Recruit A Team - need help with your game/project?

Started by Papiea, Tue 30/12/2008 15:18:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Papiea

So, you're stuck for programmers, artists, animators, writers and musicians? Here's a thread for you to ask for them!

As threads of asking help for games clutter up the main forum we're trying to stick to one thread, but here's the mini-catch (or not so much of a catch).

>> PLEASE REPLY USING PM OR EMAIL TO THE AUTHOR OF THE POST! NO REPLIES IN THIS THREAD, PLEASE!

>> IF YOU FIND SOMEONE TO HELP YOU, PLEASE REMOVE YOUR ENTRY OR EDIT IT SO I CAN PRUNE THIS THREAD EFFICIENTLY! THANKS :D

Preferably use the strikethrough option to indicate your post is no longer valid!

If you can provide a detailed synopsis with screenshots or prelimnary sketches, feel free to start a new thread asking for help.

If you just have a paragraph or so of what you are looking for, please use this thread for it. Threads created in this forum which ask for help but don't provide screenshots will be moved to the General forum. So, as a rule of thumb - whip up some sketches, be they in Ms Paint or scanned from paper.

People will be more likely to help you work on your game if you've got something to show.

So, ask away! Please remember to give an email address or other way of contacting you (perhaps simply through PM).

Other useful things to remember;

- Ask people directly, don't expect people to come to you!
- Outline the project, the story etc*
- Give details of what you're looking for in the person you need
- Explain the benefits (if any) of working on your project

* Unless of course you need help with the story!

:)
Mods

Some helpful hints, if you're going to be pro about it!
» If it's just an idea, it's worthy in a notebook - not here
» Don't ask for art unless you've got a proper design document
» No point asking for musicians until you have a working build
» Character animations may be your biggest nightmare
» Don't ask for beta testers until you're almost finished making it

Refreshed for 2011

I will also add other industry related jobs to the thread, including paid opportunities and jobs.

The merge didn't go so well tho...

View 2004-2008 "Recruit A Team" announcements here:
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=30347.0

If you're working on a commercial project please don't stitch people up and not tell them in the first instance that you'll be making money from it.

Peder 🚀

Sons of Gaia is recruiting!!

After.... must be almost 3 years soon I have decided to remake my first ever finished game Fallen Angel:
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/games.php?action=detail&id=702

Id like to transform this rushed MAGS game into a nice short game!
What do I need?

1-2-3. I need a master mind of a story writer, a puzzle creator and a dialoge writer to transform this "boring" and "confusing" adventure into a interesting mind taking adventure!

4. I also need an artist to do some decent background art!

5. Also needed is someone to make/design me a new interface/GUI!

(6. A musician? maybe, maybe not!)

Do you think you got whats needed?
Send me a PM or an email to cupgage[at]hotmail.com.

Best regards,
Peder Johnsen
Sons of Gaia
www.sonsofgaia.net

resonator

Hi...complete failure at making even the most basic of games...but would dearly like one...before March 2009...for a charity event in Brighton UK.
A very basic game with not too many locations would be ideal,a big game with lots of twists and puzzles could be developed at a later date if there was the "market"...I can supply the music(if required),a rough plotline and a pic to use for the template of the lead character.....It would be aiming for any age group so nothing too risque...The finished article would be raffled at said charity event......and all monies raised going to a registered UK charity( www.rainbowtrust.org.uk  ),I would arrange packaging etc.
Any profits which might arise from further developments would be yours to do with as you pleased!!!

If you are able to help please PM me for more details...fingers crossed there is a saviour out there!!!

m0ds

doh
So, you're stuck for programmers, artists and animators? Here's a thread for you to ask for them!

As threads of asking help for games clutter up the main forum we're trying to stick to one thread, but here's the mini-catch (or not so much of a catch).

>> PLEASE REPLY USING PM OR EMAIL TO THE AUTHOR OF THE POST! NO REPLIES IN THIS THREAD, PLEASE!

>> IF YOU FIND SOMEONE TO HELP YOU, PLEASE REMOVE YOUR ENTRY OR EDIT IT SO I CAN PRUNE THIS THREAD EFFICIENTLY! THANKS :D

If you can provide a detailed synopsis with screenshots or prelimnary sketches, feel free to start a new thread asking for help.

If you just have a paragraph or so of what you are looking for, please use this thread for it. Threads created in this forum which ask for help but don't provide screenshots will be moved to the General forum. So, as a rule of thumb - whip up some sketches, be they in Ms Paint or scanned from paper.

People will be more likely to help you work on your game if you've got something to show.

So, ask away! Please remember to give an email address or other way of contacting you (perhaps simply through PM).

Other useful things to remember;

- Outline the project, the story etc*
- Give details of what you're looking for in the person you need
- Explain the benefits (if any) of working on your project

* Unless of course you need help with the story!

:)
Mods

Refreshed for 2009

The merge didn't go so well tho...

View 2004-2008 "Recruit A Team" announcements here:
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=30347.0

paolo

EDIT: I now have a background artist (yay!).

I am still looking for someone who is good at character art. My game contains around a dozen characters, all human, all in everyday clothing. The game is at 640 x 480 resolution and the characters will need to be drawn fairly large (maybe 250-300 pixels high) so that they don't have to be scaled up in close-up views.

The game uses portrait-style speech, so ideally you would be good at drawing faces too. There won't be any lip synch but a variety of expressions will be needed for most characters.

If you are also good at animations, that will be a bonus as some of the characters will be animated in certain cutscenes.

Please PM me if interested.

Thanks!

Tailgunner

Hi everybody!

We've searching for a background and animation artist for an old-school graphic like Curse of Monkey Island, in 2D but no pixel art. The project is in production but we don't have much. We're an italian team. If you're intersted, reply or send me an MP. Thank you for the attenction and, of course, sorry for the bad english.  :)

MoodyBlues

I'm currently holding voice acting auditions for Atapi!  The game currently has fourteen speaking roles, and the first three are major parts.

Voice acting for this game, however, is a little different - it's all in a constructed language.  So if you want a unique and challenging role, this is your audition!

Here's how it works:

1)  Choose from the list of characters.  You may audition for as many roles as you like.
2)  For each character, choose three from the list of lines.  Your submissions should be in the conlang, not English.
3)  PM me with your name, the characters you're auditioning for, their lines, and your recordings.

If you want additional information about the characters, please let me know.

Thanks for your help!
-Kristin "Moodyblues" Moody

Characters:
----
1 (Oko)
Personality: Shy, gentle, warm, fatherly

2 (Kiri)
Personality: Curious, athletic, outgoing
Note:  I would prefer that the voice actress is close to the character’s age.

3 (Boma)
Personality: Grouchy, curt, no-nonsense

Personality:  Wild, courageous, chivalrous
Note:  Character 4 is a foreigner and doesn’t speak the main character’s language very well.

Personality: Vengeful, bitter, slightly sad

Personality: Warm, strong, gentle

Personality: Sad, weak, hopeless

Personality: Gentle, kind, motherly

Personality: Stern, wise, formal

Personality: Passionate, excited, courageous

Personality: Cold, noble, proud

12-14
Personality: Outgoing, gossipy, fun-loving

Lines:
----
Do you understand?  If we do not do something, he will die!
Bi-igun bor?  Go kuso-on pa un, obi wo bo-in ir!

Thank you.  If I can do anything to help you, you need only ask.
Sobor.  Go kuso-a ji jashi wod bordwa, utobki-igun bordwa.

Hey, that’s not fair!  You tricked me!  Come back here!
Ah, idgia pa gaj!  Jikidu-in wun bor-un ji!  Bu-in bor!

It’s my fault.  I should have been there to stop it.
Idgia ji-ujo.  Gia-a wun ji kwa modjidu id.

No!  We’re not leaving this forest as long as they’re alive!
Pa!  Tudupa-on ok pa un amikaki ikos witu-idin atir!

I’ve never seen anything like you before.  What are you?
Ti-a ji jashi shaoja bor.  Gia-un bor idok?

Stop them!
Modjidu-igon kidwa atir! 

Me?  Eat you?  Don’t be ridiculous.  You’re too small.
Ji?  Sokkik bor?  Gia-un pa bor jijam.  Gia-un bor jobas.
Atapi - A Fantasy Adventure
Now available!: http://www.afwcon.org/

Le Woltaire

I need help for the translation of "A Second Face" into following languages:

English
German
Spanish
Italian
French
Russian
Polish
Arabic
Japanese
Korean
Chinese
Portugese
Dutch
Turkish
Greek
Hungarian
Romanian
Bulgarian
Swedish
Finnish
Norwegian
Icelandic
Any other language...

It is a lot of work (10 000 lines of dialogues) therefore a lot of patience and time is necessary...

DrWhite

Hi there...
I´m looking for an english native speaker who could take a look on my translation ... just to proof if it doesn´t sound stupid and if the jokes "work".
It´s just about 2000 words, as it will be a very short game.  ::)

If someone could help me with this, just send me an e-mail.

Edit: Wow, that was fast.  :o Ok, I found someone. Thanks.

deltoran

yer, i need help i on my game. but i've got most of story line finshed, but to finsh it i need to know if it is possable to make fighting minigames and stuff like that.

i need artist that make characters and backgrounds. i dont really mind what style.

the game I'm making is called unknow: the portal

its about a guy who finds him self in strange world.
after walking through some strange places he finds him self in a strange fog and in the distance he can see a robed figue, so he talks to him.

the robed figue tells him that he is in the portal, the unknow land.
(i cant remember what else i made the robed guy tell him)

in the next place he comes to find a grave yard and on a tomb stone it says his name and that he had fallen down a hole and his body had never been recovered.

the place he comes to is the bottom of the hole he had falllen down. his body is at the bottom and there is a strange blue light coming out of it with heaps of colours.

and thats how much i've done so far

but i was thinking that he then goes into the strange fog he again talk to the robed guy.
he says that it seems the portal is helping him but the grim reaper wont be happy and that he might have to fight his way out.
i hoping that i might be able to make it that your guy has to fight some ghost then next he gets in a chariot and the grimreaper is following him in a black chariot with dead horses and you have to make your chariot dodge rocks and ghost and out, well ride, the grim reaper

and that finds out more about is past and that he's is the son of someone important (maybe a greek/roman god?) and then he finds out that robed guy is the brother of the grimreaper and he lets you out of the portal

also i would like to know is makeing fighting scence and the chariot race possable

any help would much appreciate

heres the link for what i have done so far but i will change it later
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YXODSOQ6
Dont believe the dreams
Ever lasting dreams
Live or let die
The truth is shy
Over the hills
Run through the stream
And you can stand it
No more

ahadHaYam

Hey,

I'm 2nd year computer science student. i'm a great fan of old adventure games and i really like to work on some project.
i have some time now and more in the summer.
send me personal msg

thanks

Jraman1

I have written a short story (Kinda like a pirate story) and would like to get a team to make this game happen! I have no Game creating experience so need some good people to transform my story into a game. The story is pretty short so you could sxpand on it with the game version.

Contact me at pspmail64@yahoo.com or JraManCool on AIM
The Humans are Dead....We used Poisonous Gasses and we poisoned their......

Jakerpot

i needed someone to create a mini game for me. It will be a hack computer minigame to unlock doors.
It function this way: a background with a 8x8 grid will be show. In a grid will be a computer and in another a security system symbol, and in other grids will be some doors. What you need to do is: link all the doors to the security system using the priovided tools.
Provided Tools;
*GPU = can connect up to 3 grids (explain later)
*Conecting Lines = Are the lines used to connect the GPU, the doors, the system and computer. Each line ocupe 1 gride, and can be straight, curved (like a L) or in a T format.
*Hack Tool = Can split a straight line in a T line.
*Power Hack Tool = Can turn a curved line into a straight line, can turn a T line into a straight line and can turn a straight line into a curved line (one use only).

Well, each tool ocupe 1 Grid:

Door or Line
                       I                     
GPU = [GPU]--}--Door or Line
                       I
                   Door or Line

Line Tools = -- or L or T

Hack tool = -- to T

Power Hack Tool = -- to L or -- to T or L to --

Understood  ???

If someone (God scripter!) can help me... PM me!
PS: I will provide the grafics, and interface and other will be discussed later.
Thanks! J-

Alarconte

I need a Spanish to English translator.

The game is the demo of  Galactic Battlefare.
this is the thread:
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/yabb/index.php?topic=34663.0

Comunicate with me and we talk about.
"Tiny pixelated boobies are the heart and soul of Castlevania"

Galactic Battlefare Capital Choice Part 1 , finished, releasing soon
GBF CC Part 2, WIP

pants_catalog

I have an idea for a unique adventure game, but I don't have much going for me right now.  I would like to get some help together to work on a surreal science-fiction comedy set in a department store in a mall.  My area of expertise would be artwork for the game; however, I would need some help in the following areas:

Programming (I am completely AGS illiterate, but am willing to learn)

Character Design (I have general ideas of what I want, but cannot seem to simplify them to my liking)

Animation (which I am terrible at)

Story (again, I have ideas, but am unsure how it will advance)

Music

Voice Acting (eventually)

I am willing to help in any areas necessary and am open to suggestions.  Please e-mail me at pants_catalog@yahoo.com

Please note these points:  I want a cartoony look to the game, but I don't want it to look like it was drawn in MS Paint.  The game will be a comedy, but I am not wanting anything vulgar or risqué, I want it to be a family-friendly game (but cartoon violence and general slapstick is okay).  And again, I am not trying to get everyone to do everything for me, I want to be involved in any areas I can, and I will be doing a lot of the artwork and general production ideas.

Update 2/20/09
I'm envisioning a game with several different chapters where you play as a different character in each chapter, but the time frame in each chapter is simultaneous, so each chapter will tie in somehow with all the others.  It seems like it would be an interesting concept.  Let me know what you think if you're interested.

Dualnames

Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy wants you!!

For what?

Voice Acting:
-Can you do
Barman,News Host(8 lines), Hostess(5 lines), Gag Halfrunt (1 line) Zaphod,GGVunt leader, Vl'Hurg Leader,Engineer Robot, Whale? Apparently not all of them yourself :D

Eddie taken by Babar.
Narrator taken by Trihan.
Arthur Dent taken by DC.
Marvin taken by ShadeJackRabbit.
Trillian taken by VertigoAddict.
Ford taken by Mr Flibble.
Prosser taken by Cryxo
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Fedx

Hi everyone! I had an idea for making a Guitar Hero/Rock Band game like, but I'm gonna need some help. I need someone to create the backgrounds, some menus/GUIs, and someone to help me with scripting. If you want to help, here's the game forum: http://guitargamemaster.foroactivo.net
Just create an account and PM me. If I don't recognise you, I won't activate your account. Thanks!
- The gamer doesn't dies... he respawns -

Intense Degree

Hi all.

Beta testers wanted for my first attempt at a game to be released! It's quite short and probably won't take you too long.

PM if interested.

mouthuvmine

Sprite artist / animator needed. We're not looking for someone to do the whole job, just to help share the burden a bit. Here's a sample of what we have so far.

A lot of the sprites are created, but the game calls for a lot of unique animations. The game takes place on an alien world, in a kind of retro sci fi setting, so there's room to stretch creatively. PM me for more info and samples.

EDIT: I suppose it'd be good to credit the team members thus far so I'm not taking credit for someone else's labor=]
The Backgrounds were done by Scotch, and Matt Rollins created/ wrote/ and is scripting.

I'm personally hoping to have the art assets finished by the end of April, if not much sooner, so this is NOT a stalled project.
(I hope it's just Firefox making that sprite blurry. =] )

mouthuvmine

Looking for a scriptor for board game type of project. The game will be a 1 player (obviously =] ) versus board game, chess-like in that the small amount of pieces each have different moves and limitations, and the computer will have to be able to play within the same rules. I have a few neat ideas that should seperate it from from the average "game piece + board = game" formula. Sorry to be a little vague, but anyone interested enough to pm can check out the design doc thus far.
A large reason I'd like to keep it in AGS is that while it'll be it's own release when done, I'd really like to include it as a mini game in a future project I've been writing for a while.

It's a pet project on the side for me, so it's an easy going type of attitude toward development scedule, so if you're interested but busy, still feel free to contact me. I just want to see it someday done.

To the mods,

I made a seperate post just because I didn't want the images on my last post to cause someone that might be interested in this, but not the adventure game, to pass it by.

Thanks All!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk