it instead of going bed to sleep! hehe :P
I love it!
Really well done!

I give you 6 of 6 grins:
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I am allready excited to hear more about the next game!

saluk

Amazing.

Have not completed it yet, and I'm savoring it.  Haven't even looked for hints like I usually do.  All of the dialogue keywords, and the fact that every character has DIFFERENT responses to every keyword makes it feel so much more realistic and engrossing.  Trying to memorize the keywords instead of writing them down makes it feel more like I am integrating into this strange society.  Others have mentioned the walking, that's my single complaint as well.  Both the frames and the movement are really jerky, and it is a bit distracting, especially compared to the quality of everything else.

Thanks for spending so much time to make it!  I actually had some of the music stuck in my head the other day (I think it might have been from Alien, but still.  It made me think of your game instead of Alien!).

kaputtnik

I've just been playing for a while and only stopped to review before the enthusiasm wears off and fades into a too clinical point of view - I've played all of your games before, and I really feel that at that point, all the dispersed elements of your talent have finally come together.

The clean, slightly Bauhaus-style of your architecture, the feeling for classical composition, the writing - all melt together to one epic adventure game. Epic both in terms of storytelling and - hopefully - actual impact on the independent gaming world.

Excellent work.
I, object.

Ulla

Just finished...finally!
Compliments for this...
It is something...new...and special...unique.
At least I never played something like this.
I'm just asking myself:
How can a single person make all that?
The amount of work must have been enormous.
All these close-ups and tons of animations.
I also played all your other games before and see the style.
However the setting is absolutely different.
You left the humour away and concentrated on the plot.
More games like this one would add real quality to the independent gaming scene.

Dualnames

Well, got to say the Intro owns. Someone had to say. It reminded me of the feeling I had when I was first watching Star Wars Episode IV so good job.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Fritzi

Great game!

I didn't vote for this game for the nominations, because I hadn't played it yet.
But this weekend I've played it and  I'll vote for it .

The strongest points of the game are clearly the description of the society as a whole
and the visual impact of the city itself - as a whole.  The Orff music was
very appropriate!

The description of  individual psychology  could have been more worked out,
and the puzzles were not really difficult. I liked the last one though, I believe it
was an original abstract puzzle. Those are not so easy to invent.

I'm impressed by your dedication, and I really look forward to the next installment.

Exrael

It was a breathtaking game!! Absolutely worthy of a "Motion Picture" description, and yet the "Interactive" part of it was extremely pleasing as well, though the Avenue was a bit lengthy. The music and art was extremely atmospheric, and the story background drew you into the scenes very much!

I know it's nothing close to a tribute, but this is just something I sketched on notebook paper today in Literature... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v192/chilichilada/asf.jpg
(Yes, I know Rabokk is not green, and his face is skewed! I just hued them both green before I started randomly shading, and it stuck.)
I shaded them a little in PS, and here is the end result...

Anyways! I enjoyed this game very much, and I truly anticipate the sequel. Thank you for all that you do, Le Woltaire!

Le Woltaire

Dear Exrael,

Let me tell you, that I appreciated your picture very much. I instantly showed it to all voice actors and helpers, and they liked it as well.

I included the drawing on the website of "A Second Face" and in a thread at my forum. (I hope that I was allowed to do that, if not, please let me know...)

http://faces.sitesled.com/ (click on fan art)
http://www.razyboard.com/system/morethread-a-second-face-le_woltaire-1730935-5541188-0.html

If I recieve more drawings from you all, I will add them to this directory so we have a small gallery with your imaginations about the game. I am always happy to get any feedback especially if it is a creative and personal one like in this case.

I am currently writing the story for the next two parts and every picture, poem, video or music file that I get will influence my personal reflections and maybe also the storyline of the sequels...

Thank you all for comments and fan art.

Exrael

Thank you so much... I will make sure to draw a better fanart in the future, when I get a tablet. I'm so happy you liked it! It was just a simple headshot sketch without much emotion... I will definitely get something better done!!

By the way, I think SiteSled is down, so we cannot access your page yet... But thank you for posting it up as fanart! I feel very much honored. ;-;

Sallow

Once every few months/years or so the AGS community produces a real gem. For me, this game was one such gem.

First of all, the atmosphere was incredible. The combination of the solemn voice acting, graphics and music just took my breath away! I was glued to my computer screen until I had finished and then I was disappointed that there wasn't more to play.

The story was incredible, very engrossing! It was very original and poetic, just very creative overall.

I really felt for the characters; their personalities were wonderful. I loved exploring, and the ability to type in key words.  Usually, I really have a hard time with old adventure games that ask the player to type in commands but A Second Face was different. I kept a small notepad next to me and wrote down keywords as I discovered them. There were never too many words at a time to pay attention to, and this also made it easier to keep track.

You can really tell how much time and effort went into this game; it's a must-play in my humble opinion.

I can't wait til your next installment comes out! Keep up the amazing work!
 click to help them grow

paolo

I'm still working my way through the game and enjoying it very much.

I've found a few bugs:

Spoiler
I'm not sure whether this is the one mentioned in the first post, but if you leave the temple through the hole and then attempt to re-enter by the main entrance, the guards cross and then uncross their weapons, you hear Groth say "Wait for me!" and then the game crashes as it attempts to move the Groth (who is not present) to the interior of the temple.
[close]

Spoiler
It's not possible to walk directly from the prison to the temple. If, on the map, you click on the temple after leaving the prison, the figure of Rabokk remains where it is. This might be more a bug in AGS's path-finding algorithm than in the game itself.
[close]

Spoiler
If, while you are with Groth, you attempt to walk into the doctor's surgery or the tavern, the door opens in each case and Groth asks whether you are going to the temple. When you return to the avenue later, the doors are still open. This isn't a bug as such, but more of an inconsistency with the game world - given that there is a fire in the tavern, it must be cold, so no one would want to leave doors open.
[close]

Le Woltaire

Hi Paolo,

The first bug was already corrected for the newest version about two weeks ago.
Maybe you are playing with version 1.1 or older.

The second bug can't be corrected, it is indeed a path find problem of the AGS engine, since the walkable area is always there, but pretty complex and tiny I presume.

Thank you for the third note... I am so stupid sometimes...

EDIT:
Game has been updated to v1.3

Snarky

Congratulations on the game!

I just finished it, and while it wasn't quite my cup of tea (I left my comments on the game page), I do think that it's great that you've been able to make such a peculiar game, more or less by yourself, and that it's finding an audience. And I like how the atmosphere is sustained throughout.

One thing: Does the verb coin have to go away if you move the cursor outside it? It seemed unnecessarily fiddly to use.

Le Woltaire

Hi Snarky, thank you for your comment!

To answer your question: You are the second person who mentions the verb coin issue. I now decided to make the region bigger, that causes the verb coin to disappear. I think especially people with a fast mouse might have this problem, that they sometimes surpass the verbcoin accidentally.

SoSheSaid

I just wanted to let you know that I really enjoyed this game. It is really obvious that you put a lot of thought into every aspect of it. The atmosphere throughout the whole game was my favorite part, followed very closely by the conversations with the various characters. I noticed a couple typo's, but it wasn't anything that really hindered my enjoyment of the game as a whole whatsoever. This game is definitely in my top 5 favorite AGS games &  I cannot wait for a sequel!
"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." ~Carl Sagan

Kitty Trouble

There was a bug, in the room to the upper-left of the room you start in. I forget what I clicked on, but my game crashed with the error of something like

In room 12..

oObject0.Interact no such module

or something

Le Woltaire

Rest in Peace Christian Lenz: 11.08.1972 - 05.02.2009

Christian Lenz supported the game A Second Face in his last days.
The last time I saw him, I showed him Exrael's Fanart picture, and he seemed to like it.
We shared some wine and bread, when I talked to him about the sequel, and the future of the game.

For unknown reasons Christian on Thursday 05.02.2009 decided to bring his own life to an end.
He was 37 years old and leaves his 10 years old son Maximilian in this world.

ThreeOhFour

Always sad to lose a friend, especially when there is a child.

My sympathy.

Exrael

I'm sorry such a terribly sad thing happened to you and his son. I hope there will be brighter days ahead for both of you.

Le Woltaire

Thanks to Paolo we can bring you the Spaghetti Edition of A Second Face.

It includes new walking animations for the player character, an Italian translation and several small edits.

I am releasing this now, but I have almost drunken a bottle of wine...
So if you discover a bug, please tell me because I can't figure out very much right now...

Big thanks to Paolo for his 10.000 lines Italian work!

paolo

Quote from: Le Woltaire on Wed 25/03/2009 23:12:52
Big thanks to Paolo for his 10.000 lines Italian work!

Prego! Uffa, quanto lavoro! (You're welcome! Phew, what a lot of work!) I hope those of us on AGS who speak Italian enjoy it, and I apologise in advance for any errors that might have slipped into my translation.

agsatoes

I get an error when I play 'A Second Face.' I asked the prison keeper of keys about 'guild' and the game crashes. It also seemed to crash with other inquiries, and also in Italian.

But very nice game, and I do enjoy the Italian translation!

Leon

Ultimate Game Solutions - Because there is a solution for everything

agsatoes

ACI version 3.12.1074
in room85.asc line 53
error: Said: supplied word schl is not in dictionary or is an ignored word

Le Woltaire

Ah... OK...
I knew that I missed one...

"Supplied word Schl..."

Refers to "Schlüssel" and is a error that came with the conversion to AGS 3.1 from 3.0
For some reason all dialog words that contained a mutated vowel crashed the game after the conversion...

However you don't need the dialogue to conclude the game.
The prison will be used only in the third part of the game serie and is a pure gadget location in the first part...

I will correct and upload this bug in about three days...

Stee

Let me know when you've done so, Im not a fan of AGS3D stuff but this looks interesting.
<Babar> do me, do me, do me! :D
<ProgZMax> I got an idea - I reached in my pocket and pulled out my Galen. <timofonic2> Maybe I'm a bit gay, enough for do multitask and being romantical

Le Woltaire

OK, the dialogue should work now.
Let me know if it doesn't, please.

Kitty Trouble

Sorry about the bump here, but are you still planning a sequel to this?

Le Woltaire

I am now releasing the Polish "Mazurek Edition" of "A Second Face".
The full changelist is on the frontpage.
Polish players should read the Polish readme.
If there are any problems with the game, please inform me.

I want to thank Kastchey for his incredible patience and modesty, that made this translation possible.
It was not easy to get Polish letters in the game and we had to face many other difficulties during the translation process.

anthonyjmf

Hi Le Woltaire,

Well done on a great game, I knew you must have come from an architectural background as the backdrops and scenes are very good. I especially like the focus element of characters up front, or the perspective maintained throughout with the margin factory in backdrop throughout; the whole story of margin defeciency is great, and mirrrors our true story of oil shortages etc. I work as a sustainable architect so would be interested in developing a similar game sometime in the future!

ON this game, I must be very new to adventure games or just not getting the plot, but can't seem to progress past the second glass of juice of which three are needed to power the lamp. I presume i need fishing rod to get last one from park, then shut down the power plant to remove water from stove, then somehow talk bout it to the girl in bar, ...just cant see how to earn 20 units to buy the rod!

Anyway, I havent seen any hints on hint site yet, so can u shed some light on this one?

Cheers,

Anthony

Quote from: Le Woltaire on Thu 01/01/2009 03:05:51
New Year Message:

Before you read this you should know, that I am totally drunk...
My girlfriend just brought me home and I maybe should already lie in my bed...
But I felt like writing a small message in order to thank all people that wrote something positive about my new game...

It was a difficult year for me... I had no real job and tried to keep myself up with some small web orders... Although I have a master degree in architecture with very good grades I choose not to apply for some big company and have a regular live...

Instead of this I created another adventure game which was something like a suicide project firstly about a guy who was looking for light... This game costed me a lot of time and energy... sometimes it honestly brought me to the limit of my powers... 

Now that I am finished with it I feel somehow empty, because I am still looking for the initiate spark for the sequel. But all messages that I got from you gave me a lot of power and hope...

At this point I would like to thank for all donations that I got from your side. With your help I was able to buy a new quality micro that will improve the quality of my sounds and voice actings (I worked with a 5$ karaoke micro since now).

I always believe that everyone of us can make something individual...
Adventure Game Studio carries a message of freedom in this sense...
In a world where industry is more important than ideas independant works gain an important value. They carry the spirit of freedom in their soul... It doesn't matter if it is an independent movie, a painting, a piece of music or maybe just a computer game. Most important is the believe in what you are doing...

The great artists that are my ideals - Vincent Van Gogh, Fritz Lang, Werner Herzog, Rainer Werner Fassbinder and many more- are just small carriers of a message that could change our cold world into a dreamlike world of light and darkness. This is why I tried to contribute with my small message in form of a computer game...

Whatever you do in the next year wherever you are... just try to keep looking for some light...

Le Woltaire

Hi,
Thank you!
A walkthrough for the game was posted by Leon some time ago:
http://gamesolutions.efzeven.nl/a-second-face-walkthrough-le-woltaire2008/
It should solve your problem.

If you just want the hint:
Yes you need the fishing rod, but later.
You can get the third fruit with another very long object...

anthonyjmf

Finished game last night, is really a great adventure, kinda grows on ya! as an architect I would've thought you'd have an exciting city to explore on the day side of the world, but then I'm sure it takes substantial time to generate one! will there be a second episode of what happens next?

Would be interesting to generate a new world where they use solar power instead of margin or something?

Quote from: Le Woltaire on Tue 23/12/2008 18:24:27
As mentioned: In both languages there are partial voice overs.
Just the main cutscenes are voice acted.
It will remain like this.

The current release may contain some minor spelling errors...
It is possible, that I will bring out a modified translation file,
that can be downloaded seperately later.

Like every game by me it surely will get updated during the next year many times,
without changing the storyline or the puzzles. I will just smooth out some small things.

Five persons tested this release, I had a 8 hour chat-session with a blashirkh yesterday to see if any serious bug has hidden, that might prevent someone from concluding the game.

All puzzles animations, sound and music is included in this release.
So I'd call it the full release.

Le Woltaire

I already have the light city design.
But it's going to develope in a totally unexpected way...

ninerfan

That game was ridiculously good.  I didn't want it to end.   The immersion factor is the one of the best I've ever seen using this engine.   At first the character voices and questionable English seemed odd, but after a while it just seemed to add to that immersion factor. 

Some puzzles were easy.  Some were very tricky.  But they all made sense for the most part.  I really ended up liking the main character quite a bit while hating his brother immensely. 

There is no doubt in my mind that you could be working for a major video game production company.  The story-telling and atmosphere are top notch for this platform. 

Great work and I look forward to your sequel(s). 

Hopefully some day you get paid for your talents.

Grim

Played it for a while but I got a bit stuck... I'm really impressed with the quality of the game, though- it's incredibly good- the backgrounds, the character art.... most everything. I know they're rendered but to me they look like they're made of clay ( which ups the art factor for me).

One thing that out me off is that long intro. From the narration point of view I believe it's a bit of a mistake to start a story with a neverending dialogue between characters that player doesn't know and doesn't care about yet, discussing other-worldly affairs that no one can yet understand. It felt like you tried to force- feed player with all this information but instead you should've introduced it gradually, to make it more immersive and approachable. While intro played I actually went away from the keyboard to make a cup of coffee... :)

But other than that- a truly wonderful game! Thanks:)

anthonyjmf

Great, looking forward to exploring the brighter side of planet! :-)

Quote from: Le Woltaire on Fri 30/10/2009 14:32:33
I already have the light city design.
But it's going to develope in a totally unexpected way...

Julius Dangerous

Timo.

One of the best games I have played, though the graphics and art are not excellent.
Immersing storyline, and an atmosphere which really captures my full concentration.

The many psychological concepts in the game are also very thought-evoking, and left my awaking in the middle of the night, just to want to play the game again.

Kudos.
Smile :]

Le Woltaire

The new version of "A Second Face - The Eye of Geltz is watching Us" is released (Torrero Edition v. 1.6).
It is available at the main download and will update automatically on the mirrors after some time...

It includes a full Spanish translation.

The translation was done by Cireja and Ptraci and we worked about a year together for this.
Since both are working as translators in real life I believe this translation might carry a lot of quality.

Apart from that, additional changes and fixes were made, that can be seen at the beginning of this post in the changelog.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk