MAGS 2009-01: (No) Drugs!

Started by Klaus, Thu 01/01/2009 11:58:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryan Timothy B

Oooo and to make matters worse... it's the Italian Mafia...
Looks like I'll have to quit my job just so I can keep working on this game.  I need my hand. :P

Dualnames

Well, can I at least die tomorrow? It's my birthday today.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Trihan

Happy birthday.

Oh crap, I'm not entering this...

*evades mobsters*

Dualnames

-WINNERS DON'T DO DRUGS-

Sales Pitch:
What if you wanted that drug badly...but your grandma was in the way? What would you do to distract her and get some lonely time with it? How far would you get?

An awesome entry full of awesomeness and randomness by DN Games. A game that will shock you so bad, you won't be watching Grey's Anatomy today.

Remember:

Download it here (2Mb)

And if you like it or no one else enters and makes me the favour, vote for it.

About:
This is my first clean no photoshop drawn game ever. Secondly, bicilotti has installed a large numbers of macktheknifers, sharpshooters and tommy gun holders outside my house, not allowing me to leave...
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

ALPHATT

/sig

bicilotti

A game, very good, very good! Downloadin'

ALPHATT

/sig

IndieBoy

Quote from: ALPHA2T on Tue 20/01/2009 18:31:51
Only 1 entry?

Please more.
Er not to steal Klaus' job, but there is still 5 days to go. I'm in the middle of play Dual's entry but I'm little stuck what to do next. Anyway this is to say that I'll be leaving the country in the next 5 days :P
Quote from: Calin Elephantsittingonface on Tue 08/02/2011 09:00:55
The only person in favour of the mobs seems to be IndieBoy.. but he's scottish so we dont listen to him anyway.

bicilotti

Dual, how the hell do you

Spoiler
get out of bed?
[close]

OneDollar

Finished it, after a couple of tries. Nice job, and I really like the idea of having everything set in one (AGS) room with an NPC wandering around. It's still a little rough around the edges though, can't help thinking it'd flow better if you could somehow link the upstairs with the downstairs by a walkable area, but that's a minor thing. I enjoyed it anyway.

Couple of bugs though:
Spoiler
As soon as you use the hammer with the picture or nail you lose it, regardless of whether you take the picture down, so if you use the hammer before the pen the game becomes unwinnable. Also there doesn't seem to be a way to quit without closing the window or Alt+x ing out?
[close]
Kudos on the speed options though, very useful and very necessary.

Quote from: bicilotti on Tue 20/01/2009 20:13:09
Dual, how the hell do you

Spoiler
get out of bed?
[close]

Bic:
Spoiler
Click on the bed approximately where you had to click to climb under it. There's no hotspot label though
[close]

Dualnames

Bic:
Well, due to a scripting problem I've trying to hammer down for many many days but couldn't there should be a hotspot label appearing with label "Get out of bed", so well sorry for that.

One Dollar:
Spoiler
If you use the hammer before the pen? The code actually allows to use them in any order.
And I just check that. Use the pen on the picture and it will drop it.
[close]

As for your suggestion for walkable areas, I did  want to do it that way, but well baselines came to kill my idea. Wish I had more days, but I'm giving an exam this saturday so I had to finish the game by yesterday. Also I wanted to implement a save system ,but due to a bug I came up with (which has been solved in 3.1.2 beta), I couldn't add save and load routine. Using beta version wouldn't be wise.

As for the speed, while I was beta-testing it I said, man this is really slow wish there was a way to..(you guess the rest). Glad you enjoyed and thanks everyone for giving it a shot.

Cheers.

OneDollar

Dualnames:
Spoiler
It might work if you use the hammer on the picture before using the pen, but I don't think it works if you use the hammer on the nail before using the pen
[close]

Dualnames

Quote from: OneDollar on Wed 21/01/2009 12:42:35
Dualnames:
Spoiler
It might work if you use the hammer on the picture before using the pen, but I don't think it works if you use the hammer on the nail before using the pen
[close]

One dollar. I said i checked it ;D.
Spoiler
Use the hammer on nail then use pen on picture. Works fine, check it yourself. 8)
[close]

OneDollar

Quote from: Dualnames on Wed 21/01/2009 14:32:02
One dollar. I said i checked it ;D.

Ah, so it does.
Spoiler
Was confused by the picture not moving :)
[close]

Ryan Timothy B

I'm sluggin away at my entry... it'll either be finished JUST on time (with hopefully minutes before midnight, on the 25th), or it'll be a few days beyond that.  Depends on how many snags I encounter, this is what happens when you save most of the character animation and all the programming until the last 5 days.
I'll let you know, Bicilotti. :P  Don't send the mafia, yet.

Klaus

So only some more hours left until the voting will begin - or we will see a winner by default. Please submit your entries within the next 18 hours (see timestamp of this message) to join the competition!

Ryan Timothy B

Oooo.. 15 hours to go.  :-\
Looks like I'm not going to sleep tonight.

Ryan Timothy B

Alright.  You don't have to worry about me when the clock strikes.
I ran into a programming snag. I managed to figure it out but it still delayed me at least half a day.

So anyway.... now I'm going to bed.  :P

(Here's a little preview of what I had been doing. This and This. I had 8 backgrounds in total with 4 characters completely animated.)

bicilotti

Quote from: Ryan Timothy on Sun 25/01/2009 15:23:46
Alright.  You don't have to worry about me when the clock strikes.
I ran into a programming snag. I managed to figure it out but it still delayed me at least half a day.

So anyway.... now I'm going to bed.  :P

(Here's a little preview of what I had been doing. This and This. I had 8 backgrounds in total with 4 characters completely animated.)

What a pity! I hope to see that completed in the next weeks/months

Klaus

Quote from: Ryan Timothy on Sun 25/01/2009 15:23:46
... it still delayed me at least half a day.
So would a deadline extension of 24 hours be helpful to see some competition here?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk